• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Championship 2021

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1news reporting, without citing a source or claiming it as something they can exclusively reveal, that Bled2 will be at Eden Park on 14/08. Wouldn't surprise me if they're right (see my #55 above) but I'll be looking for confirmation.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Is that two tests in a row at Eden Park or have I misread something? Because that's a hard, hard pass from me.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ no you read it correctly but again that's just what the sports news guy said right at the end of his segment without quoting anyone or citing any other source. Hence I'm treating it as hearsay at least until someone else independently comes out with the same thing.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
This seems like a pretty high-risk-high-reward situation for Foster. On the one hand, it's two consecutive Bledisloe tests at the fortress. On the other hand, it's two consecutive Bledisloe tests at the fortress. Wins at Eden Park are assumed. A single loss at the Garden of Eden would deal a hefty blow to an already teetering tenure. Would also force the decider to be played in Australia. Indeed, as unlikely as it is, he could potentially even lose the Bledisloe at Eden Park. That's absolutely get-your-family-out-of-the-country-that-night-like-the-von-Trapp's material.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Dunners hasn't been mentioned at all, and I can almost understand the reluctance to take it to Wellington if it means Sunday or midweek,although can be done, it's not ideal is it to have less than a week between tests. By the same token, don't think it great to be pissing around in Aus for 3 weeks until Pumas arrive, but it is what it is wiith Covid.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ethan de Groot has been recalled to AB as injury cover for Joe Moody - described as a calf issue so would appear to be a fresh injury.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Still can't find anyone else talking about Bledisloe 2 being at Eden Park, I'm wondering if maybe Saville misspoke (didn't seem to be reading off the autocue, more "chatting" with the anchor as they went to the ad break) & meant to say sky stadium.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Just want to confirm the Wallabies are already in NZ and not stuck in the Qld hysteria, right?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Just want to confirm the Wallabies are already in NZ and not stuck in the Qld hysteria, right?

Confirmed en route:

shipstuck(1).png

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Am I being a bit pessimistic in saying I beginning to see the end of RC this year with outbreak in Qld? I can see there being a real problem coming where the games maybe have to all be played in WA or even that being a problem if just a couple of cses get in there?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Am I being a bit pessimistic in saying I beginning to see the end of RC this year with outbreak in Qld? I can see there being a real problem coming where the games maybe have to all be played in WA or even that being a problem if just a couple of cses get in there?

Worst case they'll be played without crowds if the NRL is a guide. WA is an option if Qld gets out of control, NZ would be the other one.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
The NZ government gave an exemption to Fiji allowing them to train while quarantining. Am not sure why they wouldn't be fine giving exemptions to the RC teams. In saying that, the Boks recent issues might not have helped the case.

Of course they could also just flounce again like last year. Particularly if they lose to the Lions.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A venue for Bledisloe 2 has to be announced tomorrow, surely, esp if it's not sky stadium so those who've bought tix can get their money back or make travel & accommodation arrangements as the case may be.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Worst case they'll be played without crowds if the NRL is a guide. WA is an option if Qld gets out of control, NZ would be the other one.

Won't be in NZ, if the travel bubble doesn't open, it will have to be in Aus, just let's hope it doesn't spread any further there. Pretty sure they will not give any breaks for anyone with this Delta strain.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
A venue for Bledisloe 2 has to be announced tomorrow, surely, esp if it's not sky stadium so those who've bought tix can get their money back or make travel & accommodation arrangements as the case may be.

Yep, well I one who will be wanting money back, got 7 tickets and 5 mates won't be here from Aus for any changed venue anyway.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Won't be in NZ, if the travel bubble doesn't open, it will have to be in Aus, just let's hope it doesn't spread any further there. Pretty sure they will not give any breaks for anyone with this Delta strain.

That's true, but the govt should be looking at the economic benefits considering they've all been in training bubbles. As pointed out above they have granted exemptions before. A WA/SA joint hosting arrangement could be the next best solution, that would do wonders for the sport in those states.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
That's true, but the govt should be looking at the economic benefits considering they've all been in training bubbles. As pointed out above they have granted exemptions before. A WA/SA joint hosting arrangement could be the next best solution, that would do wonders for the sport in those states.

Personally I can see playing the games there is an option, though I will be pissed to no end if 100th test between Boks and ABs is played in Aus.
Yep would certainly do the game wonders in WA and SA.