• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU 2021 -Rd 4 - Force v Rebels - Fri 12/3

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
How does RHP get the same sanction as Ala'alatoa? The hit on Pone left him concussed and not able to continue in the game

I can see both sides of this argument; do you set the punishment by the offence, or by the result of the offence, or by the force (you know..... the vibe)? Personally, I lean towards the first, even if it doesn't look as fair. The two other options would open a can of worms with the penalties too open to interpretation.

Unless someone can come up with a way of measuring the force, e.g. shoulder contact direct to the head with 900N of force = 3 weeks o_O .

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
I can see both sides of this argument; do you set the punishment by the offence, or by the result of the offence, or by the force (you know... the vibe)? Personally, I lean towards the first, even if it doesn't look as fair. The two other options would open a can of worms with the penalties too open to interpretation.

Unless someone can come up with a way of measuring the force, e.g. shoulder contact direct to the head with 900N of force = 3 weeks o_O .
Look it’s a grey area I grew up predominantly watching AFL and force always plays a big role. It’s not something I have always liked but it’s also something I am use to

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
And what scientific method are you using to calculate that?

The result of one incident is not a definitive indicator that the level of force applied was any different....

Hence:

And you’re not going to receive a different answer.
But there are further ways you can differentiate them one is directly to the head the other isn’t. I just think 3 weeks for a tackle where there was next to no head contact it too much. Not for one second do I believe Ala'alatoa’ shut was anything but accidentally and I am not for one second trying to paint the picture he is a dirty player or a thug. As it was an accident on his part

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
That game hurt.

Really struggling to articulate how I feel afterwards.

Very difficult when you miss touch or cannot secure your own lineout ball. Massive momentum killers.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
But there are further ways you can differentiate them one is directly to the head the other isn’t. I just think 3 weeks for a tackle where there was next to no head contact it too much. Not for one second do I believe Ala'alatoa’ shut was anything but accidentally and I am not for one second trying to paint the picture he is a dirty player or a thug. As it was an accident on his part

This where me and you differ, I dont believe in a second that RHP shot was anything but on the chin, it hit him in the chops first, thats how the ref saw it, the TMO saw it and I believe most others saw it. I wont get into it much more then that. I said it through the game, if you contact the head its an auto red card auto 6 weeks. Someone else should have gone later as well. Its a hard line to try and get the players to not contact the head, it will sort itself out at some point.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
That game hurt.

Really struggling to articulate how I feel afterwards.

Very difficult when you miss touch or cannot secure your own lineout ball. Massive momentum killers.

That kind of goes for both teams, line outs were rubbish all night. Commentary saying it was perfect conditions when it looked a bit humid and slippery compared to perfect.

I actually think this game is a example of why taking 3 points is vital at times, both teams could have easily has a extra 12 points on there scores of turned down shots on goal.