• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RIP GAGR

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I've had a quick look at Tapatalk and it seems pretty easy to set up a community on there. I'll have a better look when I get a chance but suggest we sit on our hands until we get official confirmation that the forum will be shutting down. If/when that happens we can vote on a name and find some mods/admins and start to migrate everyone across.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yeah, the feeling is that the time is up for the blog. Times have changed since Matt started the main page. For starters we are all a lot busier and struggle to keep the content flowing while places llike https://www.thexv.rugby/ have popped up with high quality content, and even rugby.com.au have evolved into a news service.

We'd like to keep the forum going so will look to see if we can manage that.

Also, the Rugby Report Card guys are keen to keep podcasting so there's no reason they'd stop either.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I've had a quick look at Tapatalk and it seems pretty easy to set up a community on there. I'll have a better look when I get a chance but suggest we sit on our hands until we get official confirmation that the forum will be shutting down. If/when that happens we can vote on a name and find some mods/admins and start to migrate everyone across.

I think v2 of Xenforo is preety good. It uses a responsive design that makes it mobile friendly. There appears to be upgrade paths away to other forum software too.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah, the feeling is that the time is up for the blog. Times have changed since Matt started the main page. For starters we are all a lot busier and struggle to keep the content flowing while places llike https://www.thexv.rugby/ have popped up with high quality content, and even rugby.com.au have evolved into a news service.

Also, the Rugby Report Card guys are keen to keep podcasting so there's no reason they'd stop either.

If the forum could be saved that would be a great out come from GNGR.
With out knowing how it all works would a small members subscription fee may help to keep the Forum alive.
Not up to us but just putting it out there.
Go back to the Roots of where it started, Rugby fans banging out on a keyboard and reading all different views
Of the game.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I’m sure, collectively, we can come up with a solution

Well based on what I'm seeing here, we'll get multiple GAGRs organised along state lines.

NSW GAGR will have the most infighting as the biggest group.
QLD GAGR will spend most of its time furiously arguing over which 16yo prodigy will be a 100-Test Wallaby.
ACT GAGR will run the most efficiently, which the Admins will brag ceaselessly over, not understanding the performance is due to low volume of users.
WA GAGR will make everyone use a Force avatar and anyone "from over east" will be regularly shitcanned, after criticising the policy of recruiting Argentinian rugby fans.
VIC GAGR will sit and drink ethically-sourced oat chai lattes and make unrealistic plans to play at the MCG when they finally sweep away the scourge of AFL.

In the end, everyone will re-join NSW GAGR because it is the biggest, then complain that NSW runs everything and can't be trusted, but is a necessary evil.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Sad to see the Pod go and it will take some time getting used to no blog.

Let’s hope the futon continues. I realise that forums really are a dwindling if not failing media but GAGR is solid.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Sad to see the Pod go and it will take some time getting used to no blog.

Let’s hope the futon continues. I realise that forums really are a dwindling if not failing media but GAGR is solid.

I think forum's are still fairly popular. I hate the unstructured nature of some of the alternatives like reddit or Twitter. I'm supposedly the target demographic for all these newfangled platforms and I bloody hate them.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I think forum's are still fairly popular. I hate the unstructured nature of some of the alternatives like reddit or Twitter. I'm supposedly the target demographic for all these newfangled platforms and I bloody hate them.

Agree, love this forum and banter is allowed for a page at least. Facebook Nanny stated admins forum's shit me, admins don't allow any negative performance reviews. Every player gets a min 8/10 for a crap performance.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I like your structure up there Pfitizy, would look good as the new umbrella housing here at GAGR. Bring back the parochial state-lined festivals of hate.

TEST MATCH RUGBY GAGR
NSW GAGR
QLD GAGR
ACT GAGR
WA GAGR
VIC GAGR
Club Rugby GAGR
Foreign Scum GAGR
Everything Else

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Will be a shame I am not a regular user but find it the easiest way to keep up to date with Rebels news

molman

Peter Johnson (47)

Reg, does Nick have any plans? Enjoyed the Dropped Kickoff Pods around the NRC.

Likewise will be sad to see forum go. All GAGR now, but wasn't the forums the YellowScarf forum at one point?

Reactions: dru

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
So, if GAGR goes, how do we keep the forum going?
I am completely out of my depth with this stuff, but am happy to help if someone who is the full bottle on it all can take the lead and tell me what to do.
It's certainly the best forum I've encountered, and as long as the standard can be maintained and trolls and personal abusers given the flick, there's no reason it couldn't continue to be the go-to for rugby conversation.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Wonder if Gagger's thinking isnt related to the precipitous lack of Current Visitors.
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/online/

Everyone's pretty much buggered off. There's barely 10 members online at any one time anymore. Certainly never as many as 20.

Maybe he's just thinking "stuffed if I'm paying for these 6 remaining drongos to mope around here. Put em' out of their own misery"

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Wonder if Gagger's thinking isnt related to the precipitous lack of Current Visitors.
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/online/

Everyone's pretty much buggered off. There's barely 10 members online at any one time anymore. Certainly never as many as 20.

Maybe he's just thinking "stuffed if I'm paying for these 6 remaining drongos to mope around here. Put em' out of their own misery"

It isn't exactly peak rugby season at the moment