• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SR2023 - NZ Derbies & v Drua/ Moana

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Much-improved CruSadists performance but the scrum is still a worry, Joe Moody got towelled up a few times & that just never used to happen 2-3 years ago.

Clan have a very long list of work-ons & will get better but hard to see them winning many this season.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That laser-flat 20+ metre left to right pass by DMac was a thing of beauty.

Edit: and that try was peak Beaugan-esque. I'm starting to not totally hate the idea of DMac in a black jersey with 10 on the back. Which is still a long way from being comfortable with the idea of DMac in a black jersey with 10 on the back but I'd no longer reflexively scoff at anyone who suggested it.

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Friday 10 March 5:05 pm AEDT – Chiefs v Highlanders at FMG Stadium, ad-free, live and on demand on Stan Sport

CHIEFS (1-15):
Aidan Ross, Samisoni Taukei'aho, John Ryan, Brodie Retallick, Tupou Vaa'i, Naitoa Ah Kuoi, Sam Cane (co-c), Luke Jacobson, Brad Weber (co-c), Damian McKenzie, Etene Nani-Seturo, Rameka Poihipi, Alex Nankivell, Emoni Narawa, Shaun Stevenson

RESERVES: Bradley Slater, Ollie Norris, George Dyer, Samipeni Finau, Pita Gus Sowakula, Cortez Ratima, Josh Ioane, Daniel Rona

HIGHLANDERS (1-15): Ethan de Groot, Rhys Marshall, Jermaine Ainsley, Paripari Parkinson, Josh Dickson, Shannon Frizell, James Lentjes (c), Hugh Renton, Aaron Smith, Mitch Hunt, Mosese Dawai, Thomas Umaga-Jensen, Josh Timu, Martin Bogado, Freddie Burns

RESERVES: Leni Apisai, Ayden Johnstone, Saula Mau, Fabian Holland, Sean Withy, Kemara Hauiti-Parapara, Fetuli Paea, Connor Garden-Bachop

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Crusaders: 1-Joe Moody, 2-Codie Taylor, 3-Tamaiti Williams, 4-Scott Barrett (c), 5-Sam Whitelock, 6-Ethan Blackadder, 7-Tom Christie, 8-Christian Lio-Willie, 9-Mitch Drummond, 10-Richie Mo'unga, 11-Leicester Fainga'anuku, 12-David Havili, 13-Jack Goodhue, 14-Sevu Reece, 15-Fergus Burke. Reserves: 16-Brodie McAlister, 17-Seb Calder, 18-Zach Gallagher, 19-Sioni Talitui, 20-Noah Holtham, 21-Braydon Ennor, 22-Macca Springer.

ScoBar making his 100th CruSadist appearance. Venue is Churchill Park in Lautoka so expect a rowdier crowd than if it were Suva.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Blues: 1-Joshua Fusitu’a, 2-Ricky Riccitelli, 3-James Lay, 4-Patrick Tuipulotu, 5-Cameron Suafoa, 6-Tom Robinson/Adrian Choat, 7-Dalton Papali'i, 8-Hoskins Sotutu, 9-Finlay Christie, 10-Beauden Barrett, 11-Caleb Clarke, 12-Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, 13-Rieko Ioane, 14-AJ Lam, 15-Stephen Perofeta. Reserves: 16-Kurt Eklund, 17-Alex Hodgman, 18-Nelp Laulala, 19-James Tucker, 20-Adrian Choat, 21-Taufa Funaki, 22-Bryce Heem, 23-Jacob Ratumaitavuki-Kneepkens

Hurricanes: 1-Xavier Numia, 2-Dane Coles, 3-Tyrel Lomax, 4-James Blackwell, 5-Isaia Walker-Leawere, 6-Devan Flanders, 7-Du'Plessis Kirifi, 8-Peter Lakai, 9-Cameron Roigard, 10-Brett Cameron, 11-Salesi Rayasi, 12-Jordie Barrett, 13-Billy Proctor, 14-Julian Savea, 15-Josh Moorby. Reserves: 16-Asafo Aumua, 17-Pouri Rakete-Stones, 18-Pasilio Tosi, 19-Caleb Delany, 20-TK Howden, 21-Jamie Booth, 22-Aidan Morgan, 23-Riley Higgins.

Anyone seen a Drua team?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Anyone seen a Drua team?
For some reason they seem to be out of the loop with regards to communicating this information, I'm not sure which end of the tin cans is responsible for this. It's annoying when doing my fantasy team and I have a bookmark to their site for this reason:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting to see how comfortable DMac is running the cutter in this team, mind you whole lot look like they understand what each other is going to do

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Clarkie perpetuating the myth that NZR somehow poachd Reece from Fiji. Came to NZ on an athletics scholarship IIRC.

Drua score & if Churchill Park had a roof the crowd would've just lifted it off.