• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC: Pool C - Wallabies v Georgia, SdF Sunday 10th September 2am

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
If we went down a scrum half and an outside back, I’d back Gleeson’s speed and power to make more of an impact as a makeshift winger than Kemeny’s…whatever he’s been selected for.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Don’t see why it would change from 2 weeks ago
Our backs reserves are even less malleable with IFL, Vuni instead of IFL, Donaldson.

Koroibete, Nawaqanitawase and Vunivalu are all pretty incredible wingers but don't cover elsewhere. Weird to carry all three with a 6/2.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
So if we're going a 6/2 split, who are our forwards on our bench?

The first 5 bench spots pick themselves:
16. Uelese (prefer Faessler but we'll see)
17. Schoupp
18. Nonggorr
19. Frost/Arnold
20. Leota

so 21. is down to Kemeny or Gleeson. Are we going to see Kemeny's "utility" factor in here with only 2 backs?

No Pone or Nela?

has to be Kemeny if he is "a wing option" which now also makes no sense if Suli is 23

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Given Kerevi’s importance in going deep – the former Reds captain is the only big centre in Australia’s squad – it’s possible that Jones won’t want to risk his star against the 11th-ranked Georgians.

It’s likely Kerevi will start alongside Jordan Petaia in the midfield.

Hmmmmmm... ok Christy.

Reactions: dru

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
That should heat the forum up a bit. It looks like goal kicking might be part of the reason but I don't think its a long term solution to have him starting over Kellaway. But, he may surprise us like Tom Hooper has, aside from that missed debut pressure kick v Italy he was pretty good in gold on the EOYT.
Tom Hooper vs Ben Donaldson, I think alot of people knew Hooper was the goods, maybe a bit young, Ben not so much.. but if his picked then go get them

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Tom Hooper vs Ben Donaldson, I think alot of people knew Hooper was the goods, maybe a bit young, Ben not so much.. but if his picked then go get them
That sounds like a reply from a Brumbies supporter. Rennie also picked Donaldson, maybe he just didn’t quite find his mojo with the Tahs, he was shuffled around a bit with Edmed and Harrison, and then Jorgensen initially Bradburys his way into the 15 jersey straight out of school and turns out to be a star there. I’ll reserve any further comment until after watching him play.

Last edited:

griffins

Billy Sheehan (19)
That sounds like a reply from a Brumbies supporter. Rennie also picked Donaldson, maybe he just didn’t quite found his mojo with the Tahs, he was shuffled around a bit with Edmed and Harrison, and then Jorgensen initially Bradburys his way into the 15 jersey straight out of school and turns out to be a star there. I’ll reserve any further comment until after watching him play.

It has to be a Brumbies supporter because it would seem no-one outside the 5 of us had actually seen Hooper play. Anyone who had would have seen the obvious potential.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Still baffles me why Eddie's picked Kemeny over Samu, and how he's a utility just because he can cover both flankers?

One of Eddie’s podcasts he said they choose a couple players who realistically won’t play and are just there holding pads, so they need a few guys who are there just happy to do that.

Samu would likely be pushing to start and be disappointed every time he doesn’t. Not sure he’d happily play team B at training every session.

This isn’t something I agree with but I see the logic from Eddie’s point of view.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Injured and untried doesn’t seem fair, if he plays he’s not injured and he’s the same as Petaia’s selection last rwc. I think there’s far worse selections and nonsensical ones than Jorgensen. This kid is going to be a superstar.

I agree. Look at the alternatives at fullback. Wright? No thanks. I’ll take Jorgensen over him, he was equally good at super rugby minus the brain farts.
Hodge has utility value but I just don’t think brings enough.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Samu would likely be pushing to start and be disappointed every time he doesn’t. Not sure he’d happily play team B at training every session.

The last three coaches have all come to a pretty similar conclusion with Samu. He's an excellent player but his best role is as a bench player and no one has wanted to make him a key part of their team at test level. Even as the bench backrower he's been in and out of favour there.

Maybe they're all missing something but they've all had a pretty similar consensus on who he is.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The last three coaches have all come to a pretty similar conclusion with Samu. He's an excellent player but his best role is as a bench player and no one has wanted to make him a key part of their team at test level. Even as the bench backrower he's been in and out of favour there.

Maybe they're all missing something but they've all had a pretty similar consensus on who he is.
The Crusaders had the same opinion

But last year he was just excellent, one of our best forwards at times but ....................... this year he appeared to be spending his time on the field mentally going through french verbage for his next contract