• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2023 Rd 2: Force v Reds, Sun 5th Mar

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm sorry for JOC (James O'Connor) but I quite like Lynagh Junior, he has a high rugby IQ. He takes very good decisions on field. He's the future and with that HUGE surname you can't not like him. He needs to follow the Tahs fitness program in order to gain some kilos

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Watch the replay bro. One of the biggest and most obvious troll jobs you'll see
I just have trouble imagining someone would do that in a game
- basically that means he allowed Anstee to have a shot at him.

If he did do it deliberately then good luck to him. I always appreciate someone who can have a laugh at their own expense.

Joke is done now though - please don’t ever do it again. :)

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
Is it the end of Vunivalu's World Cup dream? The lad is too prone to injuries. At the wing you need an explosive speedster. If he was a playmaker like Sexton in Ireland, OK but Eddie needs explosiveness from him

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
I don’t think anyone’s World Cup dream is dead at round 2.
Eddie only have 5 games before World Cup. I don't think there are too much time to test him with all the concern about the recent injury crisis in Wallabies camp

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I don’t think anyone’s World Cup dream is dead at round 2.

If Rennie still had the reigns, I imagine Vunivalu's (and likely Wilson's) would have been over before Round 1.

Eddie opens the door, but Vuni still has a lot of work to do. The Wallabies outside back depth is good already.

Reactions: TSR

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Largely irrelevant to the result here but it was great to see both Lynagh and O'Connor nailing their kicks. Only one missed conversion all night - Lynagh for Wilson's try in the corner. We really suffered last year with O'Connor kicking well below his standard so having one less thing to worry about is great. I particularly like the way Lynagh strikes the ball, looks like he's got the power and accuracy to be hitting long range penalties.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Lynagh kicks like it's a natural movement he's done for a long time. A lot of others still look like they are focusing on the mechanics. The other kicker that has been nailing them is Lonergan. He hits them sweet and straight. Whilst I don't think he's our best Half Back he's very consistent and the kicking is an asset that could see him end up the no.2 half back but likely the 3rd.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
If Rennie still had the reigns, I imagine Vunivalu's (and likely Wilson's) would have been over before Round 1.

Eddie opens the door, but Vuni still has a lot of work to do. The Wallabies outside back depth is good already.

Add in Toole and Jorgensen, and it's only getting tougher.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Quite surprised by Lynagh's acceleration when he took off a couple of times this week, looking forward to see what else he adds over the season

Reactions: gel

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
The Fijians seem to just keep growing. Complete freaks.

I really hope the Reds didn't set out to bulk him up from what he was at the Storm. He was doing fine in what is a far more abrasive position physically in League.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Eddie only have 5 games before World Cup. I don't think there are too much time to test him with all the concern about the recent injury crisis in Wallabies camp
Sure - and he has a big mountain to climb. But you asked if his dream was over. If you listen to Jones he is clearly prepared to try and keep Vunivalu engaged.

Doesn’t mean he has any less to do than he did a month ago, but it appears very clear the door is still open.