• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SR2023 - NZ Derbies & v Drua/ Moana

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Suafua in trouble here, initially YC but wouldn't be surprised if it gets an upgrade. Soz @zer0

Edit: snap @Wilson

hahaha-no.gif

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sure have. I’m talking more about fans and the belief of x = ok, but y = worst person ever. But I’d rather not derail this thread further. Feel free to PM me if you’d like.

If you can't read between the lines I've already drawn there's no point in pursuing this either on the forum or by PM so I'll respectfully decline.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Bugger. Thought the Canes might actually pull that out of the bag.
TBF though - that ridiculous try with the very questionable grounding was...not a try.

I hoped it would be awarded because fuck the Blues, but I’d be pissed off if that had been given against a team I was cheering for.

Cracking game though - let’s see if QLD have anything to offer vs “QLD-B”

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Unreal! The Crusaders go down … great work Drua!!
That was definitely a Crusaders "B" team. Only a handful of recognisable faces. But it doesn't auger well for the next few years for the men in Red if those are the players coming through the system, and without Razor there to lead them.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
That was definitely a Crusaders "B" team. Only a handful of recognisable faces. But it doesn't augur well for the next few years for the men in Red if those are the players coming through the system, and without Razor there to lead them.
Maybe a so called ‘B’ team but in the past a Crusaders B team would still smoke anyone… they took the Fijians lightly and got done… rugby is the winner.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Maybe a so called ‘B’ team but in the past a Crusaders B team would still smoke anyone… they took the Fijians lightly and got done… rugby is the winner.
They have a number of All Blacks with compolsory resting requirements, so they were always going to have to let a few players sit out at some stage. It was hardly a team of nobodies either with the likes of Havili, Ennor, Reece, Barrett and Whitelock running around.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
They have a number of All Blacks with compolsory resting requirements, so they were always going to have to let a few players sit out at some stage. It was hardly a team of nobodies either with the likes of Havili, Ennor, Reece, Barrett and Whitelock running around.
Exactly!

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
In addition to the forced rest management, the Crusaders also have a front row injury crisis. Four of the six front rowers were on short-term contracts, with only the starting props being in the regular squad.

Not a solid basis upon which to try extrapolate their downfall imo.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
They only had Taylor and Mounga out that need to be managed, that was ne reason or excuse they were just poor for whatever reason.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
They only had Taylor and Mounga out that need to be managed, that was ne reason or excuse they were just poor for whatever reason.

I think you might be reading my post that wrong way. I was inferring that this was still a Crusaders team that should have been more than capable.

I haven't been following it close enough to know who they have to manage or not and who is just currently injured. Do the likes of Jordan? Newell , Goodhue need standing down? Though I believe they're all injured atm anyway? .. and I assume Moody is out injured atm?

I mean, who did they maybe leave at home besides the two AllBlacks. Drummrond.. Fainga'anuku... Blackadder?... Crusaders have always cycled through players throughout their seasons. Their depth is maybe not quiet as good as the last couple of years when you had people like Ala'alatoa, Hunt, Romano etc.. to call on.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep, molman ,I wrote it a bit wrong, I was agreeing with you, and trying to reinforce why I thought you were correct

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
In addition to the forced rest management, the Crusaders also have a front row injury crisis. Four of the six front rowers were on short-term contracts, with only the starting props being in the regular squad.

Not a solid basis upon which to try extrapolate their downfall imo.

Newell (foot) & Dunshea (chest) both need surgery & are gone for the season. Grace (collarbone) expected back in six weeks, Havili (arm) still being assessed as are Goodhue (groin), Bell ("turf toe") & Jordan (migraine-related issue). That's six or arguably seven best-23 players.