• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TRC2021 - All Blacks v Springboks @ Townsville 25/09

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
The root cause of a lot of these errors is not the execution, but the option. For example dropped balls in heavy traffic - yes the players need to be more accurate but we're trying to play the same game even though the defense is up so close.

I'd argue it's both. That's how bad the AB's have played.

I can’t believe I just saw a team put up a box kick at their oppositions 22.

It's the 90's again!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Lol Pollard and their piss poor kicking tactics cost them the match.

Good - genuine fucking idiots had it in the bag and they kicked it away.

Edit: i don't think I've ever seen anything quite that dumb. All muscle and not a single braincell to rub between 'em.

Jeffrey

Chris McKivat (8)
Very nervy game. Very nervy.

Jordie had a great game.
Patrick was excellent when he came on
Karl has been very good this season
Hoskins brought some energy
Quinn brought some physicality
Samisoni brought some anxiety

Bench made a difference. So much to talk about
But before all that, time for a hamburger with an extra patty.

duckbill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Rennie wasn’t wrong - the Boks don’t want the ball. Deserved to lose that. Kicking the ball away with 2mins to go is ridiculous.
The constant box kicks in attack are just mind numbing - 50-50 proposition at best and rely on a mistake by your opposition - so one dimensional and just on that the boks deserved to lose - the game was theirs for the taking...

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Lol Pollard and their piss poor kicking tactics cost them the match.

Good - genuine fucking idiots had it in the bag and they kicked it away.

Edit: i don't think I've ever seen anything quite that dumb. All muscle and not a single braincell to rub between 'em.
Were they piss poor tactics though? Seems to me getting NZ to make all the play is a far better tactic than trying to run around them.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Out of jail

Jordie has bought himself a 20-test nagging reprieve from me.

What a fucking shambles the AB's were though. FFS IF YOU DONT CATCH THE HIGH BALL THE BOKS WILL KEEP KICKING IT. THEY'LL PROBABLY KEEP KICKING IT ANYWAY.

GREAT game from Mapimpi, challenging every high kick and turning to face his own team giving his side every chance to retain possession.

Great match for the following AB's:

Dane Coles
Sam Whitelock
Blackadder: great in the lineouts
Jacobsen
AfterDavid
Mounga
ALB
Goodhue
JORDIE

tragic

John Solomon (38)
When was the last time the ABs lost a close one at the death. Amazing ability to close out the tight ones.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I will say I am f***en wrapped with that result. One of my older brothers who is a real rugby man, has been on a number of supporter's tours , to all parts of the worls including SA, passed away at 11am this morning, I sat here and just said do it for Brian, and the bloody beuaties did!
So I am very content!!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Were they piss poor tactics though? Seems to me getting NZ to make all the play is a far better tactic than trying to run around them.
Surely you just roll up the middle when you have the lead and there are a couple of minutes to go? They were making gainline easily at that point.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
ABs missing AARon a lot

Big fucking time. That's the difference between having the best halfback in the world and the backup. The halfback's number one job is passing from the back of the ruck quickly. It's pretty much the most important part of the game and no one comes close to Aaron in that regard.

Side note: it was almost comical watching the SA backs get the ball in hand, it was like they were in as much shock as we were.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Man. That South African kicking strategy is. Well. It's something.

I a way you have to take your hat off to them. They're probably the most dedicated and disciplined team I've ever seen when it comes to adhering to the game plan.

Once McNugget's kicked his penalty my thought was "okay, these South African's are going to have to throw the ball around now. Wasn't working well for them when the game started to break down from the 75th minute so there's an opportunity to pad the score with a late try."

But no.

Up went the box kicks.

Sticking to your strategy come hell or high water -- particularly when the sky is on fire and the water is up to your nose -- takes some monumental self-belief. Kills the game smarts/management, but phenomenal self-belief.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Well I will say I am f***en wrapped with that result. One of my older brothers who is a real rugby man, has been on a number of supporter's tours , to all parts of the worls including SA, passed away at 11am this morning, I sat here and just said do it for Brian, and the bloody beuaties did!
So I am very content!!
Sorry for your lose glad something good came for you today

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So I am very content!!
Sincerest condolences, mate.