• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2023 Rd 2: Force v Reds, Sun 5th Mar

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I get it, you’re upset your team is losing and you’re lashing out.
No. I'm calling out unsportsmanlike conduct as many did in the Canes v Rebels. I think deliberately mocking an opponent is worse.and a much more low act and display of character. No one thought Ardie was really going to kill someone. He did what he did in the heat of battle. Vuni chose to do what he did.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
No. I'm calling out unsportsmanlike conduct as many did in the Canes v Rebels. I think deliberately mocking an opponent is worse.and a much more low act and display of character. No one thought Ardie was really going to kill someone. He did what he did in the heat of battle. Vuni chose to do what he did.
He was taking the piss out of himself, not the Force...

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Can you explain why you think he was mocking the Force? If he had no history of hammy issues yes, he would be absolutely mocking the Force but he does have a history so he's taking the piss with himself.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well done Reds. Fixed that for and against up a little.

But I can't get too excited. With all due respect the Force were diabolical and also short staffed for a fair time.

Brumbies in Canberra mark the true test of their bounce back.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Great win from the Reds - nice way to steady the ship after last week’s efforts.

Some observations:
- Lynagh is that guy
- Jordy can absolutely play 15
- Flook is a real threat
- JOC (James O'Connor) isn’t done yet
- Wright is solidifying himself as a quiet achiever and a massively positive influence within the group
- McReight and Wilson are giving Eddie something to think about

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Can you explain why you think he was mocking the Force? If he had no history of hammy issues yes, he would be absolutely mocking the Force but he does have a history so he's taking the piss with himself.
Does he have to???

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Was always going to be a tough ask with the reds having so many good players but I’m filled with confidence for the Wallabies this year after a great weekend of rugby
Reds looked pretty fucken shite last weekend. If I was a Force fan I'd be pretty pissed with a performance like this.

Didn't Twiggy spout some shit about making the Force as good as the kiwi sides?

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I'll finish by saying well done the Reds. The better team on the day. I didn't like the look around the Vuni try as others didn't around the Ardie gesture. Each to their own. On to next week.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Reds looked pretty fucken shite last weekend. If I was a Force fan I'd be pretty pissed with a performance like this.

Didn't Twiggy spout some shit about making the Force as good as the kiwi sides?
Won’t happen for a few years at least. They have got some good kids signed that aren’t ready so they have a few seasons of being the halfway house before you go overseas but still want to qualify

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I'll finish by saying well done the Reds. The better team on the day. I didn't like the look around the Vuni try as others didn't around the Ardie gesture. Each to their own. On to next week.

Ah well, let's start at the start.

Thanks.

BTW My second team is the Force and we aint done yet.