• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2022

Mangoman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Id hate to take you fishing You take the bait everytime
251EF8E2-664C-409E-8B9C-F368335C8382.jpeg

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Div 1 Kentwell

Waverley - HH.- I would have preferred to be coming up against Colleagues as I feel Waverley are a stronger club. But to be the best, you have to beat the best. Looking forward to getting a full 80 minutes against Waverley on a decent field. Weather should allow for running Rugby. This will be a cracker. Dont worry about the main field. Field 2 will be the best game of the day.
Heart says HH by 3

Mosman - Colleagues - Mosman did a job on St Pats last week. Have colleagues been able to fix the end of season slip that showed some gaps in their game? The plastic will keep the game even. I think Mosman knock them off by 7.

Denistone_Dennis

Chris McKivat (8)
Div 2 GF Tips

1st Grade
UNSW aren't that great for a team making the GF, but seem to make their opposition play poorly, which is a skill in itself. Newport will be praying for clear skies up until Saturday for an open game. If UNSW don't make errors it's hard to see them losing, especially with the super subs they've got. UNSW by 5.

2nd Grade
UNSW here. Too much depth for a Lindfield team that is lucky to be undefeated. Lindfields chances lie in keeping their scrum dominant, but even hills almost came over the top of them last weekend despite that dominance. UNSW by 10.

Colts
Could be an upset here. All depends on whether Easts are in the hunt at half time. If Lindfield aren't well clear by the time their starting front row get subbed it could be trouble. Lindfield by 2, with no confidence.

3rd Grade
Tight this one. Hills will need the scrum dominance they've had most weeks. Newport will need their backs to click as they have most of the season. If it's a wet track, Hills, if it's dry, Newport.

4th Grade
Lindfield here by 5. Too much lower grade depth, too good a bench. Could depend on what UNSW are able to run out and who they save as freshies for higher grades.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Div 2 GF Tips

1st Grade
UNSW aren't that great for a team making the GF, but seem to make their opposition play poorly, which is a skill in itself. Newport will be praying for clear skies up until Saturday for an open game. If UNSW don't make errors it's hard to see them losing, especially with the super subs they've got. UNSW by 5.
Love your confidence Denistone_dennis!!

oldmate11

Herbert Moran (7)
Div 2 Grand Finals

All comes down to this. Best of luck to all teams.

Richardson Cup - Lindfield v UNSW - I expect a Lindfield win here, they have the best depth of all clubs in this division and UNSW will probably be looking toward their other Grand Finals. Lindfield by 10

Blunt Cup - Newport v Hills - Having been on the wrong end of a Newport 3rd grade grand final loss (hint, it was 2019). I know that Newport have the ability to dig deep and get the job done. With a big crowd behind them I expect them to win in a tight one. Hills will tire towards the back end. Newport by 3

Robertson Cup - Lindfield v Queefs sorry Queasts - Lindfield will be too big and too strong for the Eastern Suburbs lads. Others have raised issues with their backline defence and while I agree it is very soft they offer very little opportunity for teams to exploit it as they spend most of the game bullying teams up the middle. They are deadly in the redzone and Easts will need to throw the kitchen sink to keep them out of it. Lindfield to pull away in the second half and win by 17.

Stockdale Cup - Lindfield v UNSW - Lindfield have done well to be undefeated but haven't exactly dominated opposition either. A shaky performance against Hills last week will motivate UNSW to ruin the fairy tale season. This'll be close but I'm gonna go with the upset here. UNSW by 1.

Barraclough Cup - Newport v UNSW - I think the field will have dried enough by kick off to allow the Newport backline to work their magic. UNSW no slouches either with their fullback proving to be an electric mid-season pickup who can create opportunities out of nothing. However, Newport just know how to get the win in these games and I think they win with a penalty goal on the buzzer. Newport by 3.

The Waverley Walrus

Bob McCowan (2)
Div 1 Kentwell

Waverley - HH.- I would have preferred to be coming up against Colleagues as I feel Waverley are a stronger club. But to be the best, you have to beat the best. Looking forward to getting a full 80 minutes against Waverley on a decent field. Weather should allow for running Rugby. This will be a cracker. Dont worry about the main field. Field 2 will be the best game of the day.
Heart says HH by 3

Mosman - Colleagues - Mosman did a job on St Pats last week. Have colleagues been able to fix the end of season slip that showed some gaps in their game? The plastic will keep the game even. I think Mosman knock them off by 7.

Attachments

• 3A82DEA2-88E2-49FC-9944-CFE9D991D18D.jpeg
    3A82DEA2-88E2-49FC-9944-CFE9D991D18D.jpeg
    989.8 KB · Views: 87

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Is the UNSW fullback coming from Petersham what all the drama was about earlier in the year around dual regos?

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Pfitzy - Why have subbies moved us to the plastic? Suns shining, 23 degs tomorrow. Feel that this will help Waverley given their game plan. Ill definitely be inspecting #2 to see how bad it is.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pfitzy - Why have subbies moved us to the plastic? Suns shining, 23 degs tomorrow. Feel that this will help Waverley given their game plan. Ill definitely be inspecting #2 to see how bad it is.

Well, I'm not the ground owner, but I'm guessing it was due to predicted rain for today and tomorrow.

Always tough to make these calls: if you get it wrong - either way - there are any number of people ready to line up and take a shot ;)

1662709609407.png

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

P.S. Your Mens Rugby Chair is also on the Board. Why not ask him? ;)

Denistone_Dennis

Chris McKivat (8)
Geez you blokes carry on. 6 months ago your club was dragged kicking and screaming to Div 1. Now your a game away from a grand final and you want to bleat about playing surfaces.

Through the hands

Stan Wickham (3)
Two absolutely ripper games in colts tonight.

Goes to show anyone in that top 5 could’ve won the entire thing.

Best of luck to Colleagues and Waverley in the big dance next week.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
TG Milner looks in great Knick and a fast deck awaits those teams wanting to run. A big vocal crowd in early for UNSW vs Old Soldier.

Cauliflower Brain

Frank Row (1)
TG Milner has turned out perfect for today. Games have been awesome as well with the forum underdogs coming through in the first two games.

12-5 in 4th grade for UNSW with a hard fought win was great to see.

7-5 win for Hills in 3rd grade with a super late try and conversion. Newport will be kicking themselves for repeated infringements and not capitalising on early dominance/rub of the green

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
So far in Div 2 we've had Minor Premiers take 4s, Colts, and 2nd Grade, while runners up took 3rd Grade.

First Grade is an arm wrestle right now. Neither side finding enough continuity.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Div 1 GFs next week are lining up as:

Sutherland: Mosman (1) v Waverley (3)
Judd: Blue Mountains (1) v Waverley (2)
Whiddon: Waverley (1) v Mosman (3)
Barbour: Colleagues (1) v Waverley (2)
Burke: Waverley(1) v St Pats (3) -this is still in progress but Waves just got their 4th try so it would need a heck of a comeback.
Kentwell: TBC

Last edited:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
So far in Div 2 we've had Minor Premiers take 4s, Colts, and 2nd Grade, while runners up took 3rd Grade.

First Grade is an arm wrestle right now. Neither side finding enough continuity.

And minor premiers take Barraclough. Close game.