• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5: Waratahs v Rebels SCG 1945 Saturday 19/3/22

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Not sure he is even a fantastic athlete either. Banks, Campbell, Harrison all ahead of him and they’re all versatile.
I’d say Hodge is more of an athletic individual then Campbell and Harrison. The difference is those guys are better rugby players, they do more with less. Hodge is a big strong player, decent speed and can kick the stitching off the ball. What he doesn’t do is read the game well or create opportunities outside of him.

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)

Yes his best was probably 4 years ago. Let’s hope the Wallabies realise that. Not much in this package other than a lot of long range goals, tries where he is put into the open (was quick!) and one tackle.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Reds and Ponies - daylight - then tahs, force and rebels. I don’t want to be negative but again I think we are heading to a challenging series of games against kiwi sides as the super rugby pacific model is flawed and does not seem a way RA and NZRU can get on the same page how to resolve it.

I don't know. The Tahs seem to be playing to their opponents from what I've seen so far. Which is an issue in itself. Our two losses were to both the Reds and Brumbies but we played significantly better in those games than the last two weeks.

Watching last night we started off more focused but quickly became probably a little too comfortable and allowed our game to wander much like the Rebels do.

I could be wrong of course. We'll have a better sense next week.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Yes his best was probably 4 years ago. Let’s hope the Wallabies realise that. Not much in this package other than a lot of long range goals, tries where he is put into the open (was quick!) and one tackle.
Yeah he runs good lines and has the build to break tackles. I think his best position is 13 or wing, if given time in the position he could become a good a crash-ball 12 similar to how Hamish Stewart plays.. but they need to just stop shunting him about.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Rebels look better with Gordon on the field... he needs more time.
I agree that they look better than with To'omua at 10, and he has a very strong pass but it doesn't go anywhere. Don't think he set up a line break or even half a break all game with his passing and he doesn't take the line on himself. ATM he just seems to shovel the ball to the next player one or two out from him. Needs a fair bit of development yet to make the grade in Super Rugby.