• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2022

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Why is Reds Hooker playing at Randwick? Was he originally from Randwick and was he injury cover for 2022 at the Reds?
moved south at start of year for work and a change of scenery then got called back by Reds due to heap of injured hookers. He then made his mark when he got his chance in the reds.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Does anyone have predictions for who they reckon is taking first grade, im a die hard Easties but from what i've seen and heard I think manly will win, good to see easts back in the 8 tho

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Does anyone have predictions for who they reckon is taking first grade, im a die hard Easties but from what i've seen and heard I think manly will win, good to see easts back in the 8 tho
Manly have lost 4 in a row with losses to Wests, Hunter, the Rats and Gordon. Unless there is an injection or rep players, I can't see them winning from here. Norths have been the most consistent team and are probably favourites. I think anyone in the Top 8 could win but it will be much harder from the bottom 4 needing to win 4 big games in a row.

wamberal99

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Early predictions:

Eastwood 15 v Easts 28
The game will be played at the Two Blues home ground (Eric Tweedale Stadium) way out in the western suburbs. Us Woodies are right at home there, its our neighbourhood. The posh private school types from the Far East will be dreading the trip.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
The game will be played at the Two Blues home ground (Eric Tweedale Stadium) way out in the western suburbs. Us Woodies are right at home there, its our neighbourhood. The posh private school types from the Far East will be dreading the trip.
Actual grass might make the allergies flare up?

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
Norths and Uni likely to earn a week off.
Can the Beasties do the same damage on a softer Eric Tweedale turf pitch over the faster astro Woollahra Oval?
Gordon to nudge the Rats who will miss Ben Woollett immensely.

wamberal99

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Can the Beasties do the same damage on a softer Eric Tweedale turf pitch over the faster astro Woollahra Oval?
If Charlie Gamble plays, YES. BTW the Woodies have lost two of their most important players, the captain Tom Murphy, and Cameron Boon. Our lineout will be in trouble. On the other hand, Easts look to be in trouble in the scrum. Eastwood leading at lemons 12 - 10.

Last edited:

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Not going to name names but a few shameful efforts by the Marlins on that game-winning Cameron try. Be hard to look your teammates in the eye after that.

How does Gleeson not start - what were they thinking???

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Manly should have deployed Gleeson earlier, hardly touched the ball. Ran through Norths to score with his first touch like they were a bunch of schoolboys.