• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Subbies 2023!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
hearing Epping may have picked up a few from the rubble

Some good players at HAC last year that would bolster any squad. I would have thought Valley was an easier option if they were locals, but quite often they aren't.

Waterloo_Ned

Herbert Moran (7)
Some good players at HAC last year that would bolster any squad. I would have thought Valley was an easier option if they were locals, but quite often they aren't.

HAC and Valley are rivals. I once heard a HAC player engraved 'I hate valley' into their skin after a win a few years ago. When Ryan James transferred a few years ago it only fuelled the fire.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
HAC and Valley are rivals. I once heard a HAC player engraved 'I hate valley' into their skin after a win a few years ago. When Ryan James transferred a few years ago it only fuelled the fire.

I get that, but not every player last year was there for the history of that I understand. Nor do some of them care.

The Waverley Walrus

Bob McCowan (2)
8174A8F3-A9F9-415E-A2EC-3A351E05C691.jpeg

Hello I’ve returned to warmer waters.

when can we expect a draw from subbies? Can someone get their snouts out of the trough

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Hearing half of subbies are planning on months long european holidays this season after a 3 year Covid break. I'd say this will be more impactful on clubs with partciualry young player profiles. Im thinking Lindfield, BOBs, Newport, whats left of Knobs.

Waterloo_Ned

Herbert Moran (7)
Hearing half of subbies are planning on months long european holidays this season after a 3 year Covid break. I'd say this will be more impactful on clubs with partciualry young player profiles. Im thinking Lindfield, BOBs, Newport, whats left of Knobs.

Heavyd, I heard off a few of your 2nd graders that Newport have had a huge number of players and coaches indicate they won't be back this year.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Heavyd, I heard off a few of your 2nd graders that Newport have had a huge number of players and coaches indicate they won't be back this year.

Lets wait and see as Newport are always competitive and preseason doesnt start for a few weeks. I know the Avalon Bulldogs league team have a team again this year after a few years of not being able to field one which will suck a few away as they play in a local comp and every Newport away game is a massive hike for players.

Dont write them off just yet!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I know the Avalon Bulldogs league team have a team again this year after a few years of not being able to field one which will suck a few away as they play in a local comp and every Newport away game is a massive hike for players.

We have the same out here with a few guys going back to league. They loved the social aspect of rugby but when guys are getting $200+ per game and not having to fork out as much petrol money, it is pretty compelling.

SubbiesVeteran

Herbert Moran (7)
be nice if Subbies ever decided to let clubs know about division make up

inside sources tell me Div 2 - 7 Teams (4+Colts) Div 3 - 7 Teams ( 3+Colts) and Div 4 14 Teams 2 Grades

You’d have to say the board is out of touch. Gone if the days of Division 2 being 4 and colts. When last years club champs are only advertising coaching appointments for 3 grades and colts what does that tell you

times have changed 3 and colts for Div 2, 3 Grades with Optional Radford colts in Div 3