• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Many players returning from last years team and how has the recruitment gone
Be pretty hard to get another team like last year
They were a very good side.

Should be strong again, couple stepping up to grade, and Lala signing with the rebels. good side, good coach, good club, attracts players as it provides a pathway.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Good luck to the Rats who are off to Albury this weekend. They are playing the Rebels and SA academies. Good initiative on their part. Those Rats boys sure love a good road trip.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Rats have apparently recruited well out of the successful 2013 Barker 1st XV. If so, that would be good for them, and the competition.

Anyone able to confirm?

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
I have heard of a change to the colts points
1st colts still 40 and 2nd colts still 30 but
Aust schoolboys, NSW 1&2 , QLD 1&2 and combined States in 2012 and 2013 are all 6 points.
That should make it interesting

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
True to a degree, but given the recent propensity of State and National schoolboy representatives to cross junior district "borders" to play colts for glamour clubs and super teams, we should celebrate the "success" when clubs are able to buck the trend and retain their juniors.

The grapevine is telling me that things are looking reasonably promising at Gordon as well. I dislike Gordon for tribal reasons, but if the rumours are true, then a full Colts playing roster at Chatswood Oval will be great for them and Sydney Colts rugby across the board.

How are the numbers looking elsewhere? Will the Mighty 2 Blues keep last years energy and momentum going with a full player roster in 2014? I hope so. There appears to be some pleasing reports coming out of Parra Grade.

What about the Emus Colts numbers? It is great news that the Juniors have raised a new Village Club (Penrith RSL JRUFC or similar IIRC). There were some encouraging initiatives being discussed by Gaggerlanders on the Emus Club thread last year that could produce some good results for them.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
True to a degree, but given the recent propensity of State and National schoolboy representatives to cross junior district "borders" to play colts for glamour clubs and super teams, we should celebrate the "success" when clubs are able to buck the trend and retain their juniors.

The grapevine is telling me that things are looking reasonably promising at Gordon as well. I dislike Gordon for tribal reasons, but if the rumours are true, then a full Colts playing roster at Chatswood Oval will be great for them and Sydney Colts rugby across the board.

How are the numbers looking elsewhere? Will the Mighty 2 Blues keep last years energy and momentum going with a full player roster in 2014? I hope so. There appears to be some pleasing reports coming out of Parra Grade.

What about the Emus Colts numbers? It is great news that the Juniors have raised a new Village Club (Penrith RSL JRUFC or similar IIRC). There were some encouraging initiatives being discussed by Gaggerlanders on the Emus Club thread last year that could produce some good results for them.

The fact that Jones was a junior was important to highlight that's why I stuck my oar in.
Tony Dempsey has done a video enticing new players:http://gordonrugby.com.au/indexf98.php?x=HOME~Join-Colts|^Gordon Rugby Colts Coach Tony Dempsey invites you to join the team`238
His back's assistant is a good man too - perhaps a little too Gordon for your tastes HJ - Andrew Lennon who was a fullback played NSW U21s out of SJC 2nd XV back in the olden days.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Will the Mighty 2 Blues keep last years energy and momentum going with a full player roster in 2014? I hope so. There appears to be some pleasing reports coming out of Parra Grade.
I've been down to a couple of training sessions and colts numbers look very good. Similar for grade. Plenty of new faces, and plenty of enthusiasm.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Can I ask a dumb question - what does IIRC mean. It seems to pop up in many posts.
Harry Jones is a massive human and I have no doubt the Tahs will sign him up before too long. No doubt the mungos will be sniffing around but for the sake of his long term professional career development, reputation and all round rah-rah-ness, I hope the mungo cash ( lets face it, thats all the mungos really have) does not tempt him.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Can I ask a dumb question - what does IIRC mean. It seems to pop up in many posts.
Harry Jones is a massive human and I have no doubt the Tahs will sign him up before too long. No doubt the mungos will be sniffing around but for the sake of his long term professional career development, reputation and all round rah-rah-ness, I hope the mungo cash ( lets face it, thats all the mungos really have) does not tempt him.

Crashy i think IIRC stands for 'If I Recall Correctly'. Hey i am still using a nokia so what do i know

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Thanks you my former clubmate. I had been pondering what the fark that meant. Good training at Bobs last night for the first hitout of the season, A tour to play the Bathurst Bulldogs is happening too.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
[quote="Hugh Jarse, post:

How are the numbers looking elsewhere? Will the Mighty 2 Blues keep last years energy and momentum going with a full player roster in 2014? I hope so. There appears to be some pleasing reports coming out of Parra

Very strong Parra Colts numbers. Only about 5 of last years squad that made the finals in all three grades have gone up to grade. A couple of very impressive recruits too along with some local juniors and some more Oakhill boys should see the Two Blues very competitive.

trevor cork

Stan Wickham (3)
Rats have apparently recruited well out of the successful 2013 Barker 1st XV. If so, that would be good for them, and the competition.

Anyone able to confirm?

I believe there is about six, Davis, Jones, Elwood-hall, (fullback & wingers)
Slacksmith (prop) and the hooker (sorry, no name) also Cam Dove (center). I think they are happy with the numbers, and it should provide some depth for the 2nds.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)

I am led to believe that Gordon have targeted a large number of central coast juniors to bolster the colts, as they have now linked with the local academy of sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.