• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TRC 2022: All Blacks v Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
1661286564029.jpg

"Why do you hate Hoskins Sotutu?"
"I don't Sir, I just never noticed him before. And Ardie is the senior player with Sam Ca
"Then why do we keep losing with those two?
"I don't know, Sir"
"Say your name"
"My name is Reek, Sir"
"Louder!"
"My name is Reek, Sir!"
"Say it with bells on".
"My name is Reek, Sir, ding dong, ding dong, Reek, Sir"
"Now go get me some more bloody coffee and make sure it's hot this time".

"Yes Sir, right away Sir".

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Perofeta time.

Still no Hoskins - despite Fozzie singling him out for praise for his game on the weekend for Counties.

All Blacks: Jordie Barrett, Will Jordan, Rieko Ioane, David Havili, Caleb Clarke, Richie Mo'unga, Aaron Smith, Ardie Savea, Sam Cane (captain), Shannon Frizell, Scott Barrett, Sam Whitelock, Tyrel Lomax, Samisoni Taukei'aho, Ethan de Groot.

Reserves: Codie Taylor, George Bower, Fletcher Newell, Tupou Vaa'i, Akira Ioane, Finlay Christie, Stephen Perofeta*, Quinn Tupaea.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Perofeta time.

Still no Hoskins - despite Fozzie singling him out for praise for his game on the weekend for Counties.
Think Hoskins may get a look at bench next week if result goes okay this week kiwi, would of been pretty surprised if there had been unforced changes for the first test.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Think Hoskins may get a look at bench next week if result goes okay this week kiwi, would of been pretty surprised if there had been unforced changes for the first test.

Good call. Yeah happy to see the performance at JoBurg rewarded.

Perofeta is a cool story - playing for Whanganui in Heartland Rugby as a schoolboy to the All Blacks.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Good call. Yeah happy to see the performance at JoBurg rewarded.

Perofeta is a cool story - playing for Whanganui in Heartland Rugby as a schoolboy to the All Blacks.
And also of course Perofeta also nowadays a Naki man!! I didn't realise he had played Whanganui as a schoolboy, no doubt why he crossed border to the Naki.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Argentina: 1-Thomas Gallo, 2-Julian Montoya (captain), 3-Joel Sclavi, 4-Matias Alemanno, 5-Tomas Lavanini, 6-Juan Martin Gonzalez, 7-Marcos Kremer, 8-Pablo Matera, 9-Gonzalo Bertranou, 10-Santiago Carreras, 11-Lucio Cinti, 12-Matias Orlando, 13-Matias Moroni, 14-Emiliano Boffelli, 15-Juan Cruz Mallia

Reserves: 16-Santiago Socino, 17-Mayco Vivas, 18-Eduardo Bello, 19-Guido Petti, 20-Santiago Grondona, 21-Tomas Cubeli, 22-Tomas Albornoz, 23-Santiago Cordero

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Had a chuckle last night when Cheika was saying how good kiwis were, he asked how many teams get to visit a country where there is a mural of the teams assistant coach on a building near the ground! David Kidwell ex NZ leaguie and defance coach for Pumas is a Christchurch boy!
1661457309368.png

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Or @15 where his counter attack/linking skills & speed in space is quite scary

The wowest thing he's done in Black for some time was swatting that 50:22 back in-goal, retrieving it & carving the chasers whilst positioned at 15. As a 10 he's been nowhere near where he was for Loss Bleus.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Beaugan Barrett's talent lies in the fact that he sometimes gets the ball to do things that are otherwise preposterous e.g. clearing kick from the back bounces just inside touch, into his hands, and he scores at the other end. He's got pace and hands and good feet, but I liken him to Adam Gilchrist in some ways - hear me out on this.

Gilly was talented as fuck in terms of hitting things with a cricket bat. His short-form record speaks for itself. In Test cricket, however, there is a feeling that he only scored big after people up the order scored big.

Whether that is accurate or not, I feel like BBarrett is the same: when he's got the freedom to express himself, he's a complete fkn freak. And that is usually off the back of an AB team that feels like it'll just score more points than you and force you into mistakes.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ nah, bogey under the nail of his pinky finger never lost contact with the metre-long pulled thread on the jersey of the bloke in front of him...

In other Believe It Or Not news, Tomas Lavanini has gone 40 I repeat 40 minutes without getting carded...

Status
Not open for further replies.