• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
No particular order

Sydney Uni
Manly
Randwick
Souths
Norths
Eastwood

Smokey would be Warringah
I lot will depend on who everyone plays twice
Interesting.
Do you have a fair idea of who each team has,or are you basing your predictions on last years results?
My only idea of who is playing for whom is what I've read on G&G ,& that hasn't been much.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Surely a number of them have gone to Grade. A number of these players will be hoping to play Aust 20s and some may even be eyeing off the NRC. Playing Grade gives you a much better chance of achieving the above.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Surely a number of them have gone to Grade. A number of these players will be hoping to play Aust 20s and some may even be eyeing off the NRC. Playing Grade gives you a much better chance of achieving the above.

A number of them have been training in grade, and Rugby News had a great write up on the number of Manly U20's training with the Tahs.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Don't have much specific information, but from what I hear around the traps ,this years comp may be closer
& the talent more widely spread, than some people anticipate.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
They will be strong,no doubt.
But are significantly weaker in quite a few key positions.
If they lose any to grade,it will be interesting how they will go.
I'm going to wait and see, they have the largest contingent with the junior Tahs, getting more exposure.

Lala has gone to the Rebels but last year he spent considerable time with the Aust U20, and most of the final was played without him, and Reece Hodge and we went down by just 1.

Couple of players have aged into grade.

Learned One

Allen Oxlade (6)
Fantastic to see Manly rewarded, after a wonderful season ,with a large contingent in the NSW colts training squad but the largest contingent??
Surely University must have a very sizable representation given their dominance ,particularly from the back three whose counterattack was outstanding - just ask Southern Districts and Manly in the final series.

Does anyone know the points value attributed to current Aus U20 players?

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
If any gaggers would like to check out the Under 20's, they are playing a trial V Country tomorrow at 11am at Moore Park. With over 60 in the squad lets hope they all get a fair crack.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Fantastic to see Manly rewarded, after a wonderful season ,with a large contingent in the NSW colts training squad but the largest contingent??
Surely University must have a very sizable representation given their dominance ,particularly from the back three whose counterattack was outstanding - just ask Southern Districts and Manly in the final series.

Does anyone know the points value attributed to current Aus U20 players?

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
I have been trying for a while to get any info on Academy members, dates of games etc. Once again the there is an information blackhole.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
^^^^^^^^^^^^You have announce the name "Jejovah" three times, turn toward the magnetic south pole and hop on one leg. Then, and only then will a NSWRU official wearing a trench coat turn up and hand you the information written in gaelic on a soggy lettuce leaf, in abrown paper bag. He will ask that you then turn away whilst he disappears once again into the shadows.

Thats how I find out anyway ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.