• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU 2021 -Rd 4 - Force v Rebels - Fri 12/3

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
In the NFL when they need rule confirmation they beam off to New York to have the play adjudicated upon by a committee of NFL experts, lawyers and Supreme Court Justices.

In rugby it's some trembling young woman standing on the sideline earnestly thumbing through a tinpot little rugby rule book.

Dismal Pillock I was thinking at the time need a rule book on laptop so you can CTRL+F "lights out."

dru

Tim Horan (67)
In the NFL when they need rule confirmation they beam off to New York to have the play adjudicated upon by a committee of NFL experts, lawyers and Supreme Court Justices.

In rugby it's some trembling young woman standing on the sideline earnestly thumbing through a tinpot little rugby rule book.

Hahaha!

<true>

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Fuck that was shit force was handed everything dubious red card followed by then missing a clear high shot on Hardwick

Hardwick was pushing his ruck luck all game, and as he got tired it was getting pretty horrendous, in terms of not legal.

I agree the RC was dubious, though no doubt the strict rule of the law it was spot on. Bit crazy in normal speed all the same. Still Hardwick could have been carded himself if things had been better policed around the ruck.

Just take the game as it presents itself. Tough, ugly, and a win for Rebels.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Just take the game as it presents itself. Tough, ugly, and a win for Rebels.

Oh you better believe I will take it. Over the moon with that. Could've easily lost it and been 0 & 3. Actually scored a couple tries and we're right in it. Very happy.

Reactions: dru

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
RHP red carded for high shot I would imagine that would mean he is likely to receive a suspension. What are other people's thoughts?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
RHP red carded for high shot I would imagine that would mean he is likely to receive a suspension. What are other people's thoughts?
My thoughts was it was high.. and you gotta go will get 6 reduced if pled guilty and has a clean record

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)

Almost certain to be gone for three.

Do we have any props left? Kailea's arm was hanging like a salami after the game, he'd have to be a pretty slim chance to get back by next week. His injury did come at a good time for us though... And how good is Cabous? I love that bloke :D

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think we need to just accept this current red card ruling, contact to the head with a shoulder is a red card. Nothing dubious about it.

How each incident is judged and the players are suspended etc. is probably up for debate, but the ruling on why the red cards are issued is clear.

I think RHP is mandatory 6 weeks per the red card ruling but reduced to three due to no priors.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I think we need to just accept this current red card ruling, contact to the head with a shoulder is a red card. Nothing dubious about it.

How each incident is judged and the players are suspended etc. is probably up for debate, but the ruling on why the red cards are issued is clear.

I think RHP is mandatory 6 weeks per the red card ruling but reduced to three due to no priors.

In real time, if you blinked you missed it. Saw enough in the corner of your eye to think, “was that good or something else?”

Seems excessive to me, but you’re right it’s not dubious in repeated slo-mo. It’s the determination to not miss a split second transgression that perhaps grates. I’m not arguing the ruling. Just that the process and intentions seem a bit too much.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Fine with the RHP red card if applied consistently, but I would be fuming over Stander's missed high shot if the Rebels lost. He had a swinging arm that went straight to the head, how isn't that a card?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Commiserations to the Force. You guys deserve a win in front of the sea of blue. You have some quality, your hooker is great fun to watch. Missed Antsee out there tonight and didn't get enough ball to Pulu. Where was Miotti? Is he injured? Why doesn't Sampson rate him? McIntyre is sloppy.

Pretty pleased the Rebels finally got up after so long on the road and as Wessels said no: Naisarani, DHP, Wilkin, Leota, Uelese, Orr, Gibbon, Magnay, Skelton and no Holland. 10 players who half would be starting players.

Wessels has done well with his budget finds in Pincus & Anderson. Guess they can grow well if surrounded by 3 Wallabies.

Eloff was great but MoTM was clearly Koroibete, heart & soul of the team and will literally turn the game around for you.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Fine with the RHP red card if applied consistently, but I would be fuming over Stander's missed high shot if the Rebels lost. He had a swinging arm that went straight to the head, how isn't that a card?

Even if not a card, a penalty was warranted 100%. A Rebels lineout around half way would have been so much better for my blood pressure than a Force 5m scrum.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

To me with great understanding today of impact of head injury’s the current ref card rules definitely correct as players in modern day with this understanding and much greater power / strength then say 50 years ago - this is needed. But my view on current trial of 20 minute replacement rule for red cards is prefer not - to keep players in check for critical player safety in modern game red card should be player not replaced period!!!!!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Commiserations to the Force. You guys deserve a win in front of the sea of blue. You have some quality, your hooker is great fun to watch. Missed Antsee out there tonight and didn't get enough ball to Pulu. Where was Miotti? Is he injured? Why doesn't Sampson rate him? McIntyre is sloppy.

Pretty pleased the Rebels finally got up after so long on the road and as Wessels said no: Naisarani, DHP, Wilkin, Leota, Uelese, Orr, Gibbon, Magnay, Skelton and no Holland. 10 players who half would be starting players.

Wessels has done well with his budget finds in Pincus & Anderson. Guess they can grow well if surrounded by 3 Wallabies.

Eloff was great but MoTM was clearly Koroibete, heart & soul of the team and will literally turn the game around for you.
Yep and If one looks at anstee as well as pincus and Anderson shows the extra value of sevens as extra pathway to strengthening Xv’s game....pathways...

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
giphy.gif

Nice interchange by Pincus & Koroibete to nearly kill the ref.