• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Richie McCaw Cheat or genius

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just read a article about Richie and the Springboks saying he is cheat. I agree with some of what they are saying. I think he pushes the law to the word, but most of the time he steps over the law and always seems to get away with it.
I dont rate him as much of player. Jorge Smith and waugh play the same style with hand in the ruck extra. But always got pined.
Im not a fan of the springbok or even the way they play rugby. But I think they have point.
If Richie can get away with so should the rest of the players.
And come Saturday night I bet he will lie on the other side of the ruck to slow the ball down and not roll away and get away with it. Bring back rucking and ruck the shit out of him and then he will move.
Link to article
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27472081-5016959,00.html

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
He bends the rules like any openside and is also very good at his job. So he is both IMHO.

I have been on the bring back rucking bandwagon for a very long time. A couple of big blokes raking him off the ball (not stomping) would go a long way to fixing the problem.

Top Bloke

Ward Prentice (10)
TBH - McCaw played club & provincial rugby in Otago & Christchurch long before rucking was "outlawed" - he was well used to getting a good tagging and it didn't stop him being streets ahead of his counterparts then.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Springbokke calling McAwe a cheat? They are talking kak. Richie plays the ref and a example for any other rugby player and specially for those calling him a cheat. Thats the way rugby should be played.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
It wouldn't be the first time McCaw's been called a cheat by 'Bok' fans....
[video=youtube;tZB9TuTJ9UY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZB9TuTJ9UY[/video]

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Surely you are kidding Biggsy? You don't rate him?? He would be one of the first picked in a team of the last decade...by just about anyone. Most coaches would give their left nut to have a player like him in their lineup. Like any good seven, he pushes the limits...it's not his fault if refs are poor at officiating; he plays them perfectly, and I suspect if they started nailing him, he would just adapt. Sounds like trolling to me - if I'm wrong, I apologise.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
McCaw and the rest of the ABs get away with stuff that other teams can't.

I believe that if / when there is a change at the top (Andre Watson in for Paddy O'Brien), this rort will stop.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Genius. Must suck to have to watch him root your team... Oh wait he did that to Waikato and that did suck a lot... and the Chiefs, that sucked too.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)

I believe that if / when there is a change at the top (Andre Watson in for Paddy O'Brien), this rort will stop.
As I've said before mate, you only have to look at Paddy's comments about Barnes to know he doesn't favour NZ at all.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
yep dont rate him at all. Beside pilfering on a off side position and coming in second on 95% of the tackle off his feet. He really has no skills expect being a pain on the field. The All Blacks should get rid of him before the World cup or they wont even make it to the quarter finals....Because he will pilfer the ball and will get done and it will cost the All Blacks.... Cant wait to see that

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
TBH - McCaw played club & provincial rugby in Otago & Christchurch long before rucking was "outlawed" - he was well used to getting a good tagging and it didn't stop him being streets ahead of his counterparts then.

Not saying he wouldn't still be the best openside in the world (he's the best or second best I've seen), but legalised rucking would offset some of his effectiveness. Same for any ball pilfering flanker.

Top Bloke

Ward Prentice (10)
yep dont rate him at all. Beside pilfering on a off side position and coming in second on 95% of the tackle off his feet. He really has no skills expect being a pain on the field. The All Blacks should get rid of him before the World cup or they wont even make it to the quarter finals....Because he will pilfer the ball and will get done and it will cost the All Blacks.... Cant wait to see that
Frankly Biggsy if that is your opinion it is not one shared by the majority. Judging by your 2 comments here your knowledge of the laws of the game, particularly the breakdown must be lacking.

C

CanadianRugby

I think Biggsy is insane. Richie other skills including being able to read the game better than maybe anyone on the planet, always turning up in the right spot, making every tackle you need him to. He also jumps in lineouts and I think is an above average passer (for a flanker). Of course he cheats. Just like every single decent front rower cheats in the scrum, every lock cheat in the lineout, every back cheats in the backs (like creeping up offside when the ref isn't looking). Its called being clever and competitive. Watch Pocock and Burger form this last weekend. The were both probably involved in about 15 things each that were at best borderline illegal. Its what international level players do, try to win games by any means necessary. McCaw is but fantastic at it.

M

Muttonbird

Laughable.

M

Muttonbird

Bitterness and jealousy.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
He plays the ref better than probably any openside ever. I think cheat is the wrong word. The only 'cheats' I would label in rugby are ones that take a dive or fake an injury to draw the refs attention to an incident. Thankfully that doesn't happen much.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Looking at the foxsports video it is Burger that should have been penalised off the park on saturday. Some pretty obvious entering the breakdown from the side right in front of the ref that wasn't picked up!

Status
Not open for further replies.