• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The ranting at Deans/ARU/O'Neill/Players thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
So, a very honest, trustworthy and decent lady who works for me and happens to live very close to Randwick Rugby Club, was walking by the aforementioned institution on Sunday afternoon and a certain Wallaby, that perhaps didnt have the best of games on Saturday night, was outside with a couple of mates (very big boys she mentioned). The Wallaby, who was in an obvious state of impairment (off his tree - and it didnt look as though it was just through a couple of drinks too many), saw my employee looking across at him and shouted out across the street, "and you can F#*k off you C@*T".

Charming! Great to see the strong hand of Dingo obviously has the boys very worried about their selection.

If that's fair dinkum then she should approach the ARU I'm pretty disgusted that anyone would talk to a woman like that Wallaby or not. It seems most people are assuming that it's Kurtley Beale & to be honest that bloke never looked interested at all on Saturday night. He actually strikes me as a bit of a twat who can't handle his piss.

Beale is a freak talent & I'd love to see him return to his 2010 form but at the moment his attitude is all wrong & it's clear he can't handle his piss.

Wasn't the 2002/2003 All Black team slagged off for having a big boozing culture when coached by John Mitchell & Deans as his assistant.

Another reason to sack Deans.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Moore must be the starter. He is fitter and on equal footing with Sharpie as a leader in the pack. If I was Deans I would now have him as my vice captain.
He is a player that provides a point of difference at the breakdown and in general play. His lineout work is also superior to that of TPN.
I never understood how TPN leapfrogged him to start. I guess it was to maintain the Tahs front row combination(which is no more).

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Your right to vent about the topic of this new thread should be protected - we all no doubt feel the same pain. But we can't have it taking over every thread at G&GR.

So this thread will become the hold-all for those posts and any new ones you want to make. Mods will move such posts from other threads to this one.

"I disagree with the selections/tactics/decisions because x y and z" vibe of comment will not be moved as long as they're relevant to that thread.

"Robbie Deans / John O'Neill / Player X NEEDS BONING NOW" type of posts will be.

cheers

the Management

PS - This doesn't make it a free for all. Same play the ball not the man rules apply

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Is it possible that we are all wrong about Deans? Maybe he is working at a whole other level... Please, don your tin foil hat and journey with me to the land of improbability:

Have you ever noticed that when one team (in any code of football actually) plays particularly badly in a match, it somehow "infects" the other team who succumb to the dreaded droppsies and fumbles as well? Well, given the regularity with which the Wallabies have misfired over the last couple of seasons, perhaps this is a long term plan on Deans' part to ultimately defeat the all blacks.

The plan on the weekend was to play with just the right amount of crapulence (not too much, mind as then it would be an annihilation) to bring the all blacks down to the same level as the wallabies were playing, and then BEAT THEM WITH THE EXPERIENCE GAINED OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS OF PLAYING AT THAT LOW LEVEL!!!!

Given the scoreline and with 10 minutes to go only 5 points the difference - it almost worked too.

The man is truly a genius.

(not to be taken seriously, or without food).

W

Waylon

You keep telling yourself that son :eek: One is a proven world class test player the other is not.

TPN is a player who scares allblacks. The bloke is a human exorcet missile and one of the few wallabies who actually scare the opposition. His scrummaging is good. His lineout throwing last Sat was excellent. We need forwards who scare them and we have few

Squeaky doesn't scare my mum. He falls into the allblack joke book...........ie who's the softest rake in world rugby....easy bro, that wallaby joker......squeaky

P

Paradox

TPN is a player who scares allblacks.

Oh dear, give me a break. TPN has had one very good 1/2 of football against the Boks about 3 years ago. Other than that, his international career he been average. He didn't scare Messam much last week when Messam belted him and forced him to knock on.

Squeaky doesn't scare my mum. He falls into the allblack joke book.....ie who's the softest rake in world rugby..easy bro, that wallaby joker..squeaky

** Sigh **

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Oh dear, give me a break. TPN has had one very good 1/2 of football against the Boks about 3 years ago. Other than that, his international career he been average. He didn't scare Messam much last week when Messam belted him and forced him to knock on.

** Sigh **

With due respect, I believe your selling TPN short. I also believe Waylon is selling Moore short. As I have said. Neither player let's down the wallabies and either starting is fine by me, deans has said he picked TPN fr his combination with the front row. It's a simple selection reason, it's Justifiable.

I would have TPN start, I like moore playing when the game loosens up a bit, he runs a bit wider and I want to take advantage of that in the second half while having TPN take care of the pissing contest up front that he loves.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
It still pains me to see so many (NSW Waratahs) bracketed against most of the Wallabies team, and it's not a provincial rivalry thing, it's just that these players have not been the best in their position this year.

Robinson - Slipper
Polota-Nau- Moore
Kepu - Palmer (unfit)
Timani- Pyle/Wallace-Harrison/Fardy/Takeyourpick
Horne- Fainga'a (could go either way, both dont seem to cut it at test level)
Mitchell- Shipperely

It's not a personal grudge against NSW, but I can't see how these players are chosen over others who simply performed better all year.

D

daz

Deans needs to go. We mostly agree on this. We also mostly agree that Link is the obvious successor.

Guys, I am just going to throw this out there: Why not Jake White, instead?

White is a no bullshit guy who takes no crap, while being a highly skilled motivator and man manager. He has a game plan and uses players well.

Like Link, he is taking a basket case S15 team on the up and up.

He is also proven at international level (unlike Link and Deans). Remember he did not quit the Saffa's, and was not sacked due to poor performance; it was political.

He would be relatively free of the provincial politics while still having a solid understanding of Oz rugby. He has coached here. Deans never did.

Discuss.

D

daz

I'm collecting a list of players that never fucked up. So far I have :

1: John Eales

Care to contribute some more?

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a list of players who never had an off-field problem, or who never had a bad game in Wallaby colours.

If it is the latter, do remember that the great man had a very inauspicious start to his career. By his own admission his first 4 games were ordinary at best, to the point where it was likely he was going to be dropped like a hot potato.

J

Jiggles

I would have TPN start, I like moore playing when the game loosens up a bit, he runs a bit wider and I want to take advantage of that in the second half while having TPN take care of the pissing contest up front that he loves.

You really don't watch these guys play do you? That is the complete opposite of how they play. All TPN ever does is mid-field runs. He barely, if ever, picks and drives, compared to Moore.

J

Jiggles

Deans needs to go. We mostly agree on this. We also mostly agree that Link is the obvious successor.

Guys, I am just going to throw this out there: Why not Jake White, instead?

White is a no bullshit guy who takes no crap, while being a highly skilled motivator and man manager. He has a game plan and uses players well.

Like Link, he is taking a basket case S15 team on the up and up.

He is also proven at international level (unlike Link and Deans). Remember he did not quit the Saffa's, and was not sacked due to poor performance; it was political.

He would be relatively free of the provincial politics while still having a solid understanding of Oz rugby. He has coached here. Deans never did.

Discuss.

Jake White's record is marginally better than PdV's, or Connolly's or Dean's. His team was nothing special with respect to other South African teams of the last couple of years. They got a pretty lucky draw with the world cup too. Winners are grinners, though.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
You really don't watch these guys play do you? That is the complete opposite of how they play. All TPN ever does is mid-field runs. He barely, if ever, picks and drives, compared to Moore.

I watch a lot of them, which is why I don't understand your point at all. Moore is the better loose play runner and it is an advantage to have him on after the softening up period (based on both hookers being used which I think they should be)

TPNs strength is in close, pick and drives aren't the only in close. I'm not saying Moore is bad at them, just that I would prefer TPN during the first 30 and Moore for the last 30.

D

daz

Jake White's record is marginally better than PdV's, or Connolly's or Dean's. His team was nothing special with respect to other South African teams of the last couple of years. They got a pretty lucky draw with the world cup too. Winners are grinners, though.

82% in the 2007 RWC year. We could only dream of such numbers.

His ratio was smashed over-all due to losses against the Kiwis (33% w/l) and Oz (55% w/l).

Funny, he has 100% against Scotland and Samoa. I'll take that for starters.

Forget the "lucky draw" arguement. He played the cards he was dealt and he came up trumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.