• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeachBreaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
Balmain?? Now that IS a surprise. But I guess a sign of the times. I'd agree with all the others from what I've heard

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yeah from what some of the older guys have said they are just unhappy with blokes that show up one week and then miss the next. I guess losing more games then you win will do that.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Bobs vs Hawkesbury at the school this weekend. Bobs try and do this every year and its a great facility to use during the school holidays. HV will at least get a hot shower after the game as opposed to the beautiful facilities at Turramurra! Do Knox, St Pats, Waverley (They have a better ground than the school) or Iggies ever have a round at the old school grounds? I left Kings off as I know they already play at the school and do have a game on the main oval during school holidays.

I've never played on White Oval on Back to White Day but the boys who have tell me that it is quite an experience.

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
Maybe the Life Member intervention didn't work as well as hoped? I've never been keen on boards, administrators, etc at Subbies myself. Much prefer to put power in Coaches and Captains and key Players. For me, administrators just bring the game down.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Can guarantee we'll forfeit Firsts against Oatley this weekend ;)

Maybe Thirds as well at this point. Not going to bother getting more guys injured playing two games.

BeachBreaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
Sad to hear Pfitzy!

Prodigy...As an old coach I know it is hard to select when good mates are involved. Some people derserve their chance particularly when they attend training and been around the club for years

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Sad to hear Pfitzy!
Yep. Might have to be Sixth Division next year after all.

IF at all o_O

Just can't see a way back from here without being able to recruit committed rugby guys from the local area, and I doubt whether many of them exist, who aren't either somewhere else already, or retired.

I'll have a crack at longer recruiting periods starting in Nov/Dec this year, but I think 2018 will be pretty much the last season for our club.

And, after this year, I can't say I'm desperately unhappy at the thought.

laura.ainslie

Peter Burge (5)

IF at all o_O

Just can't see a way back from here without being able to recruit committed rugby guys from the local area, and I doubt whether many of them exist, who aren't either somewhere else already, or retired.

I'll have a crack at longer recruiting periods starting in Nov/Dec, season, but I think 2018 will be pretty much the last season for our club.

Tough call, but absolutely fair! I was at that point a few years ago, when we were close to folding and I honestly didn't care anymore if we did. Luckily we managed to pull back and get a dedicated executive committee nominated, and we'll hopefully begin to grow again.

It's rarely appreciated the amount of work that committees put into the club, putting their blood, sweat and tears into the club week in, week out (and through the off season), but without them, the clubs wouldn't still be going.

Seagull Butler

Chris McKivat (8)
Today's Manly Daily has a story around former NRL points scoring machine Darly Halligan turning out for Newport last weekend.

I wanted to come out with a comment like "jeez how much are they paying him" or "Newport does a Balmain" but realised that some wouldn't get the sarcasm.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Today's Manly Daily has a story around former NRL points scoring machine Darly Halligan turning out for Newport last weekend.

With Beaver turning out for Warringah Rats I suppose there's a couple of older ex leaguies who could see that the game the play in heaven is pretty good here on earth.

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
To help with the world cup teams, Gentlemen I give you the most lethal team in Subbies Rugby. (Some availabilities may be questionable however)

Sydney Shirazs

Coach - Teniko Tunupopo Snr (Oatley)
Manager - Patrick Lang (Lindfield)

1 Manasa Vuadreu (Brothers)
2 Elvis Aokuso (Drummoyne)
3 Greg Hughan (Dundas Valley)
4 Viliami Teu (Forest)
5 Andrew Sika (Merrylands)
6 Daniel Mailata (Petersham)
7 Sebastian Kosmin (Maccabi)
8 Tui Nye (Rouse Hill)
9 Adam Coughlan (Lindfield)
10 Tala Moli (Lindfield)
11 Bill Soliola (Lidcombe)
12 Alapati Pese (Fairvale)
13 Mahoni Kaufusi (Rouse Hill)
14 Viliami Kaufusi (Rouse Hill)
15 Max Tatham (Lane Cove)

Also note, some positions may be incorrect, however Teniko will work it out on game day
Classic banter here....

I can't imagine anyone wanting to play these guys hahaha

I'm guessing the shiraz reference is to the red cards!!!

Best thing I've read on here since Bundaddy's fence posts.... (geddit??? Fence posts.... glorious stuff from the skinny man)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
July 8th Tips.

Division 2
HH v Blue Mountains - Mountains Depleted With Travel. HH By 30+
UNSW v Hills - MOTR. UNSW In An Upset. UNSW By 3.
Beecroft v HAWKESBURY - Hawkesbury Easily.
Lindfield v FOREST - Close And Low Scoring. Forest Just.

Division 3
BROTHERS v Newport - Will Newport Come Off The Beach? Brothers By 14.
St Ives v EPPING - Epping. Only 1-2 Sides Have The Game Plan To Beat Epping At The Moment. Epping By 12.
BOBS v Valley - BOBs by alot.
Redfield v Iggies - MOTR. Head Says Redfield, Heart Says Us. I Think Another Week And We Will Be Back On Our Feet, But Redfield Have All To Play For. I Cant See Many Sides Getting Near Us At The Moment In 3s, 2s And Colts, But I Think Redfield Will Just Edge Out In 1st Grade.

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)

IF at all o_O

I'll have a crack at longer recruiting periods starting in Nov/Dec this year, but I think 2018 will be pretty much the last season for our club.

The Travel In Division 6 Would Destroy Your Club. It Has To Be Division 5 Or Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.