• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Pretty much. Can't believe Convicts are still allowed in 4th Div. Though there is no Fifth so.
Whats the point of a division that never has clubs or competition? What are they saving it for?
It would be sad to again reduce this ever decreasing competition but drop it and call div 6 div 5.

Open Side

Bob McCowan (2)
Any Subbies Clubs or Teams considering an end of Season Trip in 2016 ?
The Bali 10's Rugby Festival on 8th & 9th Oct may be of interest to clubs.
Tournament includes Open Men's 10's,Over 40 Mens 10's and Womens 7's.
www.balirugbyclub.com for details
Layaway Travel can provide pricing quotes and help your club plan your squad's itinerary.
www.layawaytravel.com.au
Alternatively,contact me here to get your Tour underway !

Thanks Mods for allowing me to post this news here :)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Whats the point of a division that never has clubs or competition? What are they saving it for?
It would be sad to again reduce this ever decreasing competition but drop it and call div 6 div 5.

Division 4 didn't run for about three years in 2009-11 from memory.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
More interested in player numbers. Hearing 4 or 5 clubs struggling across DIV's to field required teams.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
So do we know when the draw for Div 4 and 6 will be out? Do the clubs know where they are playing this weekend?

Also what was the reasoning for ditching Merrylands this season?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
So do we know when the draw for Div 4 and 6 will be out? Do the clubs know where they are playing this weekend?

Also what was the reasoning for ditching Merrylands this season?

Hideous disciplinary record got them ditched from 2015 finals. But can't say if they just imploded after that.

Draw for Div 4 is out. 7 team comp with no Convicts.

We get the bye this weekend, then two more times, but Canterbury three times from memory to make up for that. Ugh.

Not going to be many easy games

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Have I missed something? I notice from the draws that 1st Div have dropped 5th grade. Is this confirmed? Are the clubs happy about it?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Division 4 will be very interesting, I can't call it. Every team that you hear from is quietly confident about their chances. If the Blacktown rumours are true about their recruitment hard to look past them.
I heard they got 9 people to training last week.

Chinese whispers between East and West mangle the message? :)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Have I missed something? I notice from the draws that 1st Div have dropped 5th grade. Is this confirmed? Are the clubs happy about it?
Fark!

Only rational choice. Could have kept Campbelltown in the competition if they had done it two years ago

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Division 6 draw was e-mailed out to clubs.

South and north now merged into 1 comp due to Clovelly and Wollondilly folding, as well as Lansvale's expulsion.

The draw is not on the website yet.

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)

South and north now merged into 1 comp due to Clovelly and Wollondilly folding, as well as Lansvale's expulsion.

Geez. Sad to see Clovelly drop out. They've been such stalwarts for a long time and have one the most iconic grounds in Subbies.

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Yeah it is.

And the increased travel times is going to start hurting clubs too.

Possibly see more drop out next year.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)

Why did the vales get kicked out?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Fairly favourable draw for us - though as one of the lowest remaining teams from last year, that is probably on the money.

http://rugby.fusesport.com/rugby/results/external/results.asp?orgid=01020

Bye Round 1
Host Canterbury
Away Irish
Host Harlequins
Away Mac Uni
Host Briars
Away Blacktown (closer to my house than our ground!)
Bye
Away Canterbury
Long Weekend (wet weather)
Host Irish
Away Harlequins
Host Mac Uni
Away Briars
Host Blacktown
Bye
Host Canterbury

The three games against Canterbury - who are probably favourites for all the gongs this year if they're any semblance of last year - will kind of balance the byes out.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
More interesting in div 3. Iggies with all their pre season bravado coped an absolute hiding at HAC. Won't be the only team that this happens to, I'm sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I’d agree on Canterbury they were very strong last year. We needed a scrummaging performance for the ages to beat them, two penalty tries in the last 10 minutes. Irish has lost their whole 1sts backline expect a winger and a 9 from last year. Apparently theres a few new lads who look handy so will be interesting to see how we go this year.

So. Blacktown stomped Canterbury AT Canterbury. And here's what the scuttlebutt tells me:

Blacktown's First Grade has a distinctly Fijian flavour, and they don't train (this backs up what I heard previously).

As a result, there are a lot of longstanding Blacktown clubmen who are unhappy with the situation. To the point of departure.

Not a good look. They might win a title, but lose a club :(

Status
Not open for further replies.