• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Re: 2009 Shute Shield

Funny how the Highlanders fans are all coming out of hiding now that their team has finally made it to the top half of the table.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

Bah, I played for Gordon as a junior rep many moons ago as I lived in the area, and I won't even support them! ;) Chatswood U-9s eh, Scarfy?

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)

Scarfman said:
I think that might make the Highlanders the most supported club on the forum? Only naza could possibly support Easts.

Clearley could'nt be Uni bassed on most of the posts.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

the gambler said:
Scarfman said:
I think that might make the Highlanders the most supported club on the forum? Only naza could possibly support Easts.

Clearley could'nt be Uni bassed on most of the posts.
They're just all very bitter, gambler, but I forgive them! ;)

R

rugbywhisperer

Probably every club has a thing about the 'gays' but geez, back in the day they did pull the better class of chics. There was no half lookers there, all class and style.
Anyhow, as you all know only too well, Eastwood is the premier club.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf

cyclopath said:
Bah, I played for Gordon as a junior rep many moons ago as I lived in the area, and I won't even support them! ;) Chatswood U-9s eh, Scarfy?

Yes, pedallist, and Lane Cove used to hand out the hidings IIRC.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

Scarfman said:
cyclopath said:

Yes, pedallist, and Lane Cove used to hand out the hidings IIRC.
I would love to take credit, but I didn't play U-9s - had to wait till U-10s to play rugby. Any Lane Cove hidings of Chatswood after that I will happily share credit for! ;)

louie

Desmond Connor (43)

tahu came on with twenty to go. if they didn't mention his name you wouldn't have known.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

louie said:
tahu came on with twenty to go. if they didn't mention his name you wouldn't have known.

Did you see his interview before the game?, I think Deans has absolutely flogged these guys this week, hardly any of the squad played this weekend.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)

fatprop said:
louie said:

Did you see his interview before the game?, I think Deans has absolutely flogged these guys this week, hardly any of the squad played this weekend.

yeah i did. looked like he was pretty rooted. not surprised. but would have loved to of seen him get a full game.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)

what a ripper of a game! good warm up for tonight
the greens where awesome. east lucky.
holies had a cracker

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member

Interesting match but the big game was on at Rat Park. It wasn't all gloom and doom yesterday for yours truly as the Rats beat the Blue Filth Manly by 23-7 - a score which flattered the visitors.

Manly did not compare with the team that beat the Rats in a hard even match on the Village green on Anzac Day. I said at the time that the Rats would have won that one at home, but Manly wouldn't have won yesterday's game at home.

However mention should be made of the efforts of Manly players: 5 Dylan Sigg, a candidate for a 5th Super team if I've ever seen one, 13 Tyrone Smith and skipper 7 Will Brame.

Once again 9 Brett Sheehan was the ringmaster for the Rats and kicked goals from everywhere despite the trumpet noise of a Filth fan on the hill. Unsportsmanlike - by contrast the well behaved Rats fans were sporting and even spent a lot of the game giving helpful hints to the referee.

13 Haig Sare was a danger the whole game and though his midfield partner, 12 Josh Holmes, was just a link on attack, his defence was tough all day. He's looking like a better 12 than a 9. 7 skipper Beau Robinson walked past me from the dressing shed and is looking more every year like a pig dog. More to the point: he played like one. Threw a lovely punch in retaliation too - a pair of yellows.

The Rats lineout was dynamite and club opponents must be sick of going against 5 Waratah Chris Thompson, who is playing well around the park too. 1 Pek Cowan is thriving at his home club but the Rats are short of THPs and I wonder why they they don't give him the 3 jersey at this level. Geez, he is busy around the park - a bit like Kepu in the minor game.

Quite a big crowd - ya gotta love club footie at the best viewing ground in the city.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)

Lee Grant said:
Interesting match but the big game was on at Rat Park.

Au contraire mon ami - THE game of the round had to be the one at the Colosseum of Sydney club rugby, aka Chatswood Oval. The sun beating down, hardening up the cricket pitch even further, the romantic sound of trains thundering by, wonderful steak sandwiches from those hard working Golden Oldies - and a smashing of North Sydney to boot. Even a couple of good handbag incidents, one of which led to a 5 minute on-field discussion between the three officials resulting in absolutely no action be taken. Marvellous!

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)

TheRiddler said:
the Colosseum of Sydney club rugby

Forgive me Scarfman for I have sinned. I have just read the Rules of the Forum and I notice that mention of a Colosseum is strictly frowned upon. Being new, I know not of the origin of this stipulation but stand ready to take my punishment.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member

not to worry Riddler, he's referring to another forum of internet trolls. Naza is their spokesman

Status
Not open for further replies.