• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I loved listening to Gus talk down SWB and Rugby saying he will be feeling it tomorrow after the step up in skill and physicality the likes of which he would never have got in Rugby. What a nob.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Ah but anything Gus likes is "brilliant", including spider cam dwelling over the top of a mungo "scrum".
WTF?
Doesn't he know that, like everything else in that game, they're uncontested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I loved listening to Gus talk down SWB and Rugby saying he will be feeling it tomorrow after the step up in skill and physicality the likes of which he would never have got in Rugby. What a nob.

i'm not into Mungo bashing, as I think each code does certain things much better.
But....
When Gus say it's a grade above skill wise, he is a fuckin' idiot.
Jennings is supposed to be the premier centre in their game.
he had a simple 3 on 1, dragged the defender across and ran his supports out of room, and then to cap it of passed the ball less than 2 metres and missed his mark by a metre.
Result was a knock on,but the outrageous part, was that the commentary team did not even comment on the poor execution.
it's like they don't know any better.
Go to any kid's touch football comp, you will see better skills in the under14's.

Nelse

Chris McKivat (8)

If he was talking about defense, than it might be true. As far as I understand, 2nd row in league plays alot around the tackle in defense, so he would have been working, making more tackles than at Inside centre. But in terms of skill and physicality? Please. He would have been training with and against Ma'a Nonu with the darkness and playing against him in super rugby. Different skill sets are required for the different codes, and hearing a constant diatribe of small man syndrome from RL is getting tiring. Its a bigger game here NSW and maybe QLD and North England. I'm pleased you don't hear put downs on the Rugby Club about league to Folou or Vuna or Barnes or whoever else has had a background in League

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Ray Warren probably wants the option available to either throw Gus Gould out of the window or jump out of it himself if things get too bad.

I doubt I could spend five minutes in a room with Gould without doing something I'd regret later. He shits me to tears.

I doubt that Rabbits could lift Gus.

Having to listen to either of them would be painful.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I watched a little bit of this game and every time I saw SBW get involved I thought, what a waste. League is such a linear game, so predictable and so sterile. If that's where SBW is happy then that's sweet, but I think he's more suited to Rugby.

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
Congrats to Brumby Jack for getting a shout out on last night's show with a clip showing the Hurricanes' howler handing the Brumbies a win in the first season of the Super 12.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
different skill sets.did I not see SBW pack down (laughable term) as a prop?

Yes and the following scrum he stood in the centres.

I went out to the game last night. $BW was unimpressive. He looked unfit and looked to be avoiding the play. I was shocked when I heard he had the third highest tackle count for the roosters as we watched him closely and, while he defended the middle of the field, he more often than not was marking the support runner and not actually in the tackle. He will get there though, he is an old dog and this isn't a new trick for him.

P

Paradox

Hooper and Folau come across very well. Hoops is a future Tah captain....with crazy eyes. Dewi Morrs looks like a bum - some terrible shirt choices.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Ok Rugby HQ, if you have Scott Quinell on again can you please have subtitles ;)

Edit: great now I'm thinking what Kearnsie's thinking

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Classy performance from Drew Mitchell in the context of the situation he found himself in. The panel members were trying to get him to fling mud for all they were worth.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Classy performance from Drew Mitchell in the context of the situation he found himself in. The panel members were trying to get him to fling mud for all they were worth.
Agreed, those panel members did nothing for the Tah's last night. Flicked stations it was BS.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The best approach is to record it. Then speed-watch it, only slowing down for the bits that look interesting. The whole thing should take about 6 minutes, tops.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I watched a little bit of this game and every time I saw SBW get involved I thought, what a waste. League is such a linear game, so predictable and so sterile. If that's where SBW is happy then that's sweet, but I think he's more suited to Rugby.

He's there for a year. He'll be back in rugby for the world cup.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Agreed, those panel members did nothing for the Tah's last night. Flicked stations it was BS.
I don't think there was anything wrong with it. Sounds like there is some mud to be flung. Last year when QC (Quade Cooper) was on there, this place went nuts saying they didn't ask any tough questions, now they do and all of a sudden they're not doing anything for the Tahs?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yeah, I didn't have any issues with what they said about the Tahs or asked Drew Mitchell about the Tahs.

They certainly opened the door for him to have a rant if he'd wanted to, but surely that isn't a bad thing. If an unhappy player wants to help dig their own grave, it would be stupid of the show's hosts to prevent them.

It has to come back to personal responsibility and players making media appearances need to be the ones controlling what they say.

It's not like Mitchell was repeatedly pressed to say something negative.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Agree with BH. The probed him a few times, but didn't repeatedly press him. If they didn't probe him, it just would've been the same soft interviews sports people normally get which are very annoying.

edit: The Rugby Club should not, and is not, in the business of doing any of the franchises any favours. It should be there for the fans. Soft interviews on the Tahs, or Reds, or any other franchises are just a waste of time and they shouldn't bother if that's all they will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.