• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5: Waratahs v Rebels SCG 1945 Saturday 19/3/22

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Its a struggle to follow the selection rationale for the Rebels. Carter is raw but hes got one hell of an upside. To'omua is all down.

Same thing to a lesser extent with Powell. He just doesn't cut it.

Anyway, if both teams play to form Tahs win comfortably.
F@#k. We're done for now )

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Not overly inspired on our team selection. Glad that Hardwick is starting - deserves a run.
Something isn't quite right in our tight five; height, sync, secondary shove. Can pick it, but clearly it's a problem. Yet, we have the same start tight five?
I'm a fan of pick and stick, but cleary our 9-10-12 option isn't working. Seemed to work quite well when Moses and Carter were on the field. Seems and obvious change to make.
Excited to see Tamati have another crack at no 8. Just let him snip 15 each side of half way, and leave the wide stuff to wells/hardwick. He will be an absolute monster there.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Richard Hardwick gets promoted which is fair. Interesting to see Hanson has been kept out again, I thought Ma’afu went well.

Don’t know why Tuttle is back though. I liked Moses.
Hanson is Injured. Went into his last game with a knee injury then busted his shoulder in his first carry and played the rest of his minutes. Pretty tough to do in the front row.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Wow, these Wednesday afternoon team releases do feel really early for a Saturday game. Not complaining tho. Great to see Cridge and Porecki back, aside from that I'm still enjoying the understated consistency in selections, very positive.

I don't want to stray into criticism of the Rebels, but they're still hiding Gordon on the bench and sticking with To'omua as 10? Feels like a ceiling has been reached there, some time ago. But hey, as a Tahs fan, not complaining about that either

and they just change it once they work out the real team closer to game day

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
We just fucking suck

The best we looked all season was with Gordon at 10 and To'omua at 12 and then we persist with To'omua at 10. It’s like the club is actively trying to turn fans off the Rebels
It's a Melbourne plot

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Attachments

• E4989D36-6B18-4B0E-9075-52DCC7F01FAA.jpeg
    E4989D36-6B18-4B0E-9075-52DCC7F01FAA.jpeg
    518.3 KB · Views: 61

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I've only just started watching and the rebels are throwing it around a bit.. they probably need to calm it a little kick to the corners a little more trust Philips to attack the lineout

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
I've only just started watching and the rebels are throwing it around a bit.. they probably need to calm it a little kick to the corners a little more trust Philips to attack the lineout
I'm not sure I can see their game plan. I like not letting the ball die but it seems a little helta skelta.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm not sure I can see their game plan. I like not letting the ball die but it seems a little helta skelta.
Yeah seems like it's more frantic then on purpose... The prop with a poor pass for knock on near the line.. the bunch of times they just throw it till they dropped it..

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeah seems like it's more frantic then on purpose... The prop with a poor pass for knock on near the line.. the bunch of times they just throw it till they dropped it..
Tahs seem more intentional but they're getting drawn into the fractured play and some sloppiness is apparent.. they just need to settle.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Pet peeve: Powell wasn’t on the ball at all there. Just holding the body for dear life. That should not be rewarded with a penalty for holding the ball.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Pet peeve: Powell wasn’t on the ball at all there. Just holding the body for dear life. That should not be rewarded with a penalty for holding the ball.
But if your going to take that view, surely Harris is lying on the ball?