• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU 2021 -Rd 4 - Force v Rebels - Fri 12/3

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah I was thinking about that, these 7s boys are better quality than I gave them credit for.
Can’t help but think after anstee’s last game he would have been interesting to see him play tonight as nothing better then player in form and he was outstanding last week and game changer for two critical tries that won the game for the force

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Should be a few players back next week as well. Perhaps with a lot of home games remaining the Rebels can challenge this season. Their defense is amazing

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
How good is marika as he is on another level so far this season - hence please RA/Rebels pull out all stops to keep him as he is a player to put bums on seats or eyes on screen

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Commiserations to the Force. You guys deserve a win in front of the sea of blue. You have some quality, your hooker is great fun to watch. Missed Antsee out there tonight and didn't get enough ball to Pulu. Where was Miotti? Is he injured? Why doesn't Sampson rate him? McIntyre is sloppy.

Pretty pleased the Rebels finally got up after so long on the road and as Wessels said no: Naisarani, DHP, Wilkin, Leota, Uelese, Orr, Gibbon, Magnay, Skelton and no Holland. 10 players who half would be starting players.

Wessels has done well with his budget finds in Pincus & Anderson. Guess they can grow well if surrounded by 3 Wallabies.

Eloff was great but MoTM was clearly Koroibete, heart & soul of the team and will literally turn the game around for you.
You make a great point that there has been astute recruiting by the rebels

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Almost certain to be gone for three.

Do we have any props left? Kailea's arm was hanging like a salami after the game, he'd have to be a pretty slim chance to get back by next week. His injury did come at a good time for us though. And how good is Cabous? I love that bloke :D

Albert Anae.

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
giphy.gif

Nice interchange by Pincus & Koroibete to nearly kill the ref.

"Fending off" the referee does that count as a tackle break?

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Really enjoyed that game (just watched the ondemand ver). Both teams have a lot of cleaning up to do and The Force really need to get their heads around treasuring pocession. I'm not sold on Jake but I think you need to give him another game or two to sort himself out. Is Jonno injured atm?... I didn't really follow where he's at? I feel like both these teams are well off their best if they can put it all together.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Pretty impressive defensive effort by the Force forwards in the first half. Have not watched the second stanza, probably will not bother, other than maybe trying to locate Koroibete's highlights. He is always worth watching.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
To me with great understanding today of impact of head injury’s the current ref card rules definitely correct as players in modern day with this understanding and much greater power / strength then say 50 years ago - this is needed. But my view on current trial of 20 minute replacement rule for red cards is prefer not - to keep players in check for critical player safety in modern game red card should be player not replaced period!!!!!

I would have two different rules at the same time.

Any red card offence that can be deemed as just a mistake, eg attempting a tackle without any malice and making contact with the head is a red card with a 20 minute replacement. A deliberate wilful act of violence like an eye gouge, pushing a ref, deliberate swinging arm to the head et is a Red card with no replacement.

Maybe the simple way would be that a 6 week offence or less gets replaced after 20minutes