• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SA vs NZ S14 clashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Flippet difficult to try and work and the Stormers bashing the Chiefs like this, bonus point in the bag. Hope my parrafien recorder dont burst out in flames at home.

G

GC

Try of the S14 season to Stormers there. Looking very ominous for the run home . In fact, the Boks looking very ominous.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Gee the Stormers looked good tonight. Becker was awesome, as was the hooker, and there is plenty to like about their centre combination. DeJong looks really good on his feet.

On the other side of the coin the Chiefs looked really bad, except the young fullback.

G

GC

Reckon the new interpretations really suit Burgher. Don't reckon Brussow would have been in the Boks 15 this year.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Dankie Manne, cant wait to watch the recording.

I was waiting for a complete performances from the Stormers a long time., look like they had it today.

Bekker is growing now for a long time , knew the new ruling will suits Schalkies play and hell he surprise me no ends with his captaincy role. Knew Rassie wanted to start with him as captain but he had to gave it to Jean to compliment flippen Luke Watson. Now you starting to see a Stormer side with spirit.

Duvenhage play is also heart warming for me and the Bokke , I like his scrummie play, very similiar to FdP.

Still some way to go but at least they put a marker out there. They have beaten all NZ franchises thus far and only the important one left, interesting the tickets for the Bulls Newlands clash has been sold out a day after availability.

Thats going to be a crunch game but until then we still have to deal with the Reds, Saders and Sharks.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
GC said:
Try of the S14 season to Stormers there. Looking very ominous for the run home. In fact, the Boks looking very ominous.

The Bulls do too. At the risk of sounding like a broken record let's not forget the Stormers, Bulls and Saders play each other in the last three rounds. In other words, some of them won't score points in those rounds.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Lindommer said:
GC said:
Try of the S14 season to Stormers there. Looking very ominous for the run home. In fact, the Boks looking very ominous.

The Bulls do too. At the risk of sounding like a broken record let's not forget the Stormers, Bulls and Saders play each other in the last three rounds. In other words, some of them won't score points in those rounds.
Throw in the Sharks in that pot to. They sure still fancy their changes. They'll pick up a 5 pointer tomorrow but a Brutes away match will put them at ease.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
yeah the Stormers looked very good, great defence and now their attack is starting to sort itself out

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Lindommer said:
GC said:

Which makes the whole thing all the more exciting. I think we're headed for a final weekend with loads of possible outcomes.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I'll be very surprised if the last week does any more than decide where the final will be played and which two non-SA teams will lose in the semis.

I know I said I'd wait till after next week to call it but its looking awesomely difficult to see anyone beating Stormers or Bulls at home. On their display last week the Crusaders definitely won't, which only leaves the two Reds games as possible losses for them. Not just looking at the points table, the quality of play is outstanding.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
One huge battle coming up on Newlands between the Stormers and the Saders. McAwes ton will motivate the Saders and the Stormers will try and do the Kiwi slam.

Good news for SA and Stormers is that BJ Botha maybe heading to Slaapstad and may play against the Guppies in round 13.

Will also be interesting to see if the Tin Ears can add futher pain to the Bluesers. The Chiefs gave them a lot of confidense.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Stormers with the home ground advantage vs Crusaders who Know how to win big games at the business end of the season.

My tip is a draw.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Ruggo said:
Stormers with the home ground advantage vs Crusaders who Know how to win big games at the business end of the season.

My tip is a draw.

Without really looking at the table, that sounds like the ideal result for the Australian Rugby teams.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Noddy said:
Stormers have picked Gio Aplon, so I'm picking the Crusaders.
Hey Misquito may had a bad one against the Reds but he was outstanding in the previous two wins. Myself think on Newlands he'll be the one that will create havoc in the Saders defense and play a huge role in changing jerseys from the Saders supporters on Newlands. Just one of his breathe taking runs and you'll see the Sader fans disappear in no time.

See DickHeadSon will ref this one. The Stormers will know him very well by now and wont mind him one bit. Newlands a total sold out and will be a hot place comes friday night.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
PaarlBok said:
See DickHeadSon will ref this one. The Stormers will know him very well by now and wont mind him one bit.

PB, Mate, can I hold you to that? :)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Biffo said:
PaarlBok said:
See DickHeadSon will ref this one. The Stormers will know him very well by now and wont mind him one bit.

Sure, dont know if the Saders will agree but the Stormers will know his ways now. I dunno if he'll handle the Newlands faithfull that well and will be under a bit of pressure here.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PaarlBok said:
Biffo said:
PaarlBok said:

Sure, dont know if the Saders will agree but the Stormers will know his ways now. I dunno if he'll handle the Newlands faithfull that well and will be under a bit of pressure here.

Dickenson is the last thing I would worry about if I were you. I'd be more concerned about Carter and McFlopandLieonthewrongside hitting form.

Status
Not open for further replies.