• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: NZL v ARG (Wembley Stadium) Pool C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relance

Herbert Moran (7)
Amazed no one has mentioned Carter kicking the Puma's try scorer in the head. That would be cited in the NH even though it wasn't deliberate, it was reckless, dangerous and your man has been concussed as a result.

Right, like that Paul O'Connell kick to Dave Kearney's head?

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
When did the kick happen? Must have missed it. If its not cited I will be calling bullshit on it.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
When did the kick happen? Must have missed it. If its not cited I will be calling bullshit on it.
As the Puma's four scored the try Carter's boot made contact with his head. What Carter's boot was doing there God knows but he would be cited in the NH.

Relance

Herbert Moran (7)
No I was thinking of Donncha O'Callaghans missed kick near an Ulster players head that saw him get two weeks.

My comment was ironic. You're blaming Carter for what looked more like tripping than anything else and talk about how that would have been cited in the NH. POC's monster kick fits your definition of a "reckless, dangerous" kick yet it wasn't cited, let alone penalised by the ref, which is the only thing that could have happened at this stage anyway.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
My comment was ironic. You're blaming Carter for what looked more like tripping than anything else and talk about how that would have been cited in the NH. POC's monster kick fits your definition of a "reckless, dangerous" kick yet it wasn't cited, let alone penalised by the ref, which is the only thing that could have happened at this stage anyway.

Since when did you trip someone up by the head? EDIT and the POC incident happened well over two years ago when Schmidt was still the Leinster coach.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Amazed no one has mentioned Carter kicking the Puma's try scorer in the head. That would be cited in the NH even though it wasn't deliberate, it was reckless, dangerous and your man has been concussed as a result.

Didn't Paul O'Connell put a boot into Dave Kearney's head a couple years back in a Pro 12 fixture and not get carded? I know it was ruled as unintentional, and it went to a citing commission and was dismissed.

EDIT: Already posted.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Didn't Paul O'Connell put a boot into Dave Kearney's head a couple years back in a Pro 12 fixture and not get carded? I know it was ruled as unintentional, and it went to a citing commission and was dismissed.

EDIT: Already posted.
The priority given to head injuries has changed quite fundamentally since that incident. Possibly it was that incident that precipitated it because, ironically, Joe Schmidt kicked up such a fuss about it. There have been a few incidents of players getting banned in the NH for incidents just like Carter today. Any contact with the head is meant to be a priority at the RWC.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
There were only 10.000 argentines at the stadium (there are 89.000 people in total). Richie is not beloved anywhere out of NZ.
I think he is a brilliant player, certainly the best I have seen and a lot of the abuse he gets is pure jealousy. That said, time is just starting to catch up with the man and the clever/ cynical bits and pieces that have made him so brilliant are starting to get spotted. NZ are not the force of old.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
There have been a few incidents of players getting banned in the NH for incidents just like Carter today. Any contact with the head is meant to be a priority at the RWC.

I'd like to know what those are, because I can't think of anyone who's been banned for incidental or accidental contact to the head, only reckless or deliberate contact.

Who knows, maybe Carter's incident will be reviewed and he'll be cited.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
I'd like to know what those are, because I can't think of anyone who's been banned for incidental or accidental contact to the head, only reckless or deliberate contact.

Who knows, maybe Carter's incident will be reviewed and he'll be cited.
Donncha O'Callaghan is one that immediately stings to mind. It was unintentional and he didn't even make contact but picked up a ban. Carter's foot moved towards your man's head, he made contact. I would say that is reckless. Not intentional I am sure but reckless none the less. I think he could be cited and pick up one of these new warnings rather than a ban because I would have said it was a penalty/ yellow card offence, but I think he should be cited.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Really? I thought deep down everyone loves him and pretends to hate him on game day.
No reason to hate the man, I think that little trip today is the dirtiest thing I have ever seen the man do. He plays right on the edge of legality but he is not even close to a cheap shot merchant. Wonderful player but not as good as he was.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well that was a typical first up effort by the ABs, they looked rusty as hell for a while, but hell of a lot of credit to Argies who also helped make them look that way. Thought the Argies gave everything they had, showed in last 10-15 minutes, so game went more or less as expected, although ABs could of picked up a couple more tries without having butterfingers. Thought Barnes reffed game well, though he tends to put his whistle away in most tests towrds end of game. All in all scratchy performance by ABs but I happy banking the win, and expect improvements as WC progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.