• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

School sporting scholarships/recruitment

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Have just seen on the GPS thread that Riverview 14As beat Scots 47-12 and 64-0 this year (Riverview 14As are good).

This may explain the activities that I heard about and mentioned yesterday in post #2331.

Watch this space.

Oh come on. Scots is a school founded on sound Christian principles. They are just providing decent educational opportunities to some economically disadvantaged from the Northern Beaches.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Not a sport I have any time for but a very well connected little birdy told me today that there is a huge issue in Basketball.
One school refusing to play another in next season's AAGPS.

B

Br Henry

Not a sport I have any time for but a very well connected little birdy told me today that there is a huge issue in Basketball.

This is where Scotts really shines in the inducement department.

B

Br Henry

Scots Basketball even try to poach players from other GPS schools. Very poor form.

Hence my experience. My son's best friend found his way to Bellevue Hill in 2012 after his family were offered a place. He was one of four boys poached from a northern beaches school

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Ah, the pursuit of world domination knows no bounds.

Scots won the GPS shooting this year, please don't tell me that is tainted as well. (Does a hyperbaric chamber help your accuracy?:))

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
This is where Scotts really shines in the inducement department.[/quot
do the bullets fly faster or slower in a hyperbaric - or is it hypobaric - chamber?
Less Air they must go faster !!!!! But boys will be puffing so wont be so accurate!!!! Should not laugh I have two boys at school so helped pay for it!!!! Would have been cheaper to fly firsts to Nepal and get them to pass in the snow!

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
This is where Scotts really shines in the inducement department.[/quot
do the bullets fly faster or slower in a hyperbaric - or is it hypobaric - chamber?
Less Air they must go faster !!!!! But boys will be puffing so wont be so accurate!!!! Should not laugh I have two boys at school so helped pay for it!!!! Would have been cheaper to fly firsts to Nepal and get them to pass in the snow!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Up on the Karakoram (circa 7000 metres ASL) in the disputed Kashmir territory between India and Pakistan the high altitude plays havoc with the ballistics of the soldiers, snipers and artillerymen intent on killing each other.

It is useful to understand how projectiles work at high altitudes.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Up on the Karakoram (circa 7000 metres ASL) in the disputed Kashmir territory between India and Pakistan the high altitude plays havoc with the ballistics of the soldiers, snipers and artillerymen intent on killing each other.

I'm slightly disturbed that you would know this HJ.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

The man who would be king:
Sean. Connery
Michael Caine