• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2017: matches not involving Australian teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upthenuts

Dave Cowper (27)
It's not just the amazing standard of the landers v crusaders game. It's the fact that 10,000 students are going nuts there. An obvious template for oz rugby administrators to study if they are going to properly
Promote the game.
yea plus dunedin has the best ground in nz for watchonig rugby, small full grounds make for better games too

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Can someone please tell Tamanivaku to carry the ball in TWO FUCKIN' HANDS, not good for my heart condition this ball in one hand shit, even if he does score for 30-27 into the last (official) minute. Win the restart & KICK THE MOFO OUT!

Mission accomplished, not quite sure how we got out've jail there.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
It's not just the amazing standard of the landers v crusaders game. It's the fact that 10,000 students are going nuts there. An obvious template for oz rugby administrators to study if they are going to properly
Promote the game.
I disagree some what. Handling was crap often, too many pushed passes, even defence was not 100%. Great game to watch but was not an 'amazing standard' in my eyes - Just exciting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N

NTT

Stunning comeback by the Crusaders. A very entertaining game of rugby. The mistakes were there but they didn't bog the game down like it does to Aussie teams, both teams just went for it when they had the pill.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Commentators were TJ, Goldie and JK,
Good to have Kirwan in the booth so TJ couldnt make his rapid gibbon-like feces-flinging deposits into the massive, massive Anti-Blues sperm bank he carts along to every fucking game.

Re: Cantabs vs Highlanders, Evil Empire crushed them. Steamrollered. Holy shit what a game though. Intense. HLDers ran out of puff and brain cells. Sopoaga with a space cadet outing though. Stuck in a breathless and brainless 5th gear. Highlanders with 4 errors and THREE are by Fekitoa? Jesus, just drop him, he’s where movements go to die (except that offload to naholo for the try) then he gets himself a YC just as the Death Star is slingshotting around for its final orbit approach of ultimate and certain death? GTFO.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Promote the game.

I'm not sure it could be replicated. Dunedin has a total population of ~125K of which ~20K are Uni of Otago students, plus there's the Polytechnic (NZ equivalent of TAFE) and Teacher's and Nurse's training centres (I recall there being talk of merging those into the Polytechnic, not sure if that happened). It's a student town like no other.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Re: Cantabs vs Highlanders, Evil Empire crushed them. Steamrollered. Holy shit what a game though. Intense. HLDers ran out of puff and brain cells. Sopoaga with a space cadet outing though. Stuck in a breathless and brainless 5th gear. Highlanders with 4 errors and THREE are by Fekitoa? Jesus, just drop him, he’s where movements go to die (except that offload to naholo for the try) then he gets himself a YC just as the Death Star is slingshotting around for its final orbit approach of ultimate and certain death? GTFO.

Latest chatter is that this was an initial test-firing with another scheduled for BrisVegas next Saturday night prior to becoming fully operational at AMI on Saint Paddy's night :)

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Latest chatter is that this was an initial test-firing with another scheduled for BrisVegas next Saturday night prior to becoming fully operational at AMI on Saint Paddy's night :)

hahahaha....hahahahaha.............hahahahaha..........haha.........ha............oh god someone help us pls grab the lube

Status
Not open for further replies.