• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2022

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Yep Manly are dying in the ass. Have enough wins though to be in the finals fight so who knows.

Warringah seem to really flying at the right end of the season.

What's going on with Eastwood? Will they get Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) back?

Gordon v Hunter going to be a cracker

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Yep Manly are dying in the ass. Have enough wins though to be in the finals fight so who knows.

Warringah seem to really flying at the right end of the season.

What's going on with Eastwood? Will they get Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) back?

Gordon v Hunter going to be a cracker
I actually would have said that Easts, Gordon and Randwick have more momentum than Warringah not that Warringah are going badly. It will be a great finals series. It does feel like Manly could lose their Top 4 spot and then be out first week or they could get Gleeson back and their whole dynamic might change.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Easts seem hot and cold at times but Wilson, Bowen look good together. I would agree about Gordon. Only thing holding me back fully is the fact they sit 8th on the ladder right now. Same points as 6th and could end up 4th depending on results. Rats in 4th at the moment with West Harbour next Saturday

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Easts seem hot and cold at times but Wilson, Bowen look good together. I would agree about Gordon. Only thing holding me back fully is the fact they sit 8th on the ladder right now. Same points as 6th and could end up 4th depending on results. Rats in 4th at the moment with West Harbour next Saturday
Easts are a very different team with Harris, Gamble, Holtz, Wilson and Bowen.

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
Both Norths and Uni seem to be well ahead of the pack,Uni in particular have bolstered their ranks over the past 2 weeks (will be interesting to see if Tolu Latu makes a guest appearance this week now he has signed) . The jury is out for me with easts ,would really like to see them with consistent form on turf grounds albeit they are the only team who has probably been able to train without ground closure over the past 6 weeks ,kudos to them. It will take a huge effort for any of the other teams to challenge the top 2.

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
Easts coming home with a wet sail and with plenty of Super Rugby players now in the team could be the dark horse. Agree that the turf fields will slow them down as they have been able to master the astro.
Norths and Uni the main contenders but anyone on their day in the top 8 can beat the other.
Makes for a cracking finals series.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Why is Reds Hooker playing at Randwick? Was he originally from Randwick and was he injury cover for 2022 at the Reds?