• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
Hmmmmmmm.... For a guy who wasn't anywhere near a Walaby jersey when he was here I'd first like to see him play against some SANZAAR quality opposition first.

Didn't Jones pick him way back when? I thought he toured/had a few appearances or was that juniors?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
To'omua is apparently out for 4-6 weeks so that definitely rules him out of any Wallaby talk.............

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Having seen the Force game in Tokyo, this is my starting XV for June tests:

1 Scott Sio
2 Harry Scoble
3 Greg Holmes
4 Ross Haylett-Petty
5 Adam Coleman
6 Byrnard Stander
7 Matt Hodgson (c)
8 Ben McCalman
9 Nick Phipps
10 Ian Prior
11 Luke Morahan
12 Kyle Godwin
13 Junior Rasolea
14 Marcel Brache
15 Dane Haylett-Petty

The Western Wallabies!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
As a side note, not a Wallaby selection this year but been impressed with Harry Scoble for the Force in recent games. One perhaps for the future.

thefencesitter

Allen Oxlade (6)
As a side note, not a Wallaby selection this year but been impressed with Harry Scoble for the Force in recent games. One perhaps for the future.
Thats very true, Scoble has been very solid and reliant at hooker, and brings a sense of relief to australian selectors for years to come. did anyone see Andrew Kellaway's performance last night? Super safe and reliant at the back, provided a brilliant try saving tackle and ran the ball hard. Wouldn't be surprised if he was starting fullback come 2019 RWC. Please Share thoughts

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Kellaway certainly has the potential to play in gold and I've been impressed with him this season. A good gradual development of his skills is taking place at the moment and that's great.

Big Sam played really well against the Bulls the other night and did exactly what I wanted from a lock: secure in the set piece, carrying the ball up with good body height and hitting rucks. If he continues to play like that in the coming weeks he'll be in the Wallaby XV for the first England test.

thefencesitter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Kellaway certainly has the potential to play in gold and I've been impressed with him this season. A good gradual development of his skills is taking place at the moment and that's great.

Big Sam played really well against the Bulls the other night and did exactly what I wanted from a lock: secure in the set piece, carrying the ball up with good body height and hitting rucks. If he continues to play like that in the coming weeks he'll be in the Wallaby XV for the first England test.
I noticed that as well, but I feel in the big games e.g against england, NZ; he doesn't have an impact. Hopefully his recent form sparks a new determination in him, but in previous years he seems soft in the games that matter. Would prefer someone a bit harder like Jones and Dennis. Thoughts?

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
The 'hard' lock we need is Douglas, but unfortunately right now we can't have him. That's why I like Timani, I think he's the closest we've got to that at the moment.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
The 'hard' lock we need is Douglas, but unfortunately right now we can't have him. That's why I like Timani, I think he's the closest we've got to that at the moment.
Except he doesnt jump in the lineout. Coleman/Carter/Aronld

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I read he had 4 lineout wins. Is that better?

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Tapatalk