• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU 2021 -Rd 4 - Force v Rebels - Fri 12/3

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
the logic was to keep interest in the game. If a team is losing by a couple of tries in more, it gives them motivation to keep playing (or keeps fans interested) to try to get a losing bonus point at least from the match

Red Dave

Frank Row (1)
the logic was to keep interest in the game. If a team is losing by a couple of tries in more, it gives them motivation to keep playing (or keeps fans interested) to try to get a losing bonus point at least from the match

Yeah I've heard that, but if that's the case, they're probably close enough to win it, which is motivation enough.

In practice how often do we see a side chuck in the towel? Even sides that have been belted tend to look for the consolation try.

If a side wants to play conservatively to protect a lead, I have no problem with that, the ultimate goal is to win. The winning fans probably want their side to protect their lead ("KICK IT TO THE SH1T HOUSE!! :eek:) ", and the losing fans want them to stop scoring points.

I guess I'm not so much opposed to it as can't see the need for it.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Why are there two players named for the Rebs at 21 and 23?
Squad is that low on players atm. Young Kailea would effectively be the 8th choice prop. Unfortunately they have had to draft him in from the development ranks and only playing 2nd grade last year to the side due to injuries. It’s arguably cost us 2 matches with the scrum going from very competitive to been monstered both games once he’s come on. He’s a good talent but not at the level required currently. There is backs available but another injury to the forwards would mean another 18yr old would be drafted into the squad from the development side.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
90 percent humidity here today so cutting down on ball handling errors this afternoon will be key. A couple of pre game IPA's will be needed to tame these tropical conditions.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
I'm not going to lie...I'm nervous.
This is a huge game for the Force.
A loss here would be disappointing.

No more excuses tonight. We've had two competitive games and a pre season match, we've got off the mark with a win, combinations should be starting to gel.

Feels like a must win.

i might have to get to the ground a little early to have a beer to settle the nerves.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I have to admit I was surprised to see his name. Especially with the big recent focus on accountability and concussions.

Do you reckon it is a ploy, Scooter? Name him in the team and then sub him out in the lead up to the game to throw off Force planning?

It could be a ploy FF (Folau Fainga'a), but I'm more inclined to think that he copped a glancing blow only and has recovered from a very mild form of concussion. AAA's arm was more an air swing than a massive right cross.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
It could be a ploy FF (Folau Fainga'a), but I'm more inclined to think that he copped a glancing blow only and has recovered from a very mild form of concussion. AAA's arm was more an air swing than a massive right cross.

And it's a very big head. There's a lot of circumference to glance off.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
As a neutral and supporter of oz rugby (all states) I hope personally with covid challenges most affecting the rebels and with their recent near losses like to see a rebels win tonight...

dru

Tim Horan (67)
As a neutral and supporter of oz rugby (all states) I hope personally with covid challenges most affecting the rebels and with their recent near losses like to see a rebels win tonight.

Haha! Also as a neutral, may the Force be with you. :)

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Rebels named 10 on the bench and still someone who is on bench wasn't part of the 10 (James Tuttle).

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Should be a yellow to the Force there
Edit: I’m referring to the first maul and breakaway. Force stopped try by being never onside.