• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2022

Waterloo_Ned

Herbert Moran (7)
UNSW would never do this. They are not that type of club, it is not there go.

I am looking forward to UNSW playing Valley. This could be the grand final no-one expected.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
UNSW would never do this. They are not that type of club, it is not there go.

I am looking forward to UNSW playing Valley. This could be the grand final no-one expected.
They wouldnt stack this early but UNSW are the kings of the late stack in years gone by.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Grounds closed for training. Boo!

Lot of pressure coming onto our field due to to the wet weather affecting other rugby league in the area. Jersey Flegg and NSW Cup has been shifted around a lot so they've got a lot of spinning plates to manage.

Last edited:

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
Dirty Reds v Goats is the opener for the Tahs v Hurricanes this weekend. It's been good this year how they're supporting grass roots rugby for the openers!

Ref_Ted

Sydney Middleton (9)
Dirty Reds v Goats is the opener for the Tahs v Hurricanes this weekend. It's been good this year how they're supporting grass roots rugby for the openers!
As it is a men's game, can we call it a curtain raiser now?

Ref_Ted

Sydney Middleton (9)
Opener/Curtain Raiser/Pre-Game? Does it really matter?
Not the point. Try calling the Wallaroos a curtain raiser/opener when they play before a test match, or when the Super W was on before a Super Rugby match previously. Powers that be were at pains to explain that it wasn't.

Ref_Ted

Sydney Middleton (9)
Ok, sorry, I mis-read your question, but this might be getting off topic
Meant to be a one liner.
Would have been great to see the Dirty Reds at Leichardt sadly I am blowing the whistle elsewhere. Hopefully they draw a crowd.
NSW Rugby have assigned a Shute Shield referee (Dylan Sigg, ex Manly) for the match.
Both teams need a win.

qwerty123

Stan Wickham (3)
Cheers to the UNSW boys who sent a stack of their 1s and 2s players to play 3s and 4s against Epping after their game got cancelled. Most of them aren't even on the team sheets...
If you think the 4s team was stacked on Saturday, wait until you see us in finals. Coming last in a 5 team comp, you'll still make it that far, right?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
ugh... can't we get Friday like Saturday?

1652313986897.png

Eastcoast

Ted Fahey (11)
If you think the 4s team was stacked on Saturday, wait until you see us in finals. Coming last in a 5 team comp, you'll still make it that far, right?
Did you just shot a Div 4 4th Grade team for not beating Div 2 sides in the 3rd week of a competition? I would hope you have the same energy if you get to play against any of us in Div 1. Maybe you could fill the Drummoyne spot

Denistone_Dennis

Chris McKivat (8)
I’d love to see that finals stacked team but unfortunately Unis fusesport sheets have more holes than Chatswood Golf club.

Though, I hear that’s not the only teamsheet dramas you guys have had lately..
Heard it was some kind of weird computer glitch, I think a few of them ended up on Canterbury's team sheets on Saturday.

Wonder if the glitch will correct itself this weekend.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Tough trip to Newport this week! I dont think any team is going to enjoy that trip this year

And if they continue, it makes them First Division contenders. What happens for 2023? Lot of reshuffles to get us back to the 8 club structure per Division.

Eastcoast

Ted Fahey (11)
Predictions for the Weekend if we get on.
Knox - Forest. I have been impressed with Knox over the past two weeks. Seeing them on Saturday proved that the dribble on this page is not always accurate. Very strong forward pack and should be too good for a Forest team just lacking a bit from their previous few years. Knox by 3

St Pats - HH. Shouldnt be a problem for HH. 2-0 to start the season. Dangerous backline. Expecting St Pats wont be within 2 points this week to eliminate the confusion of not taking a penalty from in front 20 metres out on the last play of the game to win. Must think they are back in Div 2. HH by 10

Colleagues
- Petersham. Petersham were lucky to get away with the game last week, runaway try and the lack of confidence in St Pats kicker gifted them the 4 points. Colleagues were very strong against Waverley and looked favourites for the Kentwell this year. Colleagues by 15

Waverley
- Mosman. Mosman were shaky against Drummoyne last week letting in some soft tries. Waverley to be too strong in this match up. Waverley by 12

Drummoyne
- Blue Mountains. Dirty reds look ok, but the Mountain Goats look a shadow of their 2018-2020 team. Should be a good game at Leichhardt infront of a good crowd. High scoring. Drummoyne by 10

SuburbanCornChip

Bob McCowan (2)
Not confident a bunch of these will go ahead with councils poking and prodding the wet grounds today. But tips regardless for when these games go ahead.

ROUND 4 DIVISION 2/3:

Briars vs Valley:
Wow it has been a tough old start for Briars against some gnarly opposition. They would have liked their game against the Quins thrown in there that should be happening next week. Valley look pretty slick and this should be another walk in the park. Briars will throw a bit at them in the backline but it should be an easy win. Valley by 22

Newport vs Blacktown: Don't need to say much here. As mentioned above this could be the icing on the cake that really hurts their numbers. Such a shame for a great club Cricket score here. Newport by 72

Old Barker vs
Quins: Up there with the match of the round in this Div. They've both had a relatively similar start to the season against competition that has hardly challenged them. Very different sides; a young/fit Barker up against an older/physical/large Quins side. Probably the best litmus test for the Quins to prove they can make a run for finals. Being at home will help. I'm torn on this one but I think the home team will edge it out if they can reign in the and play the game on their terms Quins by 5

Iggies vs.
Hills: Hills will be up for this one after the bye last week and the close encounter with UNSW the week before. Iggies probably a bit downcast after getting smacked last week. I think Hills' attack will be too much for Iggies and they'll run rings around them Hills by 34

UNSW vs Lindfield

Should be the other top match for the round. Lindfield will love being at home for this one. both teams have leaked some points this year and also shown that they have it in attack. My guess is uni have really put the foot down around Defence at training and will prove a little too much for Lindfield to manage on the weekend. Their out and out speed and counter attack will be too much. UNSW by 17

ROUND 4 DIVISION 4:

Redfield v Chatswood: No brainer here. Redfield will be too strong for the youthful stags and put some points on early to hold the lead. Redfield by 22

Savers v
Epping: This will be a tight one. Both somewhat similar teams who have decent structure and attack. I'm going to give this one to the Rams with the Savers being bruised by Merrylands last week. Epping by 12

Merrylands v Saints: Merrylands will be on a high after winning a close one last week. I think their physicality is going to be wayyyy too much for the saints. Merrylands by 24

Canterbury v HAC: Should be a good one. Both have somewhat struggled at the start of the year and have obviously had some numbers issues over the past few years. My guess is Berries will be too strong at home for a weakened HAC side that likely wont travel well after being slapped up last week on the road. Berries by 24

Raptors v
Oysters: Wowie. I'm interested in this one. Few good ingredients for a good game. Raptors at home coming off the back of a win last week. They might somewhat have the wheels on to have a good 1st grade side. Both play different games and I'm interested to see how Oysters go with the physcial challenge that you feel out at Mittigar. If Harbour can hold on till the second half they might start running rings around them. I'm sticking with the favourites Oysters by 2.

Mac Uni v Renegades: Don't know how many of the ones' injuries will hold over to this week as it seemed to affect the gades last week based on Pfitzy's comments. Mac Uni also looking the goods Mac Uni by 24