• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Thoughts on Folau to rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
I would love to know what his heartbeat was before and during the game. His calmness, poise, etc are extraordinary - I have seen something almost like it in a relative when he competed and he is borderline Asperger.

Could be worth a couple of truckloads of money - considering how much JON collected in his last year, and sums paid to the likes of Giteau and other NRL players.

Would like to see him in back three with two of Mogg, KB (Kurtley Beale), O'Connor.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
The best part of NRL is origin, he just got a better atmosphere at Suncorp than any origin match I'm pretty sure. Etihad will be similar and ANZ as well. If he wins the series at ANZ there's no possible way he could be missing league.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Today's Australian was reporting that his manager had formally ended all negotiations with League clubs over a month ago and was only stalling his Union talks until this series had concluded.

Smart move after Saturday, he's going to be a keeper.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
How're they gonna keep him down on the farm, after he's seen Paree?

Campbelltown or the World? I know which one I would choose.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hopefully the carrot of a real world cup, followed by Olympic glory, can keep him until 2016 at least. After that he may still find time to go back to league. And dominate.

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Izzy on The Rugby Club last night made a comment that I found refreshing. When asked what surprised him most about playing Rugby, he offered something along the lines of, "I didn't think I would get that much opportunity to attack, or to run with the ball. But the opposite is true. Chieks told me I should be looking for work, looking to get my hands on the ball and play some footy."

One thing that frustrates me is when a convert goes back to League from Union, the League commentators/players/fans all say that he got bored in Union sitting out on the wing. Which is patently untrue in the case of almost all the converts that have played in the outside backs (Sailor, Tuquiri, Rogers etc). Yet the League masses, believe what they are told and so Folau thought, I'll just bide my time for a year in Union even though it will mean sitting on the wing doing nothing, then he plays the game and wouldn't you know it, it's freakin AWESOME! :D

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Pretty sure his comment about attacking rugby was specific to going to the Tahs rather than about rugby generally.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Pretty sure his comment about attacking rugby was specific to going to the Tahs rather than about rugby generally.

Yes it was but then he followed it up by saying that Deans gave him the same edict. This represents the sum total of his Rugby experience at a professional level so for him that is rugby in general.

Gurz

Allen Oxlade (6)
I thought couple of interesting comments FOlau made - One was talking about how QC (Quade Cooper) would / gives his outside back room - Obviously Folau understands that (for backs) rugby is all about giving themselves room... Interesting...

Unfortunately I think he kept his cards pretty close to himself and long term rugby although we can hope...may be a bit far off....

He seems like a genuine guy and cares about the relationships he forms - eg re comments around friendship formed with Christian Leliafano...

Hope he stays in rugby of course... but think theres a bit left to go........

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
If he was really happy with rugby and his mind was made up I cannot see why he doesn't come outand say so and sign a new contract. maybe he does want to go back to 5 kick and he is just waiting for some concessions being given by them. I certainly don't think they can offer him the money or the playing and travel experience that we can. Is it just about the dollars? Given the delay I think it may be and if so then, irrespective ofhow good he is and how good he can become, I just wish he would say so

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I thought couple of interesting comments FOlau made - One was talking about how QC (Quade Cooper) would / gives his outside back room - Obviously Folau understands that (for backs) rugby is all about giving themselves room. Interesting.

Its now a high possibility of a Genia, Cooper Wallabies combo and with there speed of passing and quade's kick passing, Falou would be devastating and a massive threat to All teams.

It may just change my mind of him in Rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.