• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The defence of Matt Giteau

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The key was the attack straightened once past Toeava? leaving options wider that defenders also had to worry about leaving that bit of space. Nobody crabbed Mitchell into the sideline.

Yep, it created the right amount of doubt in the minds in defence, as did the fact that KB (Kurtley Beale) held the ball in two hands before passing. It effectively made Mils stop, because he couldn't be sure which direction the attack would take at that point. That beautiful wide, flat ball from Cooper was a gem too.

R

Richard D. James

It wouldn't have mattered if Toeava didn't slip over, he was done for anyway.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Absolutely, but in many cases you'll see that by being wrong footed by the attacking team. Couldn't say for sure if that happened in this case, but it certainly is a possibility.

It looked like he slipped because he was caught out of position and tried to readjust too violently and his studs went out from under him. But even better positioned you'd doubt that the same result would not have been achieved. The key to the move is what Beale does at top pace. He runs straight, directly at Mils and about 5 metres away starts to cut in. Mils has to prop and try to cover him, if he moves over to cover Mitchell then Beale just dummies a pass and is in under the posts. Mils props, Beale hits Mitchell with a perfect pass and its all over. Mils looks totally outclassed but what else could he have done. He is one of the two best 15's in world rugby. Felt sorry for him after I stopped cheering (not really, he plays for the Darkness).

You won't see many better tries scored in an international.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
I will not fucking tolerate anyone talking up the most overated player in the history of rugby union, Matt 'How Good am I ?' Giteau.

We cannot win the World Cup with Giteau in the side. Shit, even in the 22 he is dangerous. He is a cancer that must be purged ASAP. Shit attitude, no heart, no commitment.

Giteau's faults:
- a midfielder who crabs (as useful as a prop who can't scrummage, fullback who can't catch).
- soft. Typified by his love of the cross field kick. No patience, no tactical nous, no appreciation of 'it'll take us 15 minutes to get the ball in that field position'.
- a selfish ****. Loves nothing more than running 30 metres to take the gap outside the winger, rather than pass it and set up his outside man.
- soft.
- flat track bullly. Played, at most, 2 good games for the Wallabies against quality competition. Would tease selectors and kill the team for 10 tests, based on carving up against Italy B or Fiji Barbarians.
- soft
- lack of physicality. Couldn't match up against the Nonu's & Roberts' of 21st century rugby.
- soft. Sold out to the highest bidder.
- the biggest wanker to ever play for the Wallabies; ie " it was my decision to give up the goal kicking" after being fucking it up royally, bitching about how it was ruining his image as a player, openly blaming his teammates etc.
- not a team player.
- massive, out of all proportion to his performance, EGO
- Openly had rifts and actively undermined Deans & Mitchell.
- was gifted 40 tests between Larkham & Mortlock where he did zero and coasted off their coat tails
- soft. Refused to put his body on the line with aggressive defence, hard running or even playing 10/12 at the advantage line.
- complete inability to play make
- zero tactical sense
- insistence on playing 10
- entitlement complex

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I thought that Genia's terrific long pass allowed Cooper to run at AB inside centre so the poor winger had 13, 15 and 14 to shut down. Good dummy inside run from O'Connor kept the defence flat-footed and the cover defense of the AB tight five very impressive.

C

chriss555

I will not fucking tolerate anyone talking up the most overated player in the history of rugby union, Matt 'How Good am I ?' Giteau.

We cannot win the World Cup with Giteau in the side. Shit, even in the 22 he is dangerous. He is a cancer that must be purged ASAP. Shit attitude, no heart, no commitment.

Giteau's faults:
- a midfielder who crabs (as useful as a prop who can't scrummage, fullback who can't catch).
- soft. Typified by his love of the cross field kick. No patience, no tactical nous, no appreciation of 'it'll take us 15 minutes to get the ball in that field position'.
- a selfish ****. Loves nothing more than running 30 metres to take the gap outside the winger, rather than pass it and set up his outside man.
- soft.
- flat track bullly. Played, at most, 2 good games for the Wallabies against quality competition. Would tease selectors and kill the team for 10 tests, based on carving up against Italy B or Fiji Barbarians.
- soft
- lack of physicality. Couldn't match up against the Nonu's & Roberts' of 21st century rugby.
- soft. Sold out to the highest bidder.
- the biggest wanker to ever play for the Wallabies; ie " it was my decision to give up the goal kicking" after being fucking it up royally, bitching about how it was ruining his image as a player, openly blaming his teammates etc.
- not a team player.
- massive, out of all proportion to his performance, EGO
- Openly had rifts and actively undermined Deans & Mitchell.
- was gifted 40 tests between Larkham & Mortlock where he did zero and coasted off their coat tails
- soft. Refused to put his body on the line with aggressive defence, hard running or even playing 10/12 at the advantage line.
- complete inability to play make
- zero tactical sense
- insistence on playing 10
- entitlement complex

did Gits punch you over or steal your girlfrend, thats wot it sounds like.....a whole lot of hate.......... Mate there`s an old saying 'better to be a has been than a never been'...which been are you ???? can`t be has been because your talking out your back end in regards to Gits...

Go the Gits

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What's funny is that Naza has Palu in his avatar... who has achieved even less at both an international and super level...

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
What's funny is that Naza has Palu in his avatar... who has achieved even less at both an international and super level...

Riiiight. Cause the Tahs & Wallabies didn't miss Palu at all last year. MUCH !

Palu = 1st Wallaby picked. Geez we were lacking for physicality, go forward and dynamism in the pack without him.

Whereas Giteau getting dropped = addition by subtraction.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yes, he's first picked in a position where Australia are lacking...

He's also not performed very well against teams like New Zealand or South Africa...

While we all admit Giteau has not performed well in the past few years, he was for many years world class...

But you won't admit it because you have some blind hatred of Giteau and it clouds any form of rationalism on your part...

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Riiiight. Cause the Tahs & Wallabies didn't miss Palu at all last year. MUCH !

Palu = 1st Wallaby picked. Geez we were lacking for physicality, go forward and dynamism in the pack without him.

Whereas Giteau getting dropped = addition by subtraction.

This is something I've commented on before.....I'd say that he wasn't missed much at all in the Tri-Nations. His average rating against 3N teams here on GR&G is a pretty average 5.

Oh....Palu like to bash up Fijians and northern hemishere teams like Wales but it's been fairly ineffectual against NZ and SA to date.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
This is something I've commented on before.....I'd say that he wasn't missed much at all in the Tri-Nations. His average rating against 3N teams here on GR&G is a pretty average 5.

Oh....Palu like to bash up Fijians and northern hemishere teams like Wales but it's been fairly ineffectual against NZ and SA to date.

You are confusing the difference between being a match winner and adding something the team lacks, Palu isn't a match winner but Aus is a better side with his skills/abilities on the field

C

chriss555

Mate, I'm just bewildered by these muppets rocking up on the forum after countless Giteau threads, and wondering why the gimp isn't rated.

That a classic NEVER BEEN comment.

Go The Gits

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
You are confusing the difference between being a match winner and adding something the team lacks, Palu isn't a match winner but Aus is a better side with his skills/abilities on the field

Actually, I think Naza is confusing Palu for someone else:

Really? REALLY??

1st Wallaby picked = something pretty bloody close to match winner wouldn't it?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.