• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Championship 2021

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Rumour has it the current COVID outbreak in Brisbane has links to New Zealand, a clear attempt by NZRU to ensure the All Blacks don’t play at Suncorp Stadium evidently.

F*** me you spotted the NZR ruse Adam, how did they think that you wouldn't see through their evil plan??

Wilson

David Codey (61)
All Blacks v Argentina games to be played in Australia. Still hoping to keep both the South African games in NZ:
Rather than have players face two weeks in quarantine on their return to New Zealand, they will remain in Australia to play their scheduled September 11 and 18 Rugby Championship Tests against Argentina.
The revised schedule still allowed for the Tests against South Africa on September 25 and October 2 to be played in New Zealand although this could change if the Covid outbreak in Australia continues.
https://www.rugby.com.au/news/all-blacks-home-tests-against-argentina-dropped-in-virus-revamp-202183

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I have 2 tickets for the Perth test that I now can’t use. They were $179 each but happy to offload for cheaper. Let me know if any Perthites are interested.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I don't know for sure, but I would've thought it has to be next weeks. Can't see a good reason it would be the first one.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I’m surprised I’m not more worried about Wallabies playing Springboks after they won a WC and beat the Lions. Don’t really care now, not much heat in it (if they even come).

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I wonder how long before Rassie cracks it entirely, takes off the waterboy bib and starts playing himself?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I’m surprised I’m not more worried about Wallabies playing Springboks after they won a WC and beat the Lions. Don’t really care now, not much heat in it (if they even come).

It's really hard to get a good idea of where they sit right now. Obviously they're not doing poorly beating the Lions, but the the Lions definitely played the way South Africa wanted them too so it'll be interesting to see how they handle different game styles week in week out rather than one they've been planning or for over a year.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
AB squad for Bledisloe III*:

Hookers: Asafo Aumua, Samisoni Taukei’aho and Codie Taylor.
Props: George Bower, Ethan de Groot, Nepo Laulala, Tyrel Lomax, Joe Moody, Angus Ta’avao, Karl Tu’inukuafe and Ofa Tuungafasi.
Locks: Scott Barrett, Brodie Retallick, Patrick Tuipulotu and Tupou Vaa’i.
Loose forwards: Ethan Blackadder, Akira Ioane, Luke Jacobson, Dalton Papalii, Ardie Savea and Hoskins Sotutu.
Halfbacks: Finlay Christie, TJ Perenara and Brad Weber.
First five–eighths: Beauden Barrett.
Midfielders: Braydon Ennor, David Havili, Rieko Ioane, Anton Lienert-Brown and Quinn Tupaea.
Outside backs: Jordie Barrett, George Bridge, Will Jordan, Damian McKenzie and Sevu Reece.

No captain named but Codie & ASav considered the most likely. Not sure what happens to Christie when ASmith rejoins after the birth of his child.

* match thread started by Dismal appears to have fallen victim to the Great GAGR Reset.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
No real surprises, only question is what quarantine is required for remaining players, could be this squad is used for all of RC?
C'est la vie , what is to be is to be!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ as far as I can tell it's 14 days of hard quarantine on arrival at Gold Coast so SamW, ASmith & Mo'unga wouldn't be available for first Argentina match & nor would Coles if he flies over with them - obviously if his old man calves are slow to come right he could also miss second Argentina match & if really slow then one or both SA as well.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ as far as I can tell it's 14 days of hard quarantine on arrival at Gold Coast so SamW, ASmith & Mo'unga wouldn't be available for first Argentina match & nor would Coles if he flies over with them - obviously if his old man calves are slow to come right he could also miss second Argentina match & if really slow then one or both SA as well.
Foster saying they are still only hopeful of getting Sam @boys back for second Bok test. I would think all the others will just fly directly to America or where ever they go after Aus as as many as possible they will try and get them a game or two NPC ?