• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2022

Denistone_Dennis

Chris McKivat (8)
Hearing that this has been brought up with Subbies and they are refusing to deal with it. Are they Uni players? Are they Canterbury players? Are they Brothers players? Are they showing up somewhere else? Can you register and then unregister a player only to register him again? Who’s allowing these guys to play under multiple names?
Clubs need to be reassured that the administration are looking after the competition not just turning a blind eye to their local club.
Uni have alot to answer for. My spies tell me that a number of higher grades players lobbed into the lower grades a couple of weeks ago, although the team sheets suggest otherwise.
You are indeed a wise man Woodsman.

The jig might be up now. Looking at fusesport one of them playing under his 3rd profile so far this year got a red card for unsw yesterday. Wonder which one of the 3 will turn up (or not turn up) to the judiciary.

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
You are indeed a wise man Woodsman.

The jig might be up now. Looking at fusesport one of them playing under his 3rd profile so far this year got a red card for unsw yesterday. Wonder which one of the 3 will turn up (or not turn up) to the judiciary.
Alot of dramas seemingly in that Div 2/3. Can someone elaborate for the people in the other Divisions? I couldnt see any cards on Fusesport when I got into work this morning. Is it on Cluch?

Waterloo_Ned

Herbert Moran (7)
This all is very concerning. I will say it once more, UNSW need to release a statement to address these problems. I have spoken to at least one other Division 2 club today and we are both not comfortable playing UNSW at the moment. With players being removed from team sheets, unregistered players taking the field, 1st graders running around in lower grades and players playing for multiple clubs, I don't know what we are meant to do.

We owe a duty of care to our players, and I can't guarantee that when absolutely anybody is running on for them, in any grade too. How can I ensure safety to a young kid playing first game of rugby in 3s, when he is running against experienced first graders. It just doesn't sit well with me.

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
How is everyones ground looking? Any chance for games being played this weekend? Some teams cant afford to push another game back otherwise there will be Sunday or Mid week games being organised so early into the season

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Wasn't allowed to train tonight BUT we're sort of trading that for Wednesday and Saturday at this stage

WoodyWoodsman

Sydney Middleton (9)
Alot of dramas seemingly in that Div 2/3. Can someone elaborate for the people in the other Divisions? I couldnt see any cards on Fusesport when I got into work this morning. Is it on Cluch?
You might like these comparisons:
Jeffery Cup Round 3 Brothers 8 & McLean Cup Round 3 Canterbury 19…. Same day
McLean Cup Round 3 Canterbury 6 & Barraclough Cup Round 2/4 UNSW 6/14
McLean Cup Round 3 Canterbury 13 & Barraclough cup Round 2/4 UNSW 13
McLean Cup Round 3 Canterbury 11 & stocktake Cup Round 3 UNSw 20 (naughty red card)

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
You might like these comparisons:
Jeffery Cup Round 3 Brothers 8 & McLean Cup Round 3 Canterbury 19…. Same day
McLean Cup Round 3 Canterbury 6 & Barraclough Cup Round 2/4 UNSW 6/14
McLean Cup Round 3 Canterbury 13 & Barraclough cup Round 2/4 UNSW 13
McLean Cup Round 3 Canterbury 11 & stocktake Cup Round 3 UNSw 20 (naughty red card)
This is concerning.
Outside my Division but ill be speaking with our President to ensure its discussed at the next subbies meeting.
Ive just looked into it now and it appears they also played the Wet Weather Week for UNSW against BOBs - Im sure BOBS wouldn't have been happy about this if they had known earlier.

Whilst looking at the team lists, I also noted a good young player for UNSW who was able to play both 4th grade in round 3 but also make it onto the park at #7 in 2's and 1's in the Wet Weather week and score a try in all games. Making 5 tries in the same round. Well done!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Whilst looking at the team lists, I also noted a good young player for UNSW who was able to play both 4th grade in round 3 but also make it onto the park at #7 in 2's and 1's in the Wet Weather week and score a try in all games. Making 5 tries in the same round. Well done!

Gotta be happy with a hat trick and 1 off the bench in the other grades. Why didn't he go for more in 2s? ;)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
This is concerning.
Outside my Division but ill be speaking with our President to ensure its discussed at the next subbies meeting.

Note the following:

1653461976424.png

SuburbanCornChip

Bob McCowan (2)
4/4 in my Wet Weather tips that actually went ahead. Mac Uni v Berries and Newport v Blacktown both postponed again.

Tips for Round 5

Div 2/3 Round 5:

Valley v Beecroft:
Valley will be too good for Beecroft and will continue their stance in sitting in the Top 4. Should be a pretty clinical win allowing them to prep for UNSW the next week Valley by 28

Lindfield v Blacktown:
Another tough one for Blacktown with another beatdown on the cards. Lindfield by 47

Old Barker v Briars:
Briars will be pretty disheartened after adding to their losing streak last week in the wet against the Quins in a somewhat winnable game. Barker should be too good and structured for them Barker by 17

UNSW v Old Iggies:
Another snoozefest this will be a belting from Uni. UNSW by 55

Hills v Newport:
This is easily the match of the round in the Barraclough. Interested to see how Newports fast paced, counter attack driven game goes against Hills. Hills seemed to neutralise UNSW's version of this. Newport by 2.

Div 4 Round 5:

Berries v Renegades:
I think this one is winnable for the Gades at home but I still think the Berries will have too much and will win it in a tight one. Berries by 5

Epping v Redfield:
This will be another close one and a ripper of a game. Epping should be too good and will be able to starve Redfield of the the ball with their D. Epping by 12

Saints v Mac Uni:
Mac Uni to notch up a win over the saints but again should be a decent game with both teams needing a few more points on the ladder Mac Uni by 10

Harbour v Savers:
Savers may or may not test Habour a little mainly just due to them having a bit more fitness. But at the same time I don't expect anything shocking or unpredictable here. Harbour by 22

HAC v Merrylands:
Easier one for Merrylands as HAC continue to sit on struggle street. They'll run around them and hurt them with size at the same time. Maerrylands by 35

Chatswood v Raptors:
I reckon the stags will struggle in the physicality department here and get blown off the park in the first 15 minutes. Raptors by 17

Subbiesgoat

Frank Row (1)
I think some people will feel a lot safer tonight knowing this was sent out by Subbies. Finally UNSW and their bullying tactics are being investigated.

Attachments

• E1F8B1BC-14B9-4AE2-A37D-BBFA3171F6ED.jpeg
    E1F8B1BC-14B9-4AE2-A37D-BBFA3171F6ED.jpeg
    415.3 KB · Views: 259

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Why does UNSW really need to do it

"Do" what exactly? They probably had guys turn up, told them to register, then got on with running a club. Similar to any of the clubs involved (at this stage Brothers and Canterbury?)

FuseSport does a couple of basic checks and raises a flag if there is an existing record when you register. I looked at a couple of the examples above and in each case, the name or DOB is different.

In practical terms, most clubs don't have the time or personnel to do a forensic examination of a player's history or current status when they register.

However, if any of you are volunteering to help your local club run this sort of investigation of all your players vs the thousands of registered Subbies records, I'm sure they would appreciate the help :)

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
"Do" what exactly? They probably had guys turn up, told them to register, then got on with running a club. Similar to any of the clubs involved (at this stage Brothers and Canterbury?)

FuseSport does a couple of basic checks and raises a flag if there is an existing record when you register. I looked at a couple of the examples above and in each case, the name or DOB is different.

In practical terms, most clubs don't have the time or personnel to do a forensic examination of a player's history or current status when they register.

However, if any of you are volunteering to help your local club run this sort of investigation of all your players vs the thousands of registered Subbies records, I'm sure they would appreciate the help :)
With you on most points there. However, I have heard from a source inside our own club that UNSW were aware and turned a blind eye to this as they are good first grade players and didnt want to lose them. UNSW finally have a chance of competing for a title that isnt a stacked 4th grade team.

Would be good to hear from the UNSW team that defended the stacking of teams so vigorously in Round 3.

Onwards to Round 4 (Div 1 anway)!

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Div 1 Predictions

Blue Mountains - Knox. Good win by blueys at Liechhardt. Knox losing a few troops to injury. Blueys by 7

Mosman - St Pats. St Pats have been in all games and impressed me against Hunters in a very wet affair. Mosman should have more experience in this one to get across the line. Whales by 3

Forest - Drummoyne - Depends who turns up for both sides. Forest back to back wins will have them brimming with confidence. Melwood oval is a ^%$&^ of a place for away teams. Forest by 5

Colleagues - HH - Tough road trip for the boys. I wont be able to get out to the Eastern Suburbs for this one. Cant back against my own club. HH by 3

Petersham - Waverley - Waverley are big and powerful. Petersham to match them for 60 minutes. Waverley by 12

SuburbanCornChip

Bob McCowan (2)

Yeah I think this is a solid point pfitzy.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
However, I have heard from a source inside our own club that UNSW were aware and turned a blind eye to this as they are good first grade players and didnt want to lose them.

Interesting. The question for me: where did they register first?

And, selfishly as we play Canterbury tomorrow :) I'm more worried that we're going to run into Barraclough-level players down in 4th Division! I'm probably playing McLean Cup and that's crazy enough (at my age) without that sort of quality running around :)

Last edited:

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)

And, selfishly as we play Canterbury tomorrow :) I'm more worried that we're going to run into Barraclough-level players down in 4th Division! I'm probably playing McLean Cup and that's crazy enough (at my age) without that sort of quality running around :)

Just trying to catch up here....whats the exact issue? UNSW ran some higher graders in some delayed lower grade wet weather games?

WoodyWoodsman

Sydney Middleton (9)

None of the aforementioned players have been named for UNSW this week so I guess time will tell.

Waterloo_Ned

Herbert Moran (7)
There are multiple issues at play here PFitzy.
Just trying to catch up here....whats the exact issue? UNSW ran some higher graders in some delayed lower grade wet weather games?

Where to begin?

1) UNSW have gaps in their team sheets. There team sheets have numerous blanks.
2) When UNSW higher grades were washed out, they played a large amount of higher graders in the lower grades.
3) UNSW are playing a bunch of guys who are registered with other clubs.