• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 7 Reds v Brumbies, Suncorp Stadium 2/4 @ 6:45pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Real bugger for Uru. I think he was playing himself into Wallabies squad contention these last few weeks. He added some enthusiasm and running flair that is a point of difference. Hopefully he's back in three weeks and can build that form back for the NZ games.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
yuk.

So

15 Petaia
14 Daugunu
13 Hunter
12 Stewart
11 Flook
10 JOC (James O'Connor)
9 Tate
8 Wilson
7 McReight
6 Wright
5 Blyth
4 Smith
3 Tupou
2 Nasser
1 Fotuaika

16 Faeesler
17 Hoopert
18 Nonggorr
19 Vest
20 Tuialima
21 Thomas
22 Henry
23 Creighton

Starting still looks very strong and I look forward to seeing if Wright can sure up our ruck work. Bench takes a bit of a hit though.
Like this team, but I'd have a question mark over Daugunu given how he's been overlooked in recent weeks (for whatever reason).

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Who else are you picking there?
Not saying I wouldn't pick Daugunu, just highlighting that there may be a reason he's been overlooked in previous weeks that we haven't been clued into. If Thorn wasn't to pick Daugunu, and with Droasese out of the country, it could be that Creighton starts and Grealy comes in on the bench.

Last edited:

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
With Campbell out for at least 3 games, the Reds need to double down on the Petaia at fullback investment. He's looked good there.

If Daugunnu doesn't come into the side this weekend you'd have to think there is a phantom injury of some sort.

Atkinson is usually on the money with his insights - you'd think if there were any major problems he wouldn't have thrown his name into the mix to replace Campbell this weekend.

Reactions: dru

Wilson

David Codey (61)
With Campbell out for at least 3 games, the Reds need to double down on the Petaia at fullback investment. He's looked good there.

If Daugunnu doesn't come into the side this weekend you'd have to think there is a phantom injury of some sort.

Atkinson is usually on the money with his insights - you'd think if there were any major problems he wouldn't have thrown his name into the mix to replace Campbell this weekend.
Funnily enough Atko has something for you there too:

I think Daugunu is really going to have grab this chance with both hands here. With Vunivalu potentially fit for the Rebels game, this might be Daugunu's last good shot at nailing down a starting spot this season.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Funnily enough Atko has something for you there too:

I think Daugunu is really going to have grab this chance with both hands here. With Vunivalu potentially fit for the Rebels game, this might be Daugunu's last good shot at nailing down a starting spot this season.
Ask and you shall receive!

Very weird trajectory for Filipo these past few years isn't it. He quickly became a Super Rugby revelation for the Reds, catapulted into the Wallabies and most thought he was the best attacking winger in the game alongside Koro that season. Then 2021 his form dropped a bit, a few injuries etc. Now essentially being the third option to even play a game, and there isn't a guarantee he will start.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Really impressed with what Nonggorr had to offer at the start of this season - hopefully he gets his chance and runs with it again. Some competition for Zander to get back into the side is nothing but a good thing for all parties.
Nongorr is a tight head and Zander is a loose head

Means Feao Fotuaika is going to bounce from one side of the scrum to the other

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Aka composure and rugby intellect.
a very good leader. Captained Aus u18 that beat NZ a couple of years ago. Well respected by peers.

I see another Andrew Slack in him. Great to see him being developed.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Not saying I wouldn't pick Daugunu, just highlighting that there may be a reason he's been overlooked in previous weeks that we haven't been clued into. If Thorn wasn't to pick Daugunu, and with Droasese out of the country, it could be that Creighton starts and Grealy comes in on the bench.
Grealy straight up

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
  1. Harry Hoopert – Brothers
  2. Josh Nasser – University of Queensland
  3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
  4. Ryan Smith – Brothers
  5. Angus Blyth – Bond University
  6. Liam Wright (cc) – Easts
  7. Fraser McReight – Brothers
  8. Harry Wilson – Brothers
  9. Tate McDermott (cc) – University of Queensland
  10. James O’Connor – Brothers
  11. Filipo Daugunu* – Wests
  12. Hamish Stewart – Brothers
  13. Hunter Paisami – Wests
  14. Josh Flook – Brothers
  15. Jordan Petaia – Wests
  16. Richie Asiata – Easts
  17. Feao Fotuaika – Sunnybank
  18. Zane Nonggorr – Bond University
  19. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto – Souths
  20. Tuaina Taii Tualima – GPS
  21. Kalani Thomas – University of Queensland
  22. Isaac Henry – Wests
  23. Lawson Creighton – Brothers

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
BRUMBIES (1-15): James Slipper, Folau Fainga'a, Allan Ala'alatoa (c), Darcy Swain, Nick Frost, Rob Valetini, Jahrome Brown, Pete Samu, Ryan Lonergan, Rod Iona, Andy Muirhead, Irae Simone, Len Ikitau, Tom Wright, Jesse Mogg
RESERVES: Lachlan Lonergan, Scott Sio, Sefo Kautai, Tom Hooper, Ed Kennedy, Nic White, Hudson Creighton, Cameron Clark

Referee: Angus Gardner
Assistant Referees: Damon Murphy, Graham Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.