• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetraitor

Chris McKivat (8)
Well it looks like that Forest rumour about new players was fake news - same players as a few weeks ago, with Ryan Butcher still apparently injured / not playing which always affects them.

Bad away loss to HAC. I hear they dominated in the forwards but their backs couldn't tackle, which seems to be their year so far.

BeachBreaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
Many Div 3 1st grade clubs would be worried now that brothers are two wins outside the top 4. Can't see any clubs matching their backline. Knocking off 1st place this weekend will show their dominance. Watching Epping on weekend I think they may struggle.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Many Div 3 1st grade clubs would be worried now that brothers are two wins outside the top 4. Can't see any clubs matching their backline. Knocking off 1st place this weekend will show their dominance. Watching Epping on weekend I think they may struggle.

Struggle??? Yet, still an away win 40-5???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeachBreaker

Frank Nicholson (4)

Don't get me wrong. They were a good side. The forwards dominated and the 9 was very smart. When they come up against a decent forward pack their backs will struggle. Only 2 blokes athletic enough to match the speed of brothers the rest too slow.

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
t
Don't get me wrong. They were a good side. The forwards dominated and the 9 was very smart. When they come up against a decent forward pack their backs will struggle. Only 2 blokes athletic enough to match the speed of brothers the rest too slow.

Epping Won By 40 So They Must Have Been Ok. Epping Can Definitely Be Beaten In The Backs If Brothers Have There Cattle.

BeachBreaker

Frank Nicholson (4)

Prodigy...Been doing a bit of digging and didn't see your name on any team sheets last weekend. Are you stuck in Eppings Halligans side? Must be a strong club to keep you out.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Prodigy.Been doing a bit of digging and didn't see your name on any team sheets last weekend. Are you stuck in Eppings Halligans side? Must be a strong club to keep you out.

Retired. Only back for the occasional event. Club is pretty strong though, not sure if crack the third grade team

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
Why can't we all go back to the way things were before Epping & Fences??? Surely all clubs can't be expected to build a fence to be accepted in this forum! Our club just doesn't have the growth or funds to afford a fence... Can we just go back to gossiping like 16 year olds again

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Huge win by Quins over Oatley in 1s at the weekend.

Div 4 wide open.

Congratulated my contact at Quins on the win - he said they just played really bloody well "only took 8 weeks"

I know they have had issues with consistency of selection, and their results against Blacktown showed that.

The other team that is going to suffer a little midyear blip is Irish: hammered by Blacktown on the weekend in Firsts and Seconds, while forfeiting Thirds. Suspect a few of their boys are on Lions Tour and won't be back for a fortnight. Could be messy at Canterbury this weekend.

Then we host them the week after the Lions finish up :(

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Note: there were three forfeits across Div 4 this week in what is a worrying sign.

Our firsts to Briars
Mac Uni thirds (its exam time)
Irish thirds (Lions Tour)

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
Thinking ahead who will be in what Division next year? Some clubs looking ready to go up others need to be dropped.
A lot of footy still to be played though. I think some of the results last weekend at proving nothing is guaranteed yet. Even a team with the momentum of Hunters Hill isn't a certainty

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

laura.ainslie

Peter Burge (5)
I guarantee we won't be higher than Fifth Div.

And I don't want to be in Sixth Div.

Hopefully 5th div is viable again next year to be put on. 6th division makes it hard to maintain player momentum, with interested players who don't want to play firsts.

bundaddy

Peter Burge (5)
div 1 balmain domoted (based on points)

div 2 hunters hill promoted (they think they can be a force in div 1)
div 2 uwsh go down (colts and lower grades are an issue)

div 3 epping go up (they were dissapointed not to be in div 2 this year)
div 3 hawkesbury valley go down (colts are an issue)

div 4 canterbury go up (working hard to get colts which would see them in div 3)
div 4 rouse hill go down (as requested)

div 5 lane cove go up (mainly due to numbers + colts)
div 5 wakehurst go down (no numbers but no div 6 promotion may keep them up)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
div 5 lane cove go up (mainly due to numbers + colts)

How many of Lane Cove's existing Colts will be too old for U21 next year?

Its a bastard that there isn't enough Junior elevation around to keep an U19 cup going. That would be a handy feeder.

A few years back we had a group of U21 qualified guys, and would have had a bloody awesome team. Shame its such a short window.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hopefully 5th div is viable again next year to be put on. 6th division makes it hard to maintain player momentum, with interested players who don't want to play firsts.

This is my main challenge, too - need somewhere for the old blokes to have a trot, and Halligan ain't it.

I'm already thinking about strategies for recruitment next year. Certainly I've made some mistakes in the name of trial and error.

After finding out $220 isn't the cheapest rego in the comp, I was a bit miffed.

For next year, I'm definitely going lower as a starting point; $150 max.

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)
This is my main challenge, too - need somewhere for the old blokes to have a trot, and Halligan ain't it.

I'm already thinking about strategies for recruitment next year. Certainly I've made some mistakes in the name of trial and error.

After finding out $220 isn't the cheapest rego in the comp, I was a bit miffed.

For next year, I'm definitely going lower as a starting point; $150 max.
With the ARU (Folau and co.) contribution going up to $1000 per team next year sir i wish you the best of luck in that!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.