• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2023 Rd 1 - Reds v Hurricanes

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Think I heard a crowd announcer say 8 thousand and something. If that’s the case very disappointing to be below 10,000 when not competing with the Cowboys

Marce

John Thornett (49)
A few observations / questions - why is a NZ team finishing full of running in NQ when the Reds have had an off season in Qld summer and look out in their feet?
Interesting POV. It suppose the Kiwis would be struggle in hot North QLD but the Reds looked like the foreigners tonight lol

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
Reds matched them in the backs... shame the tight 5 got walked all over.... cant do much when you are back peddling. Daugunu, Petaia, Flook all looked real good. Lyngah looks real promising too! Paisami also played well...

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Good luck Eddy! Plenty of work ahead … not sure if he was impressed with much of that?
There are still some diamonds in that rough.

... and it's looking positive for the future with players like Tom Lynagh, Max Jorgensen etc.. coming through.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
There are still some diamonds in that rough.

... and it's looking positive for the future with players like Tom Lynagh, Max Jorgensen etc.. coming through.
The tight-five is the real deal here. That's where Kiwis usually beat the Aussies like tonight

Graham Welsh

Bob McCowan (2)
Shake my head, long season for Thorn and the boys, I am not convinced he can beat a NZ team, what a disaster, lets stop bringing excuses and except we do not have the cattle off the bench to be competitive.

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Is there pressure on thorn do we think? To keep his coaching spot?
Regime change all but certain imo. Their ceiling is scraping into an 8/12 finals - Brumbs still better and Tahs gone past them.

Would need to somehow win a final to justify an extension - be a brave man to tip that up

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I couldn't watch the first half. It was similar to the second half? It is worth a look?