• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Subbies 2023!

Never Was Been

Bob McCowan (2)
Apart from being super touchy when they were behind and then some average banter after the late comeback, the main thing was they just didn't have anyone hang around for speeches. It's not that far of a drive back up the M2 and with the amount of supporters and players they had hanging around at the ground it's pretty poor form not to turn up for the boatrace. Which is by far the most important competition of the day.
Sounds like they were just giving UNSW a taste of their own medicine

Let it sing

Stan Wickham (3)
No animosity from me towards any team. I think Forest have done well this year to bounce back from a disappointing year last year.
I am really enjoying this competition. As you said close across the board from 1st to 9th. Really could have anyone winning it this year.

A couple of shocks in the other divisions though;
- Beecroft losing their first of the season
- Lindfield being ungracious winners. Hope they keep this energy next year when they come back to the top grade.
Interesting take on Lindfield Eastcost. Any examples you can provide? I’ve watched a fair chunk of their games this year and have only seen the players celebrating some great rugby and wins. Certainly nothing ungracious

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Interesting take on Lindfield Eastcost. Any examples you can provide? I’ve watched a fair chunk of their games this year and have only seen the players celebrating some great rugby and wins. Certainly nothing ungracious
Was initially from the Glove mans post having a shot at UNSW after what seemed a close game in 1's? Unsure if there was some tension on the sidelines which warranted the comment.
Although given the amount of responses, others seem to think the same.

Never Was Been

Bob McCowan (2)
Was initially from the Glove mans post having a shot at UNSW after what seemed a close game in 1's? Unsure if there was some tension on the sidelines which warranted the comment.
Lol so you just judged the whole club based on one goon’s excitable comments

Let it sing

Stan Wickham (3)
If it’s based on that comment then in my opinion you’re off the mark. I’m not sure if you have watched the 1st grade game but UNSW had an opportunity to win the game in the 79th minute with a shot from the sideline. It hit the post and Lindfield managed to kick into touch and celebrated a come from behind win.

Any club would be rightfully stoked to secure a win like that were they weren’t playing anywhere near their best

TheBigArvo

Sydney Middleton (9)
Why is it always the successful clubs that people think are bad winners. Any club in the competition would kill to be on a roll like Lindfield is. They’ve lost 4 games across the entire club so far this year and until 1st Grade on the weekend Uni barely got a point on them, same the week before vs Epping.

TheBigArvo

Sydney Middleton (9)
If it’s based on that comment then in my opinion you’re off the mark. I’m not sure if you have watched the 1st grade game but UNSW had an opportunity to win the game in the 79th minute with a shot from the sideline. It hit the post and Lindfield managed to kick into touch and celebrated a come from behind win.

Any club would be rightfully stoked to secure a win like that were they weren’t playing anywhere near their best
Surely has to be concerning for Uni blowing another close game after dropping the opportunity to steal the Barraclough last year from Newport when the winger dropped the ball with the line wide open. Would hate to have that hanging over you going into finals.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Surely has to be concerning for Uni blowing another close game after dropping the opportunity to steal the Barraclough last year from Newport when the winger dropped the ball with the line wide open. Would hate to have that hanging over you going into finals.

Motivation is what you make it.

oldmate11

Herbert Moran (7)
Div 3 Round 9 Review

The winners

Knox
- Comprehensive sweep against Iggies highlighting the improvement the club has achieved over the course of this year. Vital games against Harlequins and Old Barker over the next two weeks. Winning those should seal finals footy.

Sydney Harbour - Easy win for Harbour against Manly Savers. The Beecroft loss opens the door for them to return to the top of the table if they can knock them off in a couple of rounds

Sydney Harlequins - Upset of the year! Late intercept wins the game against the competition favourites. If they can keep the momentum of that win for the back end of the season, they'll have a good shot at finals.

The losers

Old Ignatians
- Poor loss at home that all but ends their season this year. Regressing hard after the break.

Manly Savers - Will eye Iggies at home next week as their last realistic shot at grabbing a win this year. Good luck to them.

Beecroft - Shock loss for the crofties, losing their heads in the final moments. Team sheet shows a pretty undermanned lineup in this game, maybe due to the travel? Nevertheless, they have the bye to reset before a main event clash against Sydney Harbour. Plenty of positives out of this week to dwell on. 2nds with a good win to extend 1st place and colts knocking off an undefeated Easts outfit as well.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Div 4 Predictions:

Chatswood v Saints - not sure what the Staggies will bring after having to foreit 2s last week. Reckon the Saints can nab this one.

Merrylands v Rockdale - Wolves to win at home, but this will be keenly watched by a few teams to see what the new guys bring to Holroyd.

Irish v Raptors - long drive to play on plastic. Irish comfortably.

Mac Uni v Wakehurst- the Beacons will hold the ball better this week and win a close one.

Redfield v Renegades - has been a bit up and down for ROBRs. Got outmuscled against Merrylands and hopefully the same this week ;) they will be better at home so this could go either way.