• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2012 Final - Waikato Chiefs vs Kwa-Zulu Natal Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Could have been a costly kick out on the full there by Lambie, lucky for him Chiefs couldn't throw straight, still close to their own 22 though.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Back on line after a glorious day watching grass roots footy in Olde Sydney Towne. 21 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Perfect.

Raining in Hamilton. Shame.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Nice little chip by Cruden in the lead up to the try, SBW really exploited the gap in the defence. Nani Williams did well to get over, backed himself rather than using the overlap so he really had to make it.

J

Jiggles

Chiefs held the shorks pressure then scored with their first real chance. If the chiefs can score again in the next 10 I'd say thats the ball game

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think you may be right on the money Mr Jiggles.

Nice dive over the advertising hoardings from Nanai Williams.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Sharks fielding of kicks has been surprisingly poor. Lambie hasn't had a good game so far.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Pietersen has been one of the Sharks best players so far, think he might spark something for them, he's looked really sharp and is coming up for possible intercepts.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Even the Sharks driving maul there looked a little half hearted. There's a little off the pace at the moment. But I get the feeling they just need 1 little piece of luck to spark them into life.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We are now in the magic 10 minutes before 1/2 time. Points in this period are generally worth double due to their impact on morale. Next try scorer will be in the box seat.

Soft penalty there.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Sharks need one hell of a half time talk to inspire them for the 2nd 40. It's only 10 points in it, but the way they played in the first half it would be enough if they don't raise their performance. An early try for them and the game could really come to life. As a neutral that's what I'm hoping for as it hasn't been very exciting so far.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The half time stats are well in Chiefs favour. In fact they should be much further ahead.

J

Jiggles

If the sharks were fresh I would say they could do it, Bardon. But after flying to Australia and blowing the Reds off the park, then going back to the republic and stepping up a gear for the stormers, then flying back to NZ via sydney, I just think the tank is empty.

A perfect example as to why this competition is so tough - you need to be getting wins from week 1 or else you won't get home field advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.