• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SR2023 - NZ Derbies & v Drua/ Moana

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Meanwhile in Tribe country AL-B (ankle) is probably a month away from returning & Vai'i (low-grade MCL) will miss this week & possibly next. They need to rest Lurch soon so maybe Selby-Rickett gets a run?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Meanwhile in Tribe country AL-B (ankle) is probably a month away from returning & Vai'i (low-grade MCL) will miss this week & possibly next. They need to rest Lurch soon so maybe Selby-Rickett gets a run?
No problem. I suggest lurch rests next week, so he doesn't have the further issue of plane travel to Sydney to deal with.;)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Round 5:

Saturday 25th 2:35 AEDT Highlanders v Drua
Saturday 25th 5:05 Moana Pasifika v Hurricanes
Geez I had to check WOB, then saw it was AEDT, as I got a 1st XV preseason game to attend on 25th, second preseason game of Hawera boys, they also played local U21s last Thursday (annual hit out)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Canes team for game against MP (Moana Pasifika)
1. Xavier Numia
2. Asafo Aumua **
3. Owen Franks
4. Dominic Bird
5. Isaia Walker-Leawere
6. Devan Flanders
7. Peter Lakai
8. Ardie Savea ©
9. Cameron Roigard
10. Brett Cameron
11. Salesi Rayasi
12. Billy Proctor
13. Bailyn Sullivan
14. Kini Naholo
15. Josh Moorby

Reserves
16. Hame Faiva *
17. Tevita Mafileo
18. Pasilio Tosi
19. TK Howden
20. Brayden Iose
21. Jamie Booth
22. Riley Hohepa *
23. Julian Savea

Obviously resting a few players through protocols, and some needing a break, still looks a decent line up to me. Quite happy seeing Lakai at 7, and still a pretty handy midfield without Jordie in attendance.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Moana Pasifika team
  1. Abraham Pole
  2. Samiuela Moli
  3. Suetena Asomua
  4. Samuel Slade
  5. Mike McKee
  6. Solomone Funaki
  7. Alamanda Motuga
  8. Lotu Inisi
  9. Ereatara Enari
  10. Christian Lealiifano
  11. Anzelo Tuitavuki
  12. Henry Taefu
  13. Levi Aumua
  14. Tima Fainga’anuku
  15. William Havili
  16. Ray Niuia
  17. Ezekiel Lindnemuth
  18. Chris Apoua
  19. Potu Leavasa
  20. Miracle Faiilagi
  21. Manu Paea
  22. D’Angelo Leuila
  23. Fine Inisi
Hope the Canes remember what happened last year and are awake!!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Drua beat the Cantabs in Fiji..... then go on the road and go behind 28-7 after 33 mins to the Landers C team.

Rob Valetini's 1st 5 bro makes his debut at 28 years old..... and ignominously gets the hook after just 32 minutes. Oh dear. Poor bugger.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Clan lost another 4 players (both midfielders) between naming team and taking field, at least one in warm up, have lost one more midfielder and looks PPP maybe gone at oranges.
Dermody has to stop kicking cats!!!!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
TL/DR (Dave Rennie) (??)

giphy.gif

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez 57-24, I take my hat off to the Clan, with those injuries and even having to finish with 14 because they ran out of players. That was pretty impressive.

Not even going to tell anyone who had Drua in his picks either! :D

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Geez 57-24, I take my hat off to the Clan, with those injuries and even having to finish with 14 because they ran out of players. That was pretty impressive.

Not even going to tell anyone who had Drua in his picks either! :D
Well there goes my tipping! Beat the Crusaders one week, get crushed by the Clan the next. Analysing previous results seems absolutely pointless when tipping Super Rugby! Should I just throw a dice instead?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well there goes my tipping! Beat the Crusaders one week, get crushed by the Clan the next. Analysing previous results seems absolutely pointless when tipping Super Rugby! Should I just throw a dice instead?
Yep Hawko, I wondering if that could well be the answer! How is a man meant to do it otherwise the bloody teams aren't playing ball with consistent results!:mad:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well anyway , geez I enjoyed the Canes performance. Thought MP (Moana Pasifika) were pretty crap, but by same token Canes were bloody good. Resting Jordie Barrett and Billy Proctor who has been good all year looked great at 12 , I have a feeling Canes are finally getting some real depth, Cameron looking good at 10 (he's back in proper territory (not at Crusaders, he a Whanganui boy). Cam Roigard at 9 has got AB written all over him.
Biggest improvement is in forwards where we got tighties that can compete, and loose forward depth is bloody good. Give Kirifi at 7 or Ardie at 8 a rest and Lakai a 19yo kid cames in and really looks f***en good, Flanders at 6 , Iose, Delaney lock/6 it just feels good. Not saying we will win the comp, but I know we can compete with any team. The mark of teams (in my opinion) is there depth and not needing to rely on a few players.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Obviously the Chiefs/Blues is the big one this weekend, in NZ anyway. Brumbies/Tahs will be biggest of Aus derbies, and I will be watching MP (Moana Pasifika)/Clan with interest to see if MP (Moana Pasifika) do a bounce back.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlanders: 1-Ethan de Groot, 2-Leni Apisai, 3-Jermaine Ainsley, 4-Pari Pari Parkinson, 5-Josh Dickson, 6-Sean Withy, 7-Billy Harmon (C), 8-Hugh Renton, 9-Aaron Smith, 10-Mitch Hunt, 11-Jonah Lowe, 12-Thomas Umaga-Jensen, 13-Fetuli Paea, 14-Connor Garden-Bachop, 15-Sam Gilbert. Reserves: 16-Andrew Makalio, 17-Daniel Lienert-Brown, 18-Saula Ma’u, 19-Max Hicks, 20-Shannon Frizell, 21-Folau Fakatava, 22-Cameron Millar, 23-Marino Mikaele Tu'u

Most of the players & some of the management have shaved their heads in support of Josh Dickson's younger brother who has recently been diagnosed with cancer.

Last edited: