• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2012 ins and outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
"James King" - yes he played for Easts in 2011 although I believe he came from Subbies (Briars, maybe) before playing for Wests.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
nasty rumour doing the rounds that both Salesi and Campese Ma'afu will be wearing the Two Blues jersey this year

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
My Rats spies have told me that they have lost quite a few players for this year.

Scott Bradley is in NZ
Salesi Manu in Perth
Dave Hart retired
Dan Barnard retired
Ed Doyle in USA
Tristan Stanley in Kalgoorlie
Mark Porpiglia work committments
Kennedy brothers back to league

Thats just guys who played 1s. Apparently too they have lost a few lower grade players. There depth was already thin in 2011, losing these blokes will hurt them even more.

Can any Warringah fan comment?

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)
Can someone inform me please if there is any player movement at Eastwood? I read in previous pages they have been recruiting heavily but couldn't work out who they have actually recruited?

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
My Rats spies have told me that they have lost quite a few players for this year.

Scott Bradley is in NZ
Salesi Manu in Perth
Dave Hart retired
Dan Barnard retired
Ed Doyle in USA
Tristan Stanley in Kalgoorlie
Mark Porpiglia work committments
Kennedy brothers back to league

Thats just guys who played 1s. Apparently too they have lost a few lower grade players. Their depth was already thin in 2011, losing these blokes will hurt them even more.

Can any Warringah fan comment?

Just adding another name to the list. Scott Fardy has been signed by the Brums, so it will be no Rats for him in 2012

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Speaking to him yesterday, he confirmed he is playing with Balmain.
Sydney Shute Shield teams may need to be careful, as there are several Subbies clubs with money to spend on players - especially those who have realised that they are not going to pick up Super contracts. Guys like Anaru Matthews (Balmain), Leo Afeaki (Drummoyne), Vinny Byrne & Greg Wade (Brothers) are going to set examples for other players to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.