• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RIP GAGR

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
The fact that Photobucket still gets a mention in this forum suggests that we're probably all dinosaurs, and maybe the logical conclusion for those sinking their time and resources into running this future petroleum reserve is to call it a day. Thankyou to Gagger and the admins for keeping it going this long. I'll miss this when it goes, but the IRC channel is still running, right?

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
The fact that Photobucket still gets a mention in this forum suggests that we're probably all dinosaurs, and maybe the logical conclusion for those sinking their time and resources into running this future petroleum reserve is to call it a day. Thankyou to Gagger and the admins for keeping it going this long. I'll miss this when it goes, but the IRC channel is still running, right?

Photobucket , shit me when i had to actually join and pay membership. never posted a photo again.

Reactions: dru

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
One of the other factors on a technical level is lack of mobile-responsive layout. I only bother coming on here to astound you all with my brilliance when I'm in front of the PC.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)

IRC ?? what is that?

Am I in an episode of The IT Crowd?

International Rugby Chat?

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
One of the other factors on a technical level is lack of mobile-responsive layout. I only bother coming on here to astound you all with my brilliance when I'm in front of the PC.

yeh we had Tapatalk at one time and it stopped working.

But I dont need anymore distractions on my phone. Already nursing 5 demerits and $350 fine from that invasion of privacy camera the NSW government put out there to raise revenue

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
IRC ?? what is that?

Am I in an episode of The IT Crowd?

International Rugby Chat?

Internet Relay Chat. I think I went off IRC well before coming onto these forii - quite possibly saved me hours debating about rugby, hang on a minute.......................

I remember when it was a thing back in the 90's and 00's when I was in HS and early uni. Apparently it's still going mIRC is still a popular program FWIW

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Internet Relay Chat. I think I went off IRC well before coming onto these forii - quite possibly saved me hours debating about rugby, hang on a minute.........

I remember when it was a thing back in the 90's and 00's when I was in HS and early uni. Apparently it's still going mIRC is still a popular program FWIW

Next you boys will be talking about BBS'. Ah the days to waiting literally minutes for a simple image to load, or the horror when someone picked up the phone and killed your connection. How far we've come.

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
Next you boys will be talking about BBS'. Ah the days to waiting literally minutes for a simple image to load, or the horror when someone picked up the phone and killed your connection. How far we've come.

Yep, the joys of "floppy discs" etc.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Hi All,

Apologies for the radio silence - the back end of the year was a fucker

It would have been worth starting a shut down rumour just for this thread and Dismal's Hitler Vid.

The truth is that we have been discussing the future of the mega brand industrial rugby publishing complex that is GAGR. The world changes, we change and GAGR will need to.

The only only thing that's defo got the chop is the GAGR Show (OG podcast) - the other podcasts are all still good to go. We're reviewing how/if we run the front page (blog). We believe a remodelled forii structure should mean it can continue to waste hours of your lives so no need for drastic measures just yet.

Hope you all have a cracker New Year.

Matt

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The good news is I can cancel the fleet of trucks I'd hired to cart off 440 billion gygatonnes of pointless photo essays.

The bad news is Gagger has to tell the poor driver pricks, on New Years Eve, that no, they won't be getting paid.

6f2c60c2898ffa8c4b9e1b6f020b845a23dc2842.webp

"What the f**** ********** ***** ********".

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hi All,

Apologies for the radio silence - the back end of the year was a fucker

It would have been worth starting a shut down rumour just for this thread and Dismal's Hitler Vid.

The truth is that we have been discussing the future of the mega brand industrial rugby publishing complex that is GAGR. The world changes, we change and GAGR will need to.

The only only thing that's defo got the chop is the GAGR Show (OG podcast) - the other podcasts are all still good to go. We're reviewing how/if we run the front page (blog). We believe a remodelled forii structure should mean it can continue to waste hours of your lives so no need for drastic measures just yet.

Hope you all have a cracker New Year.

Matt

Typical bloody media mogul - just lobs a hand grenade rumour toward the general direction of the interwebs to stir up a bit of outrage and controversy (and yes, I'm pronouncing it "conTROversy" in my head like Rabs Warren).

This is just Dictatorship 101. Using Cavill as his unwitting pawn (easy enough to do).

Thanks for nothing, Trump.