• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 7 Reds v Brumbies, Suncorp Stadium 2/4 @ 6:45pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
  1. Harry Hoopert – Brothers
  2. Josh Nasser – University of Queensland
  3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
  4. Ryan Smith – Brothers
  5. Angus Blyth – Bond University
  6. Liam Wright (cc) – Easts
  7. Fraser McReight – Brothers
  8. Harry Wilson – Brothers
  9. Tate McDermott (cc) – University of Queensland
  10. James O’Connor – Brothers
  11. Filipo Daugunu* – Wests
  12. Hamish Stewart – Brothers
  13. Hunter Paisami – Wests
  14. Josh Flook – Brothers
  15. Jordan Petaia – Wests
  16. Richie Asiata – Easts
  17. Feao Fotuaika – Sunnybank
  18. Zane Nonggorr – Bond University
  19. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto – Souths
  20. Tuaina Taii Tualima – GPS
  21. Kalani Thomas – University of Queensland
  22. Isaac Henry – Wests
  23. Lawson Creighton – Brothers
My question is.... who of the two cc's has the decision making on the night, e.g. a Reds penalty 30 metres out from the Brumbies try line. Does Wright or McDermott make the decision as to kick for 3 points or go for the corner?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The folks wanting to do 11. Flook and 14. Daugunu - explain ti to me. I'd very definitely be arse-betwixt.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Quick, good defender, runs good support lines and good catch pass. Plus he’s match fit. Play our best possible 23 v Brumbies.

Edit: I also agree with Dru that Paisami’s best spot is 13 and I wouldn’t be dropping Stewart for this game unless Thorn thinks Henry is an upgrade at 12 which I think would be something of a leap of faith at present.
The functions you have mentioned are more of a ‘can do’ rather than a strong attribute. Now let’s compare Paisami, Stewart and Henry in the centre channel. I think it’s clear who the 3 options are between 12, 13 and bench.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
The functions you have mentioned are more of a ‘can do’ rather than a strong attribute. Now let’s compare Paisami, Stewart and Henry in the centre channel. I think it’s clear who the 3 options are between 12, 13 and bench.
I am not going to pretend I know the pecking order, but I am not sure what evidence there is that Henry is clearly favoured to Flook, especially at 13. Flook was first cab off the rank last year when Paisami was injured and there is nothing in either his form or the selections so far to suggest he has slipped in the pecking order.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
I am not going to pretend I know the pecking order, but I am not sure what evidence there is that Henry is clearly favoured to Flook, especially at 13. Flook was first cab off the rank last year when Paisami was injured and there is nothing in either his form or the selections so far to suggest he has slipped in the pecking order.
All I’m saying, is that I would like to see the combo of Paisami 12 and Henry 13, along with my other proposed outside backs. Thorn probably has a different vision so I may never see it. There is no question over Stewart being my best performing 12 at this time. Flook is okay and I’m not suggesting he doesn’t deserve to bounce around the 23, just not our best option at 13 or wing in a fully fit squad.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
All I’m saying, is that I would like to see the combo of Paisami 12 and Henry 13, along with my other proposed outside backs. Thorn probably has a different vision so I may never see it. There is no question over Stewart being my best performing 12 at this time. Flook is okay and I’m not suggesting he doesn’t deserve to bounce around the 23, just not our best option at 13 or wing in a fully fit squad.

Has Henry ever played 13 do you know? What are the qualities you see in him there that put him above Flook and Stewart in the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.