• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2022

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
Great to see an even competition in the Shute Shield with Two Blues and West Harbour performing strongly.
Well done to NSW Rugby for investing in the west and for Darren Coleman's selection of Sailosi the Two Blues coach.
As strong Super Rugby provinces make the Wallabies better a strong and competitive Shute Shield will help the Waratahs.
The more NSW rugby ensure the talent is spread around the clubs the better for the competition.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
West Harbour could have done better against the Woodies, they did not really get into the game until it was too late. Meanwhile the Wildfires beat the Marlins!!!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Very scrappy win by the Woodies against Western Sydney. Lots of personnel changes. I really do not think we will see a Woodies premiership unless we manage to get our best side on the field and keep them there.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Eastwood look as likely as anyone. Perhaps Manly also have some claim to being the form team at the moment. Hopefully this very even comp will continue.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Eastwood look as likely as anyone. Perhaps Manly also have some claim to being the form team at the moment. Hopefully this very even comp will continue.

I think things will change a lot when the Super Rugby players are released to play club rugby.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Maybe although an Australia A series will reduce that impact.
Wallabies will use about 28-30 in their squad
Aust A will only soak up 25 to 30 players

If 5 super rugby outfits all have 33-35 players contracted = 175 players
take away the Aust teams above - 60 then there will be about 110-115 contracted players returning to clubland most in Sydney and Brisbane, I reckon.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Southern District looked likely to win for the first 30 minutes. Extraordinary end to the game, never seen anything like it!!

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Southern District looked likely to win for the first 30 minutes. Extraordinary end to the game, never seen anything like it!!
I know many people would like Club Rugby to be on free to air but how good is it that you can watch every premier club game live. It must be great to be able to follow your team even when you don’t live in Sydney.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Great to see an even competition in the Shute Shield with Two Blues and West Harbour performing strongly.
Well done to NSW Rugby for investing in the west and for Darren Coleman's selection of Sailosi the Two Blues coach.
As strong Super Rugby provinces make the Wallabies better a strong and competitive Shute Shield will help the Waratahs.
The more NSW rugby ensure the talent is spread around the clubs the better for the competition.
Yep and with two blues win over norths this weekend how good was that

Ref_Ted

Sydney Middleton (9)
It was a pretty interesting game. Dylan Sigg was the referee, good to see a former player blow the whistle. He had a pretty good game, I thought, which contributed to the drama!!!
All respect for Dylan. Great to see an athlete refereeing the game. Hoping he can cut through the politics and drama of getting to the next level.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Uni deserved to win. We tried to run through them, they took the easier option of running around us.

If I were being picky, I thought Uni backs came up awfully quickly (although I was not at the ground) and the team certainly gave a lot of penalties away in the "red zone" without getting yellowed.