• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

School sporting scholarships/recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Here's a novel thought! Lets overhaul the whole lot!
I know it won't happen, because the traditionalists will never let it! It's so much better to kill a sport by stealth & scholarships, but don't touch our association. So will AAGPS be happy when they only have 5 in Div 1, with Shore falling as have High & Grammar?
AAGPS compete in more sports than rugby. I can just imagine the convoluted process of trying to accommodate some hybrid competition in one sport, yet not others.
Of course, we could default to a "Rugby is not the be-all and end-all" position, and get back to some sensible course?
Yeah, it's a bit out there, but food for thought.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Rob Hart and Beserker - your posts show just how much of a problem this flagrant proliferation of scholarships has become - it has obviously screwed up not only the schools', but also people's logic and ability to see the trees for the forest. Personal attacks, naming of players and playing the man and not the ball, have no place on this forum - so pull your heads in - your personal nonsense is ruining the forum

IS - I enjoy your posts, but I fear that you too may have been blinkered by this whole nonsense, but what about kids being the best all round , educated people they can be ? Last time I looked, schools were for learning, and rugby at school was a simple part of their overall fabric - a great sport for boys to enjoy with their mates, learn how to be part of a team - both the steeling lessons from a loss, and the joy and satisfaction of busting a gut for collective glory . ( and by the way, the pathways out of this pre "scholarship arms race" seemed to be good enough for the Wallabies to win a couple of World Cups and Bledisloes on the way !! )

I have said it before, and unfortunately look as though I will be saying it for some time - this is all just arse around !

How the hell can this nonsense be stopped - or is it truly beyond repair ??
Dear Vegas,

Please leave this forum now!!!

Making sense two (2) times in a row will send you to Purgatory...

As far as Berserker, RH, GTPIH et al.. Include Kenny and GPSR for good measure...
I agree 100%

Visions clouded with glory days and ready to slay a naysayer with verbal rhetoric of a schoolboy... No wonder Tight Head Lion left????
And whilst the holistic views of Messrs Jarse and Shoulder still hold true look at all of the contributors... Some just fish for the bite... Some honestly think that their school is " Organic " whatever the F$&K that is...

The major things come down to;
NC want to win this year and secure a few mill extra from OBU's etc to pay off the New multi story carpark...
TSC are on the pathway to World domination ... As stated on their website before changed and the moving on of Tight Head Lion... ( bloody good tennis player to from what I have heard).

The two mobs of Left footers will keep facing up as will the boys from North Parramatta... By the way, where are you CTPE? I miss you.
And Shore want the world to all hold hands and sing Koombayah...

But Vegas, please stop making sense....
Has anyone got a hyperbaric Chamber I could borrow for my headache? Marcus, Wade? Tim? BA? Jeremy?

T

Tight head Lion

Still here.

$cots domination maybe undermined if word ever reaches the ears of the NSWRU of some funny vitamin smoothies being whipped up in the Blackwatch Cafe. Heard it here first.

BTW. Guy Porter is an ex-prep boy. No import there.

Benched '84

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not sure that this has any bearing here but the girls over at Barker (yr 10,11&12) play their summer and winter sport all over the place, as no other CAS school has girls. I don't know how well it work but it does. Combining the associations is worth a look. Tradition is all well and good, untill outdated, then that's when new traditions start.

Theking12

Stan Wickham (3)
Not sure that this has any bearing here but the girls over at Barker (yr 10,11&12) play their summer and winter sport all over the place, as no other CAS school has girls. I don't know how well it work but it does. Combining the associations is worth a look. Tradition is all well and good, untill outdated, then that's when new traditions start.

Combining both cas GPS would be pointless due that if current tradition is continued at new and tsc they will continue to bring boys in. These team would play against lower cas schools and the fans would have nothing to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Status
Not open for further replies.