• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Lightning, pls post results.

And what game were you at, and tell us about it.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk
1aac87c35b91dd1c201e30363aae4469.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

forwards4ever

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Easts beat Randwick in all grades of colts yesterday!! Completely different result to first time round. Are the wheels falling off at Randwick? Or has Easts made amazing gains?

OldColt

Sydney Middleton (9)
Souths won 1st and 2nd Grade Colts but went down in 3rd Grade. The 1st Grade game was a very physical affair, with Souths taking control in pretty much every aspect of the game. The Souths pack are big and mobile, and their pick and drives and off-loads allowed them to consistently get over the gain line, while presenting some nice opportunities for the backline, who used the time and space well to get outside their opposite men and score some very impressive tries. Souths probably missed a couple of try-scoring opportunities, and also missed a few kicks at goal, otherwise their score would've been closer to 50, but as it was the result was a comprehensive win for Souths and a good turn-around from their loss to Eastwood in Rnd 8.

S

sidelineview

Easts beat Randwick in all grades of colts yesterday!! Completely different result to first time round. Are the wheels falling off at Randwick? Or has Easts made amazing gains?

The wheels aren't falling off Randwick, but Easts went home with impressive results.

I heard the 1sts were just too good on the day. The first round was close, so no one thought Easts were pushovers: (14-10 to Randwick).

Randwick 2nds fielded a strong team so Easts must have played really well, although they have only lost 2 games this season, so again it was no surprise. Randwick posted their first loss for the season but the odds were always with that happening sooner or later.

A 3 - nil whitewash was a bit of a surprise but it makes the comp more interesting.

Shadow

Sydney Middleton (9)
Souths won 1st and 2nd Grade Colts but went down in 3rd Grade. The 1st Grade game was a very physical affair, with Souths taking control in pretty much every aspect of the game. The Souths pack are big and mobile, and their pick and drives and off-loads allowed them to consistently get over the gain line, while presenting some nice opportunities for the backline, who used the time and space well to get outside their opposite men and score some very impressive tries. Souths probably missed a couple of try-scoring opportunities, and also missed a few kicks at goal, otherwise their score would've been closer to 50, but as it was the result was a comprehensive win for Souths and a good turn-around from their loss to Eastwood in Rnd 8.
Pretty imprresive about the Souths 1st colts tight 5 and blindside flanker all shaving there heads as a sign of commitment to each other.
In 1sts and 2nds souths kicked a total of 4/13 conversions plus missed Penalty kicks.
Kicking practice on for this weeks training

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
Interesting set of results today, top six I think now decided and tightening up..
The gap from the rest 7 and down will likely widen next week

The Fat lady has yet to arrived at "The Opera House", If Warringah beats Randwick or Easts over the next couple of weeks I will call her a taxi......
Three weeks for Manly to find their ..... find something for the match at Rat park to decide the sixth spot

Gabriel AOTC

Frank Row (1)
Excellent Forum - I do a report each week, may as well post it here too..
Top comp

=====
Sydney University - 3rd Colts (Bill Simpson Shield) By Gabriel Enright (Coach)

Traditionally the end of June is a tough time of year being crammed with Uni Exams, Assignments and Schoolboy Trials that can disrupt and distract the younger players in the Colts group. Last year 3rd Colts dropped a few games and ground out a draw against Easts to topple down the leaderboard in the same period before righting the ship as it sailed magnificently into the business end of the year.

This year round, Head Coach Robert Taylor masterfully tweaked the training program - short, sharp then back to the books after some tucker - while team coaches motivated the players to keep the energy and attendance up. This proved a boon with 3rd Colts running out winners by 63 points to zip aganist West Harbour on Super Saturday to maintain an 11 game winning streak and to go Top of the Table once again. SUFC Colts achieved their 8th clean sweep in a row in the process.

"Get it to the paint" was the mantra and it was winger Toby Dickinson that enjoyed the spoils running in 4 tries for the day - 3 points again obviously. By continually getting quick, quality ball to the edges the left flank of 3rd Colts is looking deadly as they hone their skills for using it. Luke Porter continues to improve in both defense and attack, getting his big frame behind every tackle, clean out and hit up - it won't be long before his "metres after contact" start paying dividends for the sizzle in the backs. Colts Stalwart Harry Croker became available and was pulled into fullback at the last minute then played a full game of seconds for the point - he marshalled the backs all day with the scoreboard reaping the benefit.

Schoolboy trialists Nigel Zhang, Riley Alcorn, Silas Lawther and Hayden Pomare were exceptional and showed great courage backing up from a big week of games.

Sydney Uni 63 def. West Harbour 0

19396808_1470116889702937_6988316198170279202_n.jpg

Gabriel AOTC

Frank Row (1)
Now here's a pretty handy 1 pointer for the best player in the comp

STRAIGHT OUTTA THIRDS: Ladies and Gentleman - Mr Dan Poletto at Flyhalf - striped to SLASH and Sir Ian Astbury

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Excellent Forum - I do a report each week, may as well post it here too..
Top comp

=====
Sydney University - 3rd Colts (Bill Simpson Shield) By Gabriel Enright (Coach)

Traditionally the end of June is a tough time of year being crammed with Uni Exams, Assignments and Schoolboy Trials that can disrupt and distract the younger players in the Colts group. Last year 3rd Colts dropped a few games and ground out a draw against Easts to topple down the leaderboard in the same period before righting the ship as it sailed magnificently into the business end of the year.

This year round, Head Coach Robert Taylor masterfully tweaked the training program - short, sharp then back to the books after some tucker - while team coaches motivated the players to keep the energy and attendance up. This proved a boon with 3rd Colts running out winners by 63 points to zip aganist West Harbour on Super Saturday to maintain an 11 game winning streak and to go Top of the Table once again. SUFC Colts achieved their 8th clean sweep in a row in the process.

"Get it to the paint" was the mantra and it was winger Toby Dickinson that enjoyed the spoils running in 4 tries for the day - 3 points again obviously. By continually getting quick, quality ball to the edges the left flank of 3rd Colts is looking deadly as they hone their skills for using it. Luke Porter continues to improve in both defense and attack, getting his big frame behind every tackle, clean out and hit up - it won't be long before his "metres after contact" start paying dividends for the sizzle in the backs. Colts Stalwart Harry Croker became available and was pulled into fullback at the last minute then played a full game of seconds for the point - he marshalled the backs all day with the scoreboard reaping the benefit.

Schoolboy trialists Nigel Zhang, Riley Alcorn, Silas Lawther and Hayden Pomare were exceptional and showed great courage backing up from a big week of games.

Sydney Uni 63 def. West Harbour 0

19396808_1470116889702937_6988316198170279202_n.jpg
"@Gabriel, great report. It is good to get some input from the lower grades.

Keep it up, and don't be afraid to make a mention of the good players from the opposing team.

Gabriel AOTC

Frank Row (1)
"@Gabriel, great report. It is good to get some input from the lower grades.

Keep it up, and don't be afraid to make a mention of the good players from the opposing team.

Top suggestion - the players of the future in Colts 3 - I will include the best opposition players in future reports.

FOR THE RECORD: I thought Liam Marshall the scrum half for Wests was outstanding

19420546_1470116873036272_2564844826875740402_n.jpg

Gabriel AOTC

Frank Row (1)
Another thing I would like to see in Colts Rugby is for every player on the day to get a voucher for a big Emu Burger (or equivalent), side of Chips and Can of drink.

The players travel a long way and stay for a whole day (8 hours), they give their all and the quality of footy and entertainment is excellent.

I think it is only fair that they are provided with a meal to keep them going til dinner time.

lightning rod

Chris McKivat (8)
Another thing I would like to see in Colts Rugby is for every player on the day to get a voucher for a big Emu Burger (or equivalent), side of Chips and Can of drink.

The players travel a long way and stay for a whole day (8 hours), they give their all and the quality of footy and entertainment is excellent.

I think it is only fair that they are provided with a meal to keep them going til dinner time.

Yeah because Penrith is such a wealthy club running a fucking soup kitchen for the poor students is just what it needs

Dexter

Bob McCowan (2)
Gabriel I love hearing about schoolboy talents carving up in 3rd grade colts just about as much as I enjoy hearing about those same schoolboys being allowed to trial for the the NSW u20s for the following year.

A glance at the trialists this year shows 1st grade players from most clubs and 3rd grade players from Uni and Randwick.

Those players would be learning nothing and shouldn't be picked from such low pressure environments.

Congrats on the 63-0 win.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Gabriel I love hearing about schoolboy talents carving up in 3rd grade colts just about as much as I enjoy hearing about those same schoolboys being allowed to trial for the the NSW u20s for the following year.

A glance at the trialists this year shows 1st grade players from most clubs and 3rd grade players from Uni and Randwick.

Those players would be learning nothing and shouldn't be picked from such low pressure environments.

Congrats on the 63-0 win.
I think Gabriel is making mention of 3 boys who are still at school and trialling in Colts.

I am pretty sure these boys are not from a State or National schoolboy team.

Uni are giving an opportunity for boys to play who may not be playing for a private school.

But, I suppose someone here will have something negative to say.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Todays Matches

Gordon Vs Penrith
West Harbour Vs Eastwood
Southern Districts Vs Parramatta
Manly Vs Easts
Warringah Vs Randwick
Uni Vs Norths

Could be some upsets here.

Penrith will be a real chance of securing their first win of the season against Gordon who have struggled with injury and form.

Parramatta beat Southern Districts in Rd 10, fascinating rematch inside of a month. Both sides showing improved form.

Warringah were not too far off the Randwick last outing 26-12 only 2 rounds ago. Randwick coming off the loss to Easts and Warringah a win over Penrith.

Eastwood coming off a loss against a competitive West Harbour,

Tipping Penrith to put it to Gordon, Gordon to win in a close one.
Eastwood in a close one.
Parramatta to repeat the win over SD
Easts over Manly
Randwick to return to normal service
Uni over Norths

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
Yeah because Penrith is such a wealthy club running a fucking soup kitchen for the poor students is just what it needs

steady on .....I am sure, from the intelligent bloke the Gab is, the brainless remark was only a quip, and if not I am sure he would be happy to stump up for all visitors to the university grounds

Status
Not open for further replies.