• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5: Waratahs v Rebels SCG 1945 Saturday 19/3/22

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Gavin Cooper let’s them play despite the throw not being straight when the maul is held up he instructs the Rebels to let it come and doesn’t award the turn over and then at the other end….

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
But if your going to take that view, surely Harris is lying on the ball?
I did miss that. So maybe that should have been pinged. But far out I hate these ‘hang on and hope’ holding penalties. I think they’ve been trying to crack down on them recently (I hear the odd ref yell out “not on the ball!”) but still too many happen for my liking.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Okay - I have a question there, based on what Kahui was penalised for earlier. If the player is on the ground and Gordon needs to dive in him for Newsome to be tackled how can he do that without being penalised for diving on the player on the ground.

Surely he can’t be expected to not try and stop Newsome scoring?

I get that it is irrelevant in this particular case because Newsome scored, but it would seem to be an anomaly in the application of the rules.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I don't agree with it being a card. No way players head clash in purpose but the consistancy in rugby is so bad now.
Would love to be a Tahs, Reds fan. They always get the rub of the ref. The Tahs are lying all over the ball and slowing the ball down and he won't award a penalty

Reactions: TSR

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I don't agree with it being a card. No way players head clash in purpose but the consistancy in rugby is so bad now.
Would love to be a Tahs, Reds fan. They always get the rub of the ref. The Tahs are lying all over the ball and slowing the ball down and he won't award a penalty
Look I agree I hate head clash cards but sure as shit if the shoe was on the other foot

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Like the Rebels coming in the side of the ruck?... can point to lots of places both teams are infringing.